• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Camus

Trusted ⭐
In terms results from that block of fixtures that was mentioned as the true test of our progress as few weeks back (Liverpool, Newcastle, United, Everton, Southampton, West Ham) we're literally right on track in terms of being the same **** side we've been for the past 2 years. Just need to drop another 4-6 points against in our next 3 and we'll be spot on.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Got the team wrong tonight.

Should have been Laca for Ødegaard, and while Elneny did alright, playing him over Lokonga and Niles made us a bit too defensive...also what was the point in Eddie :lol:

Bad defeat, but still time to recover...very likely that if we beat Everton, we will be 4th.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Hmm had a chance to redeem himself after anfield by playing Tierney here... Trusted nuno again and it has cost him... Elneny was ok I feel.. So nothing bad with that decision.. Problem is partey decided to have another stinker.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hmm had a chance to redeem himself after anfield by playing Tierney here... Trusted nuno again and it has cost him... Elneny was ok I feel.. So nothing bad with that decision.. Problem is partey decided to have another stinker.
Elneny wasn't the problem, Partey had a lot more misplaced passes. We learn't nothing new here.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Oh and real poor subs... Why Eddie? We didn't do anything after Eddie n Laca came on.. We had a chance before that

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
2 years, got all his players and we're still meh.
Saw some people talking about Arteta needing another 100 mil to fix the front line :lol: :lol:
By the time he gets that it'll be time to splash another 100 mil on midfield. And by then the defence will get old so another 100 mil to fix the defence. And on and on and on we go.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Saw some people talking about Arteta needing another 100 mil to fix the front line :lol: :lol:
By the time he gets that it'll be time to splash another 100 mil on midfield. And by then the defence will get old so another 100 mil to fix the defence. And on and on and on we go.
It's the story of our club really.
Poor defense in late 2000s with good mid and attack
had poor mid with top class striker in rvp (when he was fully fit) n okay defense
He left... We started to have decent mid arteta - Ramsey then Coq - cazorla with per-kos doing well but giroud as main striker

We get auba in his prime, mid becomes poor.
The cycle just continues..

Gunners1616

If we struggle this much with only 1 game a week, i really can't imagine anything better even if we somehow qualify for Europe.

We need a new coach, at least a STAR new midfielder and at serious striker.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
When Arteta does well you give him the credit. But when he ****s it up, like he did tonight, then he deserves the ****ing stick.

Absolute joke performance tonight. This game wasnt a guaranteed three points, but it was clear to see that they were there for the taking.

Tonight was worse than the Liverpool result, there is no way to spin this ****.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

When Arteta does well you give him the credit. But when he ****s it up, like he did tonight, then he deserves the ****ing stick.

Absolute joke performance tonight. This game wasnt a guaranteed three points, but it was clear to see that they were there for the taking.

Tonight was worse than the Liverpool result, there is no way to spin this ****.
Who is spinning it.. All of us lamenting his line up + subs... Bad day for him... And as you said this is really much worse than anfield.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

He’s never going to be good enough but he isn’t terrible either.

Combine that with a board who think being young is an excuse for being poor and we’re going to be stuck with him for a while.

I don’t think they’ll give him a new contract but until it runs out next summer they’re going to look for any excuse to renew him. You just know it.

This post reached a perfect ending here.

Instead, you had to prattle on like crochety windbag.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
had poor mid with top class striker in rvp (when he was fully fit) n okay defense
He left... We started to have decent mid arteta - Ramsey then Coq - cazorla with per-kos doing well but giroud as main striker

It doesn't have to be like this. Late 2000s we had a non-existent budget. Now we have something and yet we've been misusing it. Spending 50 mil on Ben White and not getting a better partner for Partey was criminal. Who had the genius idea of having a midfield of Partey Xhaka Elneny and Lokonga? Two of those players would even be gone for AFCON

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

There in a nutshell is the problem for all clubs,except City, United and Chelsea. That's what made Arsène stand out, he could get top 4 with Squillaci and Djourou at the back.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I'm extremely excited about this game and starting to feel rather optimistic about things, which given how Arteta's reign has gone up until now, probably means that I'm in for a big reality check and depressing evening that makes me not want to watch the next match. 😭

Win this and we'll be flying. Given United's managerial situation and how **** Everton are under old obsolete Rafa we really should get 6/6 from the next two games, which would surely put us in driving seat for 4th. But...what I said above, haha.
Basically this.

Since the FA Cup, which was so early in his reign we didn't really know a thing, he never manages to really genuinely surprise me and make me feel totally positive without major doubts.

He's got the rest of this season to do so at some point but each time we go through this cycle of 'are we turning a corner? Is this where Arteta's project really takes off?' 'No, no it isn't' and repeat again it makes me feel like maybe it's never going to happen.

Hope it does. There were some positives today but overall a pretty unacceptable display especially being given a goal that way.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom