• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Pyres7

We always drop off when we score and I honestly dont think the players are being instructed to do that. That being said, I dont see Arteta out there raging at them for not keeping a high tempo.
It's happened consistently throughout Arteta's tenure. If he doesn't want them to do it why is he not getting the message through to the players? I almost don't want us to score too early because we all know we're going to retreat instead of dominating and killing the game off.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

His post match interviews after we lose are awful, almost as bad as all the Athletic puff pieces.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I just don't buy this perception of "dropping off". A drop off would mean we have some sustained spell of good attacking moments. There wasn't anything of that tonight. We caught a break cause De Gea was in fetal position. But we played exactly the same before and after the goal - unable to string more than 3 progressive passes together and go back to Ramsdale.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
I haven't looked on here for a long time but I was a little surprised to see such a massive Arteta out crowd, I especially this season feel like I understand what he wants us to do, we're actually pretty ambitious when we're attacking, we move forward with most of our players and we stand high, and he's built a really promising defense but not all of our players have been playing well enough, especially some our experienced players have been letting us down greatly I feel.

I'm still patient because I knew there would be growing pains and we still need to replace 3-4 players imo, I think with the players we have he's been doing a decent job, he's worked to fix what he thought was the most important to fix that being the defense (which I agree with) and trust the veteran players in our squad to do the job for now, but they're not doing it.

I don't feel like I can ask much more of him to be perfectly honest, there's game tactics during the game (subs and such) that I'm not always happy with, but ultimately I don't feel like our squad is good enough, the young players need more experience and many of the older players aren't up for the job, it's a real shame because I feel like we're not that far off from playing to our potential as we are right now.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Auba and Ødegaard together, was never gonna work in a match like this.

Arteta has gotten the teams wrong in pretty much every big away game this season.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Arteta bottled this by playing Elneny and moving Partey to the left side of mf, Bad message to send to the team.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Arsenal & AC Milan have approached & probed the environment of Girona winger Viktor Tsygankov (26), who has a €30m release clause [Diarioas]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom