• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Manchester United 3 - 2 Arsenal | Thursday 2nd December | KO: 20:15 GMT | Amazon Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Had a chuckle listening to United fans singing about RVP and celebrating with Ronaldo. We'll ignore uncomfortable truths about those two, shall we.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Had a chuckle listening to United fans singing about RVP and celebrating with Ronaldo. We'll ignore uncomfortable truths about those two, shall we.
He loved ManU so much he spent the best part of his career away at Madrid winning CL trophies. Let them enjoy their sloppy seconds!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

And this is in a season where ManU haven't been getting penalties right, left and centre... Yes against us they get one and dodge a clear one! What I like the most is that the deluded ManU fans think they are treated unfairly, where they are being helped by the refs season in and season out...

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

So, finally got through the replay and this really is a game we should not have lost! Why Arteta chose to start Elneny is beyond me, but there we are. And why not bring on Pepe when we are chasing the game at the end? At least he has goals in him, but instead we bring on Eddie? What is that? Aren't we selling or letting the guy go soon? Also, ManU aren't particularly good. They won thanks to the refs again, but there we are. Anyhow, onwards and upwards! :rolleyes:

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
So, finally got through the replay and this really is a game we should not have lost! Why Arteta chose to start Elneny is beyond me, but there we are. And why not bring on Pepe when we are chasing the game at the end? At least he has goals in him, but instead we bring on Eddie? What is that? Aren't we selling or letting the guy go soon? Also, ManU aren't particularly good. They won thanks to the refs again, but there we are. Anyhow, onwards and upwards! :rolleyes:
Clear penalty on Maguire for pulling down Tomy, I think he is managing scared he needs to pull the shackles off.

Mohamed7

We beat ourselves tonight. So, pissed off. Way, way more than Chelsea, Man City, and Liverpool.

1. Players that let us down:
Auba
, I really don’t know what happened to him, but he is not the same player since the FA Cup, in fact, since the contract. This season he has sunk new levels.
Ben White is nowhere near good enough. He’s very poor in one on ones, in the air, and marking. Other than decent distribution, I really don’t see why we signed him let alone pay for £50m!
I am giving up on Partely because he has had far too little good performances since we got him. He seems to be too inconsistent even during matches - There are periods where he’s breaking up plays, progressing the ball, and this is specially in the moments where the team is playing well. This shows he’s not the sorta of player who will drag you out in bad moments. That’s why having him next to Elneny, Xhaka, and raw Lokonko will get us no where. He needs quality attacking CM, and a DM. This will give him the freedom to play Box to Box just like he did in A Madrid.
Another is Oodegard. I never supported signing him and it was strange by Arteta to do it so. Because how similar he’s too Özil minus the bit of good workrate. He’s far too lightweight for EPL and does not have the ability to score goals, which unacceptable for number 10.

2. Arteta’s tactics: I can’t really see what he gained from his understudy time with Pep. He doesn’t let us play possession based football, but more towards structured football. He doesn’t let/coach the team for counter attacks and whatever the players knew from experience seems to have faded away due to his structured set up.

Furthermore, the constant need to abandon attack or control of the match as soon as we take a lead, regardless of the opposition and stage of the match, is mind-boggling.

The team is incapable of handing high pressure from the opposition players. At least last season, we kept passing back to the back five and unnecessarily keeping the ball in our half, however, we have now added making simple passing mistakes. This could largely be down to the quality of the players but he did sign most of the midfield or fought to keep them (i.e. Xhaka!), so he cannot really be excused on this.

3. On the match: I believe the quality of both teams was horrible specially the defenses. Counting the number of chances, the number of periods in the match dominated by both teams, I really feel draw was the fair result. But we missed our chances. This is why it is hard for me to accept the result.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I actually thought Elneny was ok in an Elneny sort of way lol. Not as good as his show at O/T last season though.
As for the other experienced players, I thought Partey & Auba were not near their best levels & that is what probably cost us the game.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
There has been quite a few seasons, I have seen Arsenal have a poor away record, but still get Champions League football.

2005/2006...seemed like we were always losing away, still got Top Four.

2013/2014...got slapped up by every big team on the road, still pretty easily made 4th.

We absolutely can still get 4th this season, we have a good team.

Difference being we don't have a good enough manager

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Yes we were better team for 90 minutes. We just gift them a win because of stupidity of manager in 1sh half and players at 2nd half. very frustrating.
Even better. I was scrambling the internet for a link. I even tried to sign up for Amazon Prime but my dumba$$ sister already used my email account for a trial. Anyways, I saw the lineup and I had a feeling Elneny would come in. Think I’m hurt most by Ronaldo scoring twice against us. Who played well and who didn’t?

Legend14

Established Member
Secrets out. I hate ManU more than Tottenham. This loss hurt.

ManU was there for the killing and for some reason we dropped all pressure after we scored a classic goal. It’s as if we wanted ManU to get back in the match and rectify their season. Why put so much pressure on our defense for such a long time?

This match was an opportunity missed.

Of note, Tamiyasu may be our best player. Heard it here first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom