• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang: Auba And Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Are they the same players he picked to be out there? Is 200m invested enough to say that this is his team now or do we need to invest 500 more?
Not about investing but senior players need to show more responsibility and leadership yesterday our senior players Partey and auba let us down and our youngsters who some not even 21 been the bright spot every time we play some leadership needed can't depend on saka ESR Martinelli and even Ødegaard who only 22 to be the leaders.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Think we will miss him more when he is gone! Dread seeing an Arteta team with a some of these target men linked... just dont get the excitement the twitter account buzzing with.

The attack is so flat now... give them a dynamic forward to work with. The kid Alvarez at River Plate with the 20m buyout needs to be priority if still in reach. 💯

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Exactly anyone who blames the manager for the defeat yesterday knows nothing about football.
We went to Old Trafford & had 55% of the ball and lots of good situations. Players have to take their responsibility.
How about blaming both? Don't think Arteta can not be blamed and the players after all are on the pitch. No, they all soiled the bed yesterday against a bang average ManU team. Arteta through his team selection and instructions and the team through their play.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
I know people complain about poor service, but I rarely see any moments where I think somebody isn't playing him, he doesn't make himself available much, like last night the final 20 minutes when we were around their box he'd be out of position standing on the left flank instead of making it so someone could play one-twos off him from the middle, and there was a moment (Unless I misremember) where Tavares got the ball on a counter-attack and I could tell he wanted to play it through to Auba but instead of making a run past the defense he ran sideways making himself unavailable, I don't understand what he's doing.
I can tell you what he's doing. He's practicing the japanese ninja ways. To hide in the shadows is his priority.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Yeah, looks like he doesn't want the ball and can't wait to get rid of it when he has it.

I can't really think of any excuses for him at this point, he's been playing poorly for too long, tends to do well pressing at the start of the game, but when we're attacking he goes missing a lot.

There no excuse for him he simply been not good for 1 year now and getting worse by missing chances he usually score from 2-3 yards out
We are beyond blaming poor team play or service. No team can carry a striker that has gone as stone cold as Auba when it comes to scoring and interplay. Even when he is totally free he fluffs his lines. Yesterday, although it got called offside and probably marginally was, he missed another sitter. No, he needs to sit from now on. Right now we are playing with one man down in attack. And I am saying this as one who actually rate him highly, but enough is enough. He has been given enough chances. Now the bench is the place for him. Period!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We are beyond blaming poor team play or service. No team can carry a striker that has gone as stone cold as Auba when it comes to scoring and interplay. Even when he is totally free he fluffs his lines. Yesterday, although it got called offside and probably marginally was, he missed another sitter. No, he needs to sit from now on. Right now we are playing with one man down in attack. And I am saying this as one who actually rate him highly, but enough is enough. He has been given enough chances. Now the bench is the place for him. Period!
He need few games on bench and get laca chance maybe he'll be more help the chances he getting people who blaming the system need to watch the Watford Newcastle and Manutd game again auba simply not moving and despite that the team create him chances to score and he should have got 4 goals in his name last 4 games if he simply just didn't embarrassingly missed from 3 yards . He not helping himself just like Kane no manager going to fix it

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Are they the same players he picked to be out there? Is 200m invested enough to say that this is his team now or do we need to invest 500 more?
We have invested in a young team.
Has he been allowed to buy a striker yet?
Players have good games & bad games.
Certain players simply did not perform at the level needed yesterday.
EVERYTHING IS NOT DOWN TO THE MANAGER.

Man U have spent way more btw & narrowly beat us at Old Trafford.

Forget the result for a second.
I thought in the main it was a decent performance away from home against a massive club who last season finished top 4

Sure it was really disappointing not to get something from the game.

Last edited:

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
How about blaming both? Don't think Arteta can not be blamed and the players after all are on the pitch. No, they all soiled the bed yesterday against a bang average ManU team. Arteta through his team selection and instructions and the team through their play.
Im not sure you can blame team selection tbf.
Its easy with hindsight after the game.
Perhaps he picked the wrong team yeah but you can say that pretty much every game?
He probably brought Elneny in to add a bit more experience away at Old Trafford.
Elneny did ok.
Auba & Partey (especially 1st half) the other 2 experienced players were imho not at the level needed.

OSBK

Established Member
Auba for me is our biggest problem but i will add that laca is certainly not the answer.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Think a real manager can get more out of him but the extension clearly was a mistake.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Auba is a player with a limited skillset who is as highly rated as he is because he's really good at two things: Finishing and making runs to get himself open to receive the ball.

Right now, both of those attributes aren't there. His finishing is off, both his power and placement are lacking. More worryingly, though, he doesn't work enough to make himself available anymore. He doesn't put pressure on the defense.

The pressure Martinelli puts on the defense is light and day compared to Auba.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Think he has hit a little mental wall/decline to be honest, but...

skysports-pierre-emerick-aubameyang_5603166.jpg

...his numbers aren't that far off, his elite form of 2018-2020...think he was overperforming for the team at that point, which we shouldn't forget.

Still feel he can do something big this season, don't rule out a "Last Dance" end of season for Auba.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
On the one side you have Partey, who is saying that he needs to get back to his best after the performance yesterday and on the other side you have our Captain, who is liking Instagram posts from Ronaldo after a defeat...

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

To be fair to Auba and Özil, it must be pretty hard to give a **** about football when you’re getting ~£300k a week to finish top 6 and know you’re absolutely not competing for any serious trophy.

mirrorstares

I comment on player threads out of inertia but yes, anyone who has worked for an incompetent boss should be able to sympathize with the underperforming players at some level.

Issue #1 is quite clear and has been for more than a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom