• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

OSBK

Established Member
There were moments during the game he showed class. His ball for martnelli for the Ødegaard goal wasnt even mentioned, it was a brilliant ball. There was a few times he broke away and left everyone for dead. But these moments were just that, it needs to be consistant and for long periods of the game.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

There were moments during the game he showed class. His ball for martnelli for the Ødegaard goal wasnt even mentioned, it was a brilliant ball. There was a few times he broke away and left everyone for dead. But these moments were just that, it needs to be consistant and for long periods of the game.

Everyone can be good in glimpses.

OSBK

Established Member
Everyone can be good in glimpses.

Thats true. If he can turn those glimpses into 60-70 mins per game then we have a serious player. Im not sure though, i think like Ødegaard this league is too much for him but time will tell.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Partey just not taking things seriously he been performing in great level for few seasons since his early 20's you can't be key part of A.Madrid team if you don't put good performance specially when your coach is so demanding like Simeone.

Partey need to look at himself because simply he just not preforming at his level maybe the fans criticism will wake him up

Bloodbather

Established Member

I must have watched an entirely different match than everyone else here because I thought Thomas was one of our better players out there. Really helped progress the ball and made some good runs with the ball in midfield.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He made some errors, but to me people here are blowing things out of proportion because of the disappointing result.

Agree with this, tbh.

He wasn't great, but he wasn't as bad as being made out...was still a little disappointing though, you can tell he isn't quite trying like he did at Atletico.

He has had plenty of quality matches this season alone though...Sp**s, Leicester, Villa... it's not like he has consistently been dropping stinkers.

Still our best CM, that is good enough to get us back to the Champions League.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

He made some errors, but to me people here are blowing things out of proportion because of the disappointing result.

We demand a lot from him. He is supposed to be elite but since he joined us he has been incredibly underwhelming.

mirrorstares

Not surprising people struggle with the fact that Elneny ended out comfortably outperforming him when some have spent more than a year struggling with the fact that Xhaka also does it.

Right now is between him and AMN on who is our worst senior midfielder, it is what it is.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Not surprising people struggle with the fact that Elneny ended out comfortably outperforming him when some have spent more than a year struggling with the fact that Xhaka also does it.

Right now is between him and AMN on who is our worst senior midfielder, it is what it is.
Elneny didn't outperform him. Elneny just doesn't take any risks with his game, so his errors aren't as glaring. Partey makes errors because he actually tries to do something. Elneny simply passes the ball to the next man, and that's it. He had a couple decent interventions, but so did Partey.

The problem with Partey is that we try to use him as the guy who creates things in midfield, when his strength is ball progression. Never going to have success playing him next to midfielders who aren't creative themselves.

As for him being in the conversation for our worst senior midfielder... Yeah that's just nonsense.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Poor Thomas is getting hammered and no doubt, his performances haven't been what many of us hoped. However, if you look at the best game all our midfielders have played, he's our best midfielder. We just haven't seen the best of him nearly enough. Nobody should use him underperforming as a way to elevate Xhaka. I can't think of a single match that Mr X would have changed in our favour. He's of to AFCON and it's possible that this guy is like Rooney and done at 29. I hope not and a break from artetaball may invigorate him. Let's pray for the fitness and development of Sambi and AMN. It's a bit disappointing so far

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Had that been such man that made that pass we wouldn't stop hearing about it.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
However, if you look at the best game all our midfielders have played, he's our best midfielder.
Was hoping after years of using this argument for Xhaka, we would be done with that sort of thinking. We need to compare our players to what's outside of Arsenal and compare Partey with the likes of Kovacic, Jorginho, and Gundogan, we end up being so far behind.

Wonder if we should copy what Liverpool does, if we can't get the best CM's, the club should at least make sure that the players we have can do the basics right and focus on dominating other areas.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Right now is between him and AMN on who is our worst senior midfielder, it is what it is
Elneny comfortably outperforming Partey???

What has become of this forum, its a shame tbh, it needs a purge style cleansing.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Was hoping after years of using this argument for Xhaka, we would be done with that sort of thinking. We need to compare our players to what's outside of Arsenal and compare Partey with the likes of Kovacic, Jorginho, and Gundogan, we end up being so far behind.

Wonder if we should copy what Liverpool does, if we can't get the best CM's, the club should at least make sure that the players we have can do the basics right and focus on dominating other areas.
I agree with you. The difference here is that we've seen Partey make a difference when fully fit and actually look like a player we need. If we can't get the best out of him, then move him on. The worry is the Arteta is failing to get the best out of a few players. It's just very disappointing atm but final assessment comes at the end of the season. Two years is enough time.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Elneny didn't outperform him. Elneny just doesn't take any risks with his game, so his errors aren't as glaring. Partey makes errors because he actually tries to do something. Elneny simply passes the ball to the next man, and that's it. He had a couple decent interventions, but so did Partey.

The problem with Partey is that we try to use him as the guy who creates things in midfield, when his strength is ball progression. Never going to have success playing him next to midfielders who aren't creative themselves.

As for him being in the conversation for our worst senior midfielder... Yeah that's just nonsense.
Agree with this. Partey has been disappointing so far but one thing I did agree with on Talksport (a rare event) was acknowledging players who don't take the easy option. Elneny is so safe it's akin to keeping your money under your bed. Stat padding plodders are the rage but it's them who have taken us backwards.

Gunners1616

Put aside his disappointing performances, i was really not expecting such lack of charisma from Partey... I don't see any type of leadership with him. You never see him showing emotions, getting angry at anyone or even at the refs. He is always quiet and nice. He doesn't even make hard fouls or tactical fouls. Just a nice guy.

I really tough he would make a difference in that aspect but i was terribly mistaken. He's just one more player who puts his head down when we are getting battered.

We clearly miss Xhaka's leadership (not his stupid fouls though).

At some point we will really have to address the midfield and the attack with serious and proven good players with some character.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲

How did El Neny outperform him when both goals are going through El Neny's space? Fred running into our 16 without pressure meanwhile El Neny is standing in front of our 3 defenders covering 2 of UTD's attackers. Not having this bs

Latest posts+

Top Bottom