• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Seems likely he's at least a better goalscorer given he's already matched Giroud's best league haul. He seems to be much more pacey and athletic if we're comparing him to Giroud. Lack of pace being one of Giroud's key weaknesses.

There seems to be a snobbyness about target men because of our history. The days of us attracting this generation's Henry or RVP seem very unlikely in our current state. In our current state many of our chances come from crosses and set pieces. It makes sense to buy one of the best headerers (if that's a word) in the game given where we are right now.
We should aim for skilful attackers instead of target limited players. The goal of the club should be to increase the technical level of the team, not accept we can never compete with big teams in ability m. So let’s just get big guys and lump it up. Players like Jota when he played for Wolves is what we should look at. Hell even Adana Traore with better players around him would be an asset

Another profile of player we should look at is Romain Faivre at Brest. Really talented attacking midfielder

tcahill

Honestly I'm inclined to trust Arteta/Edu after the most recent window, if they think DCL is a good fit for our system then go for it. Same as with White, there are definitely cheaper options elsewhere, but also the risk factor of moving from a different league is eliminated.

Vlahovic is my first choice though.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We should focus on getting a CM first

and by CM I mean "Competent Manager"
The new thing in Uk media is a manager don’t matter. The players should do it on their own. If you follow the sh1t Man U players been getting about how they let Ole down instead of how their club let them down by giving them Ole and said go and compete with Klopp and Pep

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
his injury record is the biggest negative for me, cant pay top $$$ and let him be out for 2-3 months every other season

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Could be a serious option as he's English and Arsenal new policy is buying English internationals

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Not to be simplistic but Vlahovic has 43 goals in 100 série A games, DCL has 56 in 176 PL games. If you’re gonna get a big man, get the one with a better record.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not to be simplistic but Vlahovic has 43 goals in 100 série A games, DCL has 56 in 176 PL games. If you’re gonna get a big man, get the one with a better record.
I wonder how that comparison would stand if you take out penalty goals from the equation, since a large portion of Vlahovic's have come from the spot

tcahill

Looking at pure stats does help, but even simplified I think more context is needed.

-Vlahovic only had his breakout season recently.
-Vlahovic is 3 years younger.
-Vlahovic takes pens (not sure if DCL does or not).
-DCL has been a part of a decent Everton side, while Fiorentina fans say Vlahovic has been carrying their garbage side for ages.
-DCL can score in the premier league, plenty of serie A players have struggled in the PL.

Honestly would be happy with either, assuming they'd be a similar price, DCL would be more of a 'safe' signing while Vlahovic I think is higher risk/reward.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Honestly I'm inclined to trust Arteta/Edu after the most recent window, if they think DCL is a good fit for our system then go for it. Same as with White, there are definitely cheaper options elsewhere, but also the risk factor of moving from a different league is eliminated.

Vlahovic is my first choice though.
Vlahovic is not coming here.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
I really like DCL but i have doubt with two reasons: his injuries and i want to sign him in the winter not in the summer.
We have to sign a CDM and a ST in the winter. but who is available ?

GDeep™

League is very weak
I really like DCL but i have doubt with two reasons: his injuries and i want to sign him in the winter not in the summer.
We have to sign a CDM and a ST in the winter. but who is available ?
We aren’t signing anyone in the winter. Players normally aren’t available, and if they are, they’ll cost way too much.

Everton will ask for 80-100M for DCL in January. For me he’s a 40-50M player.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We aren’t signing anyone in the winter. Players normally aren’t available, and if they are, they’ll cost way too much.

Everton will ask for 80-100M for DCL in January. For me he’s a 40-50M player.
They’ll want £100m after selling Richarlison. Heard from a source on here that we want Kalvin Phillips as well but Leeds want £60m minimum.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
They’ll want £100m after selling Richarlison. Heard from a source on here that we want Kalvin Phillips as well but Leeds want £60m minimum.
I think if these are the players Arteta and Edu want. They will pay. We can look at Ben White and Ramsdale.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I’d take the Yorkshire Elneny to be honest, need somebody in there with Partey looking so bad.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom