• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Remember the last few months of LvG's reign at United, their fanbase as a collective decided Mourinho was going to be the next manager so their board had no choice but to go with it. Yeah, we need to do the same but with Potter.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Remember the last few months of LvG's reign at United, their fanbase as a collective decided Mourinho was going to be the next manager so their board had no choice but to go with it. Yeah, we need to do the same but with Potter.

Rather go for Hasenhuttl in the Premier League.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Rather go for Hasenhuttl in the Premier League.

I would've agreed a while ago but Southampton are massively struggling now, I mean their squad isn't great but I've not been impressed by them for a long while. I think Potter is the real deal.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
With Conte off the table I think you have to have Potter next up on the list.

Getting a tune out of some very average players at Brighton, really punching above their weight.

I don't expect us to spend as much every summer so getting someone who can maximise the potential of what he's got to work with should be our first priority when the time comes. The big risk obviously is when that time comes we are already too late.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The philosophy is all wrong. Overmars with Ten Haag if we want a long term project. Mancini mid season if Italy don't qualify for the WC?

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Would our board sack Mikel if he finished below fifth? He's been given plenty of resources and has been here for a while.

Ten Hag has had great years at Ajax but could look for another adventure after this year. He's been smashing the likes of Dortmund with players we would turn our nose up for, like Davy Klaassen and Daley Blind.

Malky

Established Member
Would our board sack Mikel if he finished below fifth? He's been given plenty of resources and has been here for a while.

Ten Hag has had great years at Ajax but could look for another adventure after this year. He's been smashing the likes of Dortmund with players we would turn our nose up for, like Davy Klaassen and Daley Blind.
Nope.
Ornstein has already said the club objective is to finish " 8th or higher " ideally they want a European finish, but I doubt Arteta gets sacked if we miss out on the Europa conference league. :facepalm:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

The Ten Hag, Overmars combination would be great, although I would be sad if we missed out on Potter.

But one thing Im quietly confident of, and that is the club wont continue to spend money without seeing the necessary returns.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
The Ten Hag, Overmars combination would be great, although I would be sad if we missed out on Potter.

But one thing Im quietly confident of, and that is the club wont continue to spend money without seeing the necessary returns.

I don't know Potter enough, so can't be sure. I do know that I'm really impressed with Ten Hag, and I'm not the only one.

- After being an assistent-coach at FC Twente and PSV in the Eredivisie, he's been coach of Go Ahead Eagles in the Netherlands in 2012-2013, where they promoted to the Eredivisie for the first time in 17 years. His assistant at the time, Dennis Demmers, has said about Ten Hag that he created a 'top sport mentality', by demanding maximum effort from himself and his players. 'Erik was the first one at the club in the morning and the last one to leave. In the bus home after an away match he was already busy preparing the next game. Because of his approach he created an atmosphere where the players trained longer than they had to, because they felt like hey were going somewhere.'
- After that he left for Bayern Munich II, where he worked with Pep and finished 1st in the Regionalliga and 5th the year after, which was considered an outstanding performance given how many players had left / been promoted.
- He was offered the job of FC Utrecht in the Eredivisie after that. In his first season he finished 5th (11th the year before) and got to the final of the Cup, which they lost to Feyenoord 2-1. He was awarded the Rinus Michels award for the best manager in the Eredivisie. The following year, FC Utrecht finished 4th and qualified for Europe.
- He left FC Utrecht in January 2018 for Ajax. In his first full season he got 'that' Ajax to the semi-finals of the Champions League. That's his first full year for the record, where he beat much stronger sides (on paper) with excellent football, such as Real Madrid and Juventus. In his first 100 games at Ajax he's currently holding the Eredivisie record for getting 2.43 points on average.

We can't keep sticking to assistant managers and giving them this much trust. Our team has had an overhaul and our play it's still not very good. Ten Hag has had to sell almost all of his stars and can still go to big clubs, play his own game and get results.

Ellamamama

Wenger in to finish off the season? After though I have no idea. If we're competing with United for Ten Hag I don't see how we'd be first choice.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Still really hope Arsène doesn't go to PSG.

Top Bottom