• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Bring Ten Hag & Marky Overmars home next summer. It makes perfect sense in every conceivable way.
This is a duo I'd give time for a "project". With these two you know it'll work out eventually.
What we see right now is a cure to insomnia. Watch 30 minutes and you're off.

Fvck my life I'm still shook

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The philosophy is all wrong. Overmars with Ten Haag if we want a long term project. Mancini mid season if Italy don't qualify for the WC?

Agree with the thinking that it would be probably smart to go for either Ten Hag or Potter this summer, before they are snapped up by other clubs.

If Arteta is dismissed during this season, then Lucien Favre should be the man to take us to the end of the season. If we cut early enough, say nine points or less off 4th, then we have a chance.

There is one big statistic, the biggest of them all, that is keeping Arteta here and that is the points. Lose that and he is not going to go far.

Makavelii

Can we just get a real high performance manager like Ten Hag already?

Mikel isn’t awful. But he’s a mid table level coach. He doesn’t match our ambition as a big club.

He’s not new anymore and can’t keep using that excuse. We’ve put up with his mid table level for 2 years now.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Can we just get a real high performance manager like Ten Hag already?

Mikel isn’t awful. But he’s a mid table level coach. He doesn’t match our ambition as a big club.

He’s not new anymore and can’t keep using that excuse. We’ve put up with his mid table level for 2 years now.
Agree! I would be super happy with Ten Hag. He makes beautiful, offensive yet effective football. Dominating Dortmund the way they did over 2 matches is not that easy.

My second option would be Potter.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I'm loving this. I remember we got to a stage like this last year and I started watching interviews with Tuchel when he was a free agent. :p

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Speaking to de Volkskrant, Ten Hag said: "I think I'm ready for it [to move to a top foreign club]. I would be happy to take up that challenge.

"But I'm not chasing it. If it turns out that that step will never come, I will not say that my coaching career has failed. But I think I have sufficient competences to take on that challenge."

Ten Hag has won 139 of his 188 games in charge of the Amsterdam giants, who sit one point clear of Feyenoord at the top of the Eredivisie table.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Speaking to de Volkskrant, Ten Hag said: "I think I'm ready for it [to move to a top foreign club]. I would be happy to take up that challenge.

"But I'm not chasing it. If it turns out that that step will never come, I will not say that my coaching career has failed. But I think I have sufficient competences to take on that challenge."

Ten Hag has won 139 of his 188 games in charge of the Amsterdam giants, who sit one point clear of Feyenoord at the top of the Eredivisie table.

I see United and some other fans are laughing at us online, saying who would step down to Arsenal.

Should be even more motivation to get the job done I reckon. Can you imagine the shock and horror if we were to bring in Ten Hag and Overmars at the end of the season.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Agree with the thinking that it would be probably smart to go for either Ten Hag or Potter this summer, before they are snapped up by other clubs.

If Arteta is dismissed during this season, then Lucien Favre should be the man to take us to the end of the season. If we cut early enough, say nine points or less off 4th, then we have a chance.

There is one big statistic, the biggest of them all, that is keeping Arteta here and that is the points. Lose that and he is not going to go far.
I here you about the points but even that is shaky. You look at the fixtures and the dropped points vs Brentford, Palace and Everton for example and the awful performances and 1/9 points will eventually catch us up because this pattern will be repeated. 20 goals shipped in the first 3 games and the last 3 games with only 4 scored from barely a shot on target.....

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
The list:
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær - Won Norwegian league twice with Molde & finished PL top 4 in 2 consecutive seasons.
  • Lucien Favre - Won DFL Cup with Dortmund and plays attacking minded football.
  • Nuno Espírito Santo - Won EFL Championship with Wolves.
  • Ernesto Valverde - Won La Liga twice with Barcelona.
  • Michael Carrick - Unbeaten Man United managerial record.
  • Julen Lopetegui - Won Europa League with Sevilla by beating Conte (Sp**s manager) in final and currently challenging la liga.
  • Patrick Viera - Legend of the club.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Long term projects are a myth now in football. The plan at Arsenal should be keep adding quality U23 players, hire managers that play exciting attacking football and deliver results. If they fail, sack them and bring someone new in.
Spot on. Not many managers out there can maintain consistency on long term. Eventually, players could get burnt out or sick of the same manager’s managerial style or other teams could finally figure out how to deal with the opposition manager if that manager keeps using the same system every season.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The list:
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær - Won Norwegian league twice with Molde & finished PL top 4 in 2 consecutive seasons.
  • Lucien Favre - Won DFL Cup with Dortmund and plays attacking minded football.
  • Nuno Espírito Santo - Won EFL Championship with Wolves.
  • Ernesto Valverde - Won La Liga twice with Barcelona.
  • Michael Carrick - Unbeaten Man United managerial record.
  • Julen Lopetegui - Won Europa League with Sevilla by beating Conte (Sp**s manager) in final and currently challenging la liga.
  • Patrick Viera - Legend of the club.

Amazing how you’re piping up after two scrappy wins.

Need to get your sh*t rearranged by an actual quality side like City or Liverpool.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

But seriously though, there are some good realistic candidates on that list.

Honestly amazed how you’re so calm after conceding 11 goals to Watford, City and Liverpool and have hired a guy who’s only had a 50% win ratio in the top flight once.

You’ve got an easy run now but your end of season looking long. Big time cheek clapping for Ralf Hodgson.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Honestly amazed how you’re so calm after conceding 11 goals to Watford, City and Liverpool and have hired a guy who’s only had a 50% win ratio in the top flight once.

You’ve got an easy run now but your end of season looking long. Big time cheek clapping for Ralf Hodgson.

I’m so calm now because being panic is not good for your health. Chill and try to enjoy the season. ;)

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Amazing how you’re piping up after two scrappy wins.

Need to get your sh*t rearranged by an actual quality side like City or Liverpool.

The funniest thing is seeing Utd fans gassed over an interim manager.

I remember at the start of the season, they were expecting to challenge for the PL with Varane and Ronaldo but now they’re content with the top 4 trophy 🤣

We’re both dusted clubs but at least some of us have accepted it.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I don't know Potter enough, so can't be sure. I do know that I'm really impressed with Ten Hag, and I'm not the only one.

- After being an assistent-coach at FC Twente and PSV in the Eredivisie, he's been coach of Go Ahead Eagles in the Netherlands in 2012-2013, where they promoted to the Eredivisie for the first time in 17 years. His assistant at the time, Dennis Demmers, has said about Ten Hag that he created a 'top sport mentality', by demanding maximum effort from himself and his players. 'Erik was the first one at the club in the morning and the last one to leave. In the bus home after an away match he was already busy preparing the next game. Because of his approach he created an atmosphere where the players trained longer than they had to, because they felt like hey were going somewhere.'
- After that he left for Bayern Munich II, where he worked with Pep and finished 1st in the Regionalliga and 5th the year after, which was considered an outstanding performance given how many players had left / been promoted.
- He was offered the job of FC Utrecht in the Eredivisie after that. In his first season he finished 5th (11th the year before) and got to the final of the Cup, which they lost to Feyenoord 2-1. He was awarded the Rinus Michels award for the best manager in the Eredivisie. The following year, FC Utrecht finished 4th and qualified for Europe.
- He left FC Utrecht in January 2018 for Ajax. In his first full season he got 'that' Ajax to the semi-finals of the Champions League. That's his first full year for the record, where he beat much stronger sides (on paper) with excellent football, such as Real Madrid and Juventus. In his first 100 games at Ajax he's currently holding the Eredivisie record for getting 2.43 points on average.

We can't keep sticking to assistant managers and giving them this much trust. Our team has had an overhaul and our play it's still not very good. Ten Hag has had to sell almost all of his stars and can still go to big clubs, play his own game and get results.
This is an excellent post, thanks for the background on Ten Hag

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

How much is Potter on at Brighton? How long is his deal?

If you can persuade him, surely it makes financial sense to use some of the summer budget to sack Teta and bring him in? He’d have this team top four.

Top Bottom