• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Everton 2-1 Arsenal | Monday 6th December | KO: 20:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_everton-arsenal.png

That was a very poor performance against the worst united team since LVG. Truly horrible. I'd take a thrashing from Liverpool or city over that that performance any day of the week. We seemed to drop 20 yards back after scoring each of our goals.

Everton are in poor form currently. Evertonians wants Rafa's head on a pike. Should be winning this easily but I think we'll take an early lead and the rise out the storm the rest of the game similar to the Leicester game.

Everton has been dire. I don't want to see that trademark cautious football. Let's go for the jugular.

Screenshot-20211203-110509.png

Screenshot-20211203-110529.png

Screenshot-20211203-110553.png

Screenshot-20211203-110657.png

Think Arteta will have to drop Auba. It's just criminal man management to continue playing him and letting take all the flak. This was one of wenger's best strength. He was extremely good at taking out his players from the firing line and taking the bullet for them.

Push Martinelli forward and play Laca behind him. But I don't think that would happen.
Screenshot-20211203-111752.png

Think Lokonga will take his place beside Partey in midfield or we might see Tierney back for this.

Prediction: A drab, boring win

Everton 0-1 Arsenal

Last edited by a moderator:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I thought it would be an easy win, overestimated our team didn't I, we are back to our level though I guess, 7th.
I personally think I overestimated Arteta. These two losses have to be on him. At one point we have to stop blaming the players and blame the manager. He just cannot get the team to play well going forward and now we have started to leak goals on top of everything. We have shipped 5 goals in two away matches. Hard to win matches then as we aren't exactly free scoring.

Gunnerineverylife

I personally think I overestimated Arteta. These two losses have to be on him. At one point we have to stop blaming the players and blame the manager. He just cannot get the team to play well going forward and now we have started to leak goals on top of everything. We have shipped 5 goals in two away matches. Hard to win matches then as we aren't exactly free scoring.
I think this pattern will repeat as long as he is the manager, he tends to apply handbrakes too much, one goal lead and *screech* never had this problem with wenger, or even emery. Perhaps he will learn with time, but we won't become a top club anytime soon at this rate.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Results like last night and Man Utd just felt inevitable, we were never going to continue playing poorly and keep picking up points.

The club is on pause until Mikel gets the push as far as I am concerned, we will never progress under his leadership.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
We are just a very limited team. We are still expected to dominate games because of who we are but my god we lack quality.

Bring back Hleb, Rosicky and Fabregas days where nobody could get the ball of us!
‘Sicky made Özil seem healthy and Hleb was a world class dribbler who couldn’t shoot. Hleb also deliberately got sent off in his final game for Arsenal.

So, with regret, I’m out.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I think this pattern will repeat as long as he is the manager, he tends to apply handbrakes too much, one goal lead and *screech* never had this problem with wenger, or even emery. Perhaps he will learn with time, but we won't become a top club anytime soon at this rate.
Big problem I have is he seems to be wanting in both tactical / in-game management and man management. Examples:

- Pepe who has some goals in him cannot get a sniff at playing right now, while Eddie who is leaving in the summer and cannot score, gets minutes.
- He plays Xhaka for 90 minutes while he is totally out of gas. Guy is slow to start, but at the end he could hardly produce a jog. Still Arteta doesn't take him off.
- Our tactics don't allow us to get the ball into good positions to score consistently. Our strikers are totally starved of service or just out of position when the ball finally arrives in the box because they get pulled away for whatever tactical reason.

vantoure

You just know as poor as that performance was, if we had managed to hold on due to Everton's inabilities or the lucky VAR breaks, the Artetasexuals would have made the whole world about it.

And this is where statistics (imperfect as it may be) is important. Statistics before or even after our goal showed Everton was the better team. We may get away with being 2nd best and fluking a win now and then, but long term, it'll catch up. It caught up with Emery on that 22 unbeatean streak, it always catches up.

Fix the underlying issues, and even when you don't win, it'll be clear there's a process.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

@freeglennhelder2

Mate, I cannot remember when I have seen on pitch such a good forward as Richarlison last night. I think to be a good footballer it also takes some will and passion for the win. I have seen that on him last night. Everton was there to win.

Arsenal forwards is countless how many times they lost the ball. Just one of the negatives. Go and blame it on Arteta now.

vantoure

I say this cautiously, but "welcome to the light". :lol:

It's cautious because all it takes is a few lucky wins or come-back draws to start to wonder if he is the MAN again

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The Everton consensus is Ben Godfreys crunching tackles raised the crowd which in turn raised the team. He should have been off the pitch, but that’s no excuse. This was one of our worst performances in years.
Knew they weren't going to give a red for that stamp on Tomiyasu because in slow mo Godfrey is looking away when his foot comes down on the face. It was either clever or a genuine accident but in real time it looked very deliberate.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I personally think you also underestimated Wenger, but your friends are here to try and put you on the straight and narrow. ;)

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I say this cautiously, but "welcome to the light". :lol:

It's cautious because all it takes is a few lucky wins or come-back draws to start to wonder if he is the MAN again
I make no promises! ;) I am quite fickle and good results for Arsenal make me forget and forgive a lot.

Problem is I just cannot see us play well and get results over a prolonged period under Arteta given how he manages across the board. Look at how we have played over the last 4 gams. He just drains confidence out of the squad. Don't think the player is born that can play his tactical "system" and make it produce good results. The fact that young players like Saka and ESR have been able to produce under him is more a testament to them and their quality than to Arteta.

vantoure

I make no promises! ;) I am quite fickle and good results for Arsenal make me forget and forgive a lot.

Problem is I just cannot see us play well and get results over a prolonged period under Arteta given how he manages across the board. Look at how we have played over the last 4 gams. He just drains confidence out of the squad. Don't think the player is born that can play his tactical "system" and make it produce good results. The fact that young players like Saka and ESR have been able to produce under him is more a testament to them and their quality than to Arteta.
You know what really amazes me, the apparent support and trust the players have in him even with his terrible tactics and boring football. Even auba that has a bad boy reputation and has copped a lot of flak under arteta works his socks off for the team.

The guy is a true cult leader

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
@freeglennhelder2

Mate, I cannot remember when I have seen on pitch such a good forward as Richarlison last night. I think to be a good footballer it also takes some will and passion for the win. I have seen that on him last night. Everton was there to win.

Arsenal forwards is countless how many times they lost the ball. Just one of the negatives. Go and blame it on Arteta now.

Our attacking play has been astonishingly bad all season.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Knew they weren't going to give a red for that stamp on Tomiyasu because in slow mo Godfrey is looking away when his foot comes down on the face. It was either clever or a genuine accident but in real time it looked very deliberate.
It was deliberate. If you look at the incident you see that he has a quick look at Tomi. Plus there is more than enough peripheral vision so that he knows where his foot is landing. He was in control of his body and chose to stamp Tomi in the face.

No way VAR and Mike Dean were going to give that though. It was one where there is judgement involved and that's when their bias comes in. Godfrey should have been sent of there or at least have received a yellow, but nothing. Instead he is allowed to continue as is and can then pick up a yellow for his studs first challenge on Saka.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

You know what really amazes me, the apparent support and trust the players have in him even with his terrible tactics and boring football. Even auba that has a bad boy reputation and has copped a lot of flak under arteta works his socks off for the team.

The guy is a true cult leader
This is one of the things I have been impressed by. The team seems to be behind him for whatever reason and up until now the mood seems to have been good. But that can change again if we go on a prolonged losing run. At one point the players will turn if they feel he cannot set them up correctly.

Maybe it is as simple as that if you train really hard and stay positive you get your chances regardless of how much **** you are. Think players respond positively to that as a group. Makes everyone feel they have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom