• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

You think Arteta wants to spam crosses all game long? It's a by product of how teams set up to defend against us and a lack of individual quality to force opposition defenders to lose their shape. He would love the option of a DCL to keep defenders honest when they do play deep and we can't break them down and have to resort to crossing the ball but it certainly isn't the way we want to play.

Not to say we couldn't be doing things better from a coaching perspective but when your number 9 (Aubamayeng) is scared of the ball and can't do anything with it and the other options are talented but inexperienced kids who get caught thinking they have more time then they do, the attack is going to lack fluency. Partey is also a massive issue at the moment with his sloppiness on the ball in midfield.
Yes, but a managers job by definition is to manage the players he has and get the best out of them. I manage people and I doubt I could tell my manager that my team is not good enough and therefore I cannot achieve what my team and I should. Sure, I might get some milage out of that, but he would also, and correctly, question my ability to manage my team.

I am sure Arteta has another picture in his head of how the team should play, but that fact doesn't absolve him of anything. It his ****ing job to make them play well! If they do not it must be on him. Who else is supposed to take the blame? And since they all seem to try their hardest we cannot fault the players in particular, other than saying they should be better, but that really is besides the point.

Take ****ing Xhaka. I hate him as a player, but it is ****ing Arteta that keeps playing that dross! That isn't Xhaka making that decision. It isn't Xhaka that doesn't pull him off yesterday when he could hardly jog anymore. That is Arteta doing that!

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I mean look at these attacking stats, this is not numbers we've seen previously. And yes the underlying numbers matters, especially when the eye test tells you the same story(even worse tbh).
Absolute poverty, im sorry but the board need to look at this and act. It's shocking tbh, 150m spent this summer for the same outcome.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Last two games? Last two years more like. A fluke cup win didn't hoodwink me for long
I just don't want to try to pick the bones of last season. I am depressed as it is! I really do not need to go through all the **** results and poor play we had last season on top of e.g. yesterday's defeat!

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Tbh I really wouldn't be surprised now if this makes his time at the club to a very low point, this loss might make Josh Kroenke wake up to himself & realise where we are at compared to all our rivals. Just fingers crossed, 🤞thats all we can do I guess.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Tbh I really wouldn't be surprised now if this makes his time at the club to a very low point, this loss might make Josh Kroenke wake up to himself & realise where we are at compared to all our rivals. Just fingers crossed, 🤞thats all we can do I guess.

Josh doesnt know anything about football.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Last season, pro-Arteta people kept saying "he needs to get his own players". I didn't see anything that justified him being given that opportunity. Now that he's signed a couple of players and built what seems like a Top 5 team on paper, people are saying "the squad is young, he needs time during this transitional development period". I don't see anything that justifies him being given that opportunity.

You have to show something in order to be given opportunities of the sort at Arsenal FC. If you look like a mid-table team with this squad, you don't deserve the opportunity to take it to the next level.

Chelsea gave Lampard a chance to prove himself as being worthy of that patience, and let him go when they saw that he was an underachiever who didn't deserve the opportunity to grow with the team. We should've done the same. Arteta isn't even a club legend the way Lampard is.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Now that he's signed a couple of players and built what seems like a Top 5 team on paper, people are saying "the squad is young, he needs time during this transitional development period". I don't see anything that justifies him being given that opportunity.
He has spent over 200m and completely wasted all the investments Raul made (Pepe, Douzi, Torreira, and Saliba). He looks like the type of manager who would spend over 500m and still underperform, something big brains at United were doing post Ferguson era

Malky

Established Member
I will not rewatch the game but Pickford didnt do a single difficult save, right
Nope. Apart from pick the ball out the net from our goal he had nothing to do the full game. That's how bad we were - Everton who hadn't won in 8, conceding goals for fun, and we didn't even trouble their keeper.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Love it when Arteta loses games like this. This guy is pure ****.

He’s exposing himself, just doing all this stupid stuff with the squad and subs, think AMN hasn’t played a minute since he got MOTM etc. It’s all just off and you can only put it down to inexperience.

Just **** off, take Edu with you now. No point holding back and being balanced, it’s clear we’ve got frauds in charge.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Still some deluded fans on the clubs fb page saying he needs more cash 🤣. That maybe true but no thank you, id rather trust my 3 year old ffs.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
1-0 up and we decide to run the clock down with 30 minutes still to play. Unacceptable. You expect that from relegation candidates not clubs like us.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Arteta favors possession football, but is simply too obsessed with keeping the shape and not taking risks defensively to make it work offensively. We have a defensive RB and a double pivot where neither player is offensively capable. The only way this makes sense is if you have world class attackers who don't defend whatsoever, like Messi or Neymar, so you have to compensate somehow. This clearly isn't the case with us, so it's utterly senseless.

We don't have the quality, so you have to go for quantity. You want to field as many creatively capable players out there as you can. Play a single pivot with Partey and Ødegaard and Smith Rowe as CMs. Get Pépé out there on the wing. Let them roam more freely and change positions when required. If you want to score goals playing possession football, you have to let your attackers play more fluidly. They have to not only pass the ball around but move around. They have to progress in attack by doing so. You aren't going to do it with a double pivot from two of Partey, Xhaka, Lokonga and Elneny. You aren't going to do it in a 4-4-1-1 with ESR and Saka on the wings, Ødegaard or Laca as the second striker/attacking mid and Auba up front.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Love it when Arteta loses games like this. This guy is pure ****.

He’s exposing himself, just doing all this stupid stuff with the squad and subs, think AMN hasn’t played a minute since he got MOTM etc. It’s all just off and you can only put it down to inexperience.

Just **** off, take Edu with you now. No point holding back and being balanced, it’s clear we’ve got frauds in charge.
Yeah, that’s weird about AMN, he had a good game. It was similar after his first season. 2 players that probably most helped him get that good end to the campaign and win the FA cup was Pepe and Emi. Then he immediately sold one and bought Willian to replace the other. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom