• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Who was it? De Bruyne is the only one comparable, if you take primes into consideration.

If Özil had continued in Madrid or joined City instead of Arsenal, I guarantee you that there would be no doubt. One of my favourite players ever, could create chances without even touching the ball.

David Silva is another example.

ThePortugueseGunner

De Bruyne isn’t in the same league as Özil.
Two great players with brilliant ability. One made better career decisions than the other, by far, which led him to more trophies and enabled him to reach higher individual accolades.

It's funny though, to see that even though KdB has way more trophies because he plays in one of the greatest teams of this era, he hasn't been able to achieve the maximum feat a player can - the World Cup - which Özil won in 2014.

What you end up winning depends a lot on what teams you play for. I honestly believe that if Özil played for City under Guardiola, or stayed in Madrid getting free assists to Cristiano, he would be looked at differently.

David Silva is another example.
I respectfuly disagree. 🤝

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Who was it? De Bruyne is the only one comparable, if you take primes into consideration.

If Özil had continued in Madrid or joined City instead of Arsenal, I guarantee you that there would be no doubt. One of my favourite players ever, could create chances without even touching the ball.
I was about to say had Özil not joined Arsenal we wouldn't be talking about him like this I think :lol:

He was legit the best #10 on earth at one stage, something KDB and Silva have never been at any point.

I'm a KDB fan as well btw, I don't even think he's sh*t like AM does, but yeah there's levels.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I couldn’t watch the match. I was out getting half mangled. Defeat is the best tonic!

Rumours were circulating on here last night that you put your one bedroom flat on Auba to score in the second half.

Liam_Og

Good goal and you can see the thought process. He's just not on it enough and isn't that Cesc creator that I think we need. I'm glad he's adding goals. We just need to find away to play him, ESR,Saka and Martinelli together effectively

Not really a fair comparison.

Cesc was class, but he was playing behind a prime TH14. I’d have got 10 assists a year playing in a side with him.

Football was different then, there was little talk of press, let alone ‘high intensity press’ biggest thing pundits used to debate back then was man-to-man or zonal marking, the pace of the game has changed immensely in 15 years. Give any type of ‘No. 10’ time on the ball and he’ll be more effective.

skience3

Cesc was class, but he was playing behind a prime TH14. I’d have got 10 assists a year playing in a side with him.

Football was different then, there was little talk of press, let alone ‘high intensity press’ biggest thing pundits used to debate back then was man-to-man or zonal marking, the pace of the game has changed immensely in 15 years. Give any type of ‘No. 10’ time on the ball and he’ll be more effective.
Not sure what you're on about here. Fabregas' best years were undoubtedly after Henry left and he was often carrying the team. It isn't reasonable to expect Ødegaard to be on that level but we need his general performances to be much better than they have been.

Liam_Og

Not sure what you're on about here. Fabregas' best years were undoubtedly after Henry left and he was often carrying the team. It isn't reasonable to expect Ødegaard to be on that level but we need his general performances to be much better than they have been.
Cesc broke through while playing with Henry.

After that he played with forwards that were the top of their trade, again RVP, he was unplayable for a couple of seasons with cesc behind him.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

What I mean is that Cesc used to pull splitting passes out of the hat. A whole variety of passes and runs. Ode needs to demand the ball a bit more and then at least try not to take the easy option every time. He's a bit too peripheral

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Started badly but was very good after sometime.. 3 in a row. Finally some other goal source.

Top Bottom