• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

GDeep™

League is very weak

PSG might get an influx of Arsenal fans in their stadium
Wow, Wenger as DoF and Zidane as manager.
This is exactly the sort of "Out of Box" thinking that the club needs. The Hawk makes an excellent case I think. I mean how many of our past managers have got theme songs?!*

* I would actually love it if the club went for Emma Hayes as our next manager. What a statement. Also very keeping with Arsenal's policy of poaching from Chelski.
Emma Hayes hahahahahahahahahahahahah.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If I was DoF I’d ring Zidane up and give him whatever he wants.

I mean literally anything. Own private jet, giant penthouse and a wrapped lambo like Auba’s.

I like Potter but the guy hasn’t got big **** energy like Zidane. Need a name.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

This is exactly the sort of "Out of Box" thinking that the club needs. The Hawk makes an excellent case I think. I mean how many of our past managers have got theme songs?!*

* I would actually love it if the club went for Emma Hayes as our next manager. What a statement. Also very keeping with Arsenal's policy of poaching from Chelski.

In my head, Wenger was always strutting out to Sade's "Smooth Operator".

Naturally, that was in the early years, once we moved to the Emirates, I revisited the issue & found that song by Citizen King "Better Days" was more apt for the time :lol:

Bloodbather

Established Member

Ten Haag, Bielsa, Potter... all sound fine to me at this point.

I was starting to get on the Arteta train after our good run but these past four games have killed it. Horrid football and utterly baffling in-game management decisions.
Potter is the one for me. Bright, attacking-minded manager, no adaptation issues, will want to prove himself at a higher level. Recently gave a reality check to Brighton fans who booed the team for drawing against Leeds, too. I reckon we could poach him.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
What has Emma Hayes ever done? Only because she’s a female you guys are getting all giddy.
This is a massively sexist thing to say, makes you look like a bit of a **** imo. It's completely the opposite in actual fact, the reason that you are posting like a 10 year old is because she's a woman. She's won 10 major (ladies) titles. It's completely valid to question whether that experience can be transferred over to the men's game. But what's so funny about the idea eh?

GDeep™

League is very weak
This is a massively sexist thing to say, makes you look like a bit of a **** imo. It's completely the opposite in actual fact, the reason that you are posting like a 10 year old is because she's a woman. She's won 10 major (ladies) titles. It's completely valid to question whether that experience can be transferred over to the men's game. But what's so funny about the idea eh?
Not sexist at all, she’s operating at a such a low level, that’s all. If anything, it seems you’re the one who wants her here to make some sort of point , or “statement”, as you put it.

How would it be a statement other than us just appointing a women, it’s not a statement on football terms.

Bloodbather

Established Member

There's not that many really exciting managers out there and available in my opinion. Ten Hag stands out. Maybe Potter but for all the xG / style of play theories, his Premier League record is pretty poor so you're still gambling. Poch or Zidane if they were available to us would be great (but they're not). Gallardo as a wild card option maybe.
To say Potter's PL record is poor without taking into context the squad that he is working with is unfair. Brighton would've been relegated long ago had they not had such a good manager in charge.

Barry

Not sexist at all, she’s operating at a such a low level, that’s all. If anything, it seems you’re the one who wants her here to make some sort of point , or “statement”, as you put it.

How would it be a statement other than us just appointing a women, it’s not a statement on football terms.
I think on reflection - as I said above - that it wouldn't be a good move for Arsenal. For lots of reasons to be honest.

But your reaction was terrible. We literally have a manager now who had no experience as a boss before taking the job. I don't recall all the "Hahahaha" sniffy posts when Arteta got annointed. Your reaction (and @rich 1990 etc) was because Emma Hayes is female. Which is really dumb if you ask me.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think on reflection - as I said above - that it wouldn't be a good move for Arsenal. For lots of reasons to be honest.

But your reaction was terrible. We literally have a manager now who had no experience as a boss before taking the job. I don't recall all the "Hahahaha" sniffy posts when Arteta got annointed. Your reaction (and @rich 1990 etc) was because Emma Hayes is female. Which is really dumb if you ask me.
Think the last bit is unfair tbh, we’re always mocking male managers who we think we are above, that’s what’s happened here with Emma Hayes.

Barry

To say Potter's PL record is poor without taking into context the squad that he is working with is unfair. Brighton would've been relegated long ago had they not had such a good manager in charge.
It's a valid point and I actually like Potter as an option for lots of reasons, but objectively his PL record is quite poor. What is it, a 15th & 16th place finish (and a 10th place finish in the Championship before that?)

I'm not saying he's definitely a dud, but the hype around him is built on the idea that he would scale up with better players. He's not actually proving to be *that* effective with his current teams for whatever reason. He hasn't performed as well as Curbishley, or Howe to give two examples that I don't even rate.

Where we are now I would take him definitely, but you can be sure this stuff gets trawled up again if he gets off to a bad start so it's worth discussing upfront as well I think.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

No, i said she should stay in the women's game because the standards still need raising and it won't happen if men teams nick the best female coaches.

Top Bottom