• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Think the last bit is unfair tbh, we’re always mocking male managers who we think we are above, that’s what’s happened here with Emma Hayes.
Fair enough, I do get on my high horse a bit sometimes and this is an opinions game after all. 👍

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Think this might be it for me. My Newcastle Magpies have won their first of many under Eduardo Howe and then we’re getting Zidane.

Dusted AM meanwhile buzzing about DCL and Graham Potter :lol:
DCL is a shocking thought. You’re wrong on Potter though, he’s as good as Pep. There will be statues of him all around England in 50 years when he’s won two World Cups with England after dominating club football.

Orgasmic managerial talent.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
DCL is a shocking thought. You’re wrong on Potter though, he’s as good as Pep. There will be statues of him all around England in 50 years when he’s won two World Cups with England after dominating club football.

I'm with you on DCL though... Hard Pass Hype Job

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He’s got the presence of a Geography teacher.

Also no orgasmic managerial talent in 2021 is called Graham ffs.

Bloodbather

Established Member

It's a valid point and I actually like Potter as an option for lots of reasons, but objectively his PL record is quite poor. What is it, a 15th & 16th place finish (and a 10th place finish in the Championship before that?)

I'm not saying he's definitely a dud, but the hype around him is built on the idea that he would scale up with better players. He's not actually proving to be *that* effective with his current teams for whatever reason. He hasn't performed as well as Curbishley, or Howe to give two examples that I don't even rate.

Where we are now I would take him definitely, but you can be sure this stuff gets trawled up again if he gets off to a bad start so it's worth discussing upfront as well I think.
Well they are currently 9th in the league. Last season was an anomaly if you watched them play regularly, their chance conversion was shocking throughout the season and they had no business being so low in the table playing the way they did.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Think this might be it for me. My Newcastle Magpies have won their first of many under Eduardo Howe and then we’re getting Zidane.

Dusted AM meanwhile buzzing about DCL and Graham Potter :lol:

It's refreshing to see whilst the majority are tripping over themselves to come to terms with their flirtations with treachery, there's at least an old hand among us :lol:

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Ten Hag gives me Dortmund Klopp vibes.

Feels like he's outgrowing Ajax, proven he can rival teams in Europe, plays an exciting brand of football. Knows how to manage youth, but also bring a spark out of players that looked a bit off playing for other teams (Tadic, Haller, etc).

Also reporting to Mark Overmars of all people who does a tremendous job as a DoF. Please get that Ajax bundle home.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Ten Haag, Bielsa, Potter... all sound fine to me at this point.

I was starting to get on the Arteta train after our good run but these past four games have killed it. Horrid football and utterly baffling in-game management decisions.
He's gotten worse on them even, especially player selections, substitutions and time management. In addition to holding on to tactics that don't work anymore or should only have been a stop-gap to begin with.

Pep has glimpses of that **** mentality, but Arteta seems to live in it. And its even more annoying, because you expect a young coach to move forward, not backwards. Instead Arteta may suddenly make a forward leap, is too afraid to fix any problems that come up and then decides to revert, before repeating the same **** cycle.

FFS.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Ten Haag, Bielsa, Potter... all sound fine to me at this point.

I was starting to get on the Arteta train after our good run but these past four games have killed it. Horrid football and utterly baffling in-game management decisions.
Keep seeing people mention Ten Haag and I have to ask. Why would he leave Ajax for Arsenal right now?

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Keep seeing people mention Ten Haag and I have to ask. Why would he leave Ajax for Arsenal right now?
In the middle of the season it's not going to happen (we're clearly not sacking Arteta middle of the season anyways so, moot point).

But in general? Bigger club (with all due respect to Ajax, and with all due respect to the fact that they have the bigger history, but that doesn't change that this is the current reality), bigger wage, MUCH bigger league...the same reasons Klopp would go from Dortmund to Liverpool except even more amplified.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Ten Hag gives me Dortmund Klopp vibes.

Feels like he's outgrowing Ajax, proven he can rival teams in Europe, plays an exciting brand of football. Knows how to manage youth, but also bring a spark out of players that looked a bit off playing for other teams (Tadic, Haller, etc).

Also reporting to Mark Overmars of all people who does a tremendous job as a DoF. Please get that Ajax bundle home.
I agree, he has to be used to making it work with a tiny fraction of what he will have at Arsenal and young players. With the number of youngsters we have it looks like a good fit. At some point he knows he has to go someplace in a bigger league to really prove himself and managers are competitive

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Prove himself with a bigger team. Bigger in structure, wages, installations and league. Working with few millions at Ajax and knowing you will always lose players once they attract big fishes and then you have to rebuild it must me some kind of frustrating. Gravenberg is not going to stay at Ajax for ever.

if I were a manager, I would like some stability with players and stop losing best players constantly.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Just sack Arteta and proceed with Mertesacker. At least we have an excuse if we end 10th this season.

But I swear to God if they don't bring in the likes of Potter, Mancini or Ten Hag then we are permanently doomed to be midtable. Another season in the bin. Nothing to look forward to. Fk off

Latest posts+

Top Bottom