• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He will do well in the PL, not with Arsenal though. He could use freedom like Zaha at Palace without the manager being on his back every time he touches the ball.

Newcastle would be the best option for everyone IMO
Yes I would love him to go Newcastle because I can keep an eye on him + we get good money.

Pepe just needs to go to a team who are actually accommodating him into their setup.

We signed him under Emery but he didn’t even want him he wanted Zaha. He never put enough effort into Pepe. Then Arteta comes and is thinking ‘I didn’t sign this guy, and he needs a lot of work why should I accommodate?’.

It was clearly all a big **** up by that asshole Raul. Pepe needs to go to a side where he is playing as a forward, not a wide midfielder. He needs to play in the front 3 of a 5 at the back formation, or very tucked in with a marauding RB affording him to receive the ball in the box. He could even be a second striker also. If you give him one of those he will score 10 PL goals minimum a season but maybe up to 15. It’s just not gonna happen here.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If I was Pepe, I would try and move to another league...not sure the Prem is for him.

Not saying he isn't a good player, but certain leagues suit/don't suit certain players.

Wouldn't mind Newcastle coming in for him though, could help us get a good chunk of his fee back.

Jakarta

Pepe be like.....

Maze Runner Run GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Oh and half the team if Arteta is still here for another year.

chessygoal

If I was Pepe, I would try and move to another league...not sure the Prem is for him.

Not saying he isn't a good player, but certain leagues suit/don't suit certain players.

Wouldn't mind Newcastle coming in for him though, could help us get a good chunk of his fee back.
You guys misunderstand Pepe. Nothing indicates that he's unhappy right now.
When he was playing for Angers, he was already living his dream. He wasn't supposed to be a professional football player and somehow, against all odds he made it.
Then at Lille, he didn't mind being benched for his first season, how could he? He was earning enough money to provide for his entire family, he will never have to find another job again.
Then Arsenal came around, now he's earning generational wealth money. He just has to go train every day with his pals and it's all good for him.
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him happily run down his contract even if it means not playing another game for us.
And if we push him out, I'd bet he's going to choose the best paying offer, not the one that would help his career the most.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I think he'd do well in a Prem side that emphasizes counter-attacking football.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I think he'd do well in a Prem side that emphasizes counter-attacking football.
Yeah there’s wingers in the league that start every week that don’t come anywhere near Pepe’s numbers and he’s a part timer.

Perhaps not an Arsenal player but the ratings are so low people can’t even imagine him in the league with Bertrand Traore or Trossard in it (decent players), bit of a shame.

Jakarta

You guys misunderstand Pepe. Nothing indicates that he's unhappy right now.
When he was playing for Angers, he was already living his dream. He wasn't supposed to be a professional football player and somehow, against all odds he made it.
Then at Lille, he didn't mind being benched for his first season, how could he? He was earning enough money to provide for his entire family, he will never have to find another job again.
Then Arsenal came around, now he's earning generational wealth money. He just has to go train every day with his pals and it's all good for him.
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him happily run down his contract even if it means not playing another game for us.
And if we push him out, I'd bet he's going to choose the best paying offer, not the one that would help his career the most.

Damn why you using this narrative just for Pepe? Because he's a player from Africa who made the big time?

So he's not frustrated or upset about being a bench player or things not working out for him?

Damn we should use this thinking in regards to players from the South American slums...or wait even for the young British players who get too much too soon?

Why do people want to treat most footballers as money hungry fools devoid of emotions & ambitions?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think Pepe's just quite a laid back sort of character.

Don't think he's a dosser type. If a decent move becomes available I think he'd take it.

I think more of an issue than Pepe or his wages will be getting a transfer fee Arsenal are happy with, to be honest.

Writing off a significant portion of that £70m will be a hard pill to swallow but it'll have to be done.

chessygoal

Damn why you using this narrative just for Pepe? Because he's a player from Africa who made the big time?

So he's not frustrated or upset about being a bench player or things not working out for him?

Damn we should use this thinking in regards to players from the South American slums...or wait even for the young British players who get too much too soon?

Why do people want to treat most footballers as money hungry fools devoid of emotions & ambitions?
Lol, I'm from Africa mate. And it has nothing to do with that. Football at a youth level, at least in France, is ruthless. A lot of very talented players never make it to a pro level. The fact that Pepe is a professional player now is a small miracle, he has beaten all odds. Very few players with his youth football background make it. Hence why I Say that he's probably not as driven as guys like Saliba or Laca who were identified as future pros very early in their career

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Fantastic game from him. Seeing him skinning guys for fun, don't see that often in football anymore but that's why you watch this game when your a kid.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Lol, I'm from Africa mate. And it has nothing to do with that. Football at a youth level, at least in France, is ruthless. A lot of very talented players never make it to a pro level. The fact that Pepe is a professional player now is a small miracle, he has beaten all odds. Very few players with his youth football background make it. Hence why I Say that he's probably not as driven as guys like Saliba or Laca who were identified as future pros very early in their career
your logic is backwards. Because saliba and laca was identified early and went through the best academies. They should be less hungry than the guy who took the longer route working his way up

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe

Good record but considering most of it feels like it came in cups it's not great

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Not so great record considering most of it feels like it came in cups

Before the season started he had the most contributions of any Arsenal player, or at least was in the top three for it.

He’s an end product player, shame the manager doesn’t rate him for what he enviosion for his team.

It happens, hope we can move him on without having to resort the the Auba/Özil dark arts.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If you think this being a league one side will stop the Pepe gang from enjoying this….
Naaaaaaah we've seen all this before. Personally didn't see the point of starting him there's more than enough cover and he's not part of the plans.

I can't remember the last time I heard Arteta holler Saka's name, but Pepe it's "Nico" every 5 seconds he's obviously not doing whatever he's supposed to be doing, it's done bro.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's a shame we haven't used him more now that we seem to be a totally different attacking threat. Gabi, ESR, Saka and Pepe could be a really fine set of wide players pushing each other on.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Naaaaaaah we've seen all this before. Personally didn't see the point of starting him there's more than enough cover and he's not part of the plans.

I can't remember the last time I heard Arteta holler Saka's name, but Pepe it's "Nico" every 5 seconds he's obviously not doing whatever he's supposed to be doing, it's done bro.

I hate that Arteta has done this to my boi, but I can still enjoy those nutmegs and assists.

Relationship is clearly gone and Arteta has made it clear through actions that he doesn't rate him.

We'll get a "this is what I want nico to do" line from Mikel before he sends him back to the gulag and subs Eddie in for the right wing when we're chasing a lead with 5 minutes to go.

I would be getting a good lawyer to bail me out of jail right after the second time he finished a season strongly and got completely ignored the following start.

Not much more he could've done.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom