• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Haven't we tried him as an 8? Feels like Mikel has done this with him and Ødegaard.

He's just unlucky the other young guys hit form as he was out of the team, they will have dips and he'll be back in the team.

Feel they lack a bit of phisicality, though if we were to try it again, I think ESR is a bit more press resistant.

Henry boi

Haven't we tried him as an 8? Feels like Mikel has done this with him and Ødegaard.

He's just unlucky the other young guys hit form as he was out of the team, they will have dips and he'll be back in the team.

Feel they lack a bit of phisicality, though if we were to try it again, I think ESR is a bit more press resistant.
Yeah the lack of physicality is biggest problem with playing a midfield three featuring both ESR and Ødegaard not quality, but I feel down the road that is what we are going to see.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
After reading the comments, it pretty much forces me to find a way to sell ESR from my FPL. Looks like he won’t start ahead of Martinelli and Saka. Not even Ødegaard?

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Think he's fine on the left, but yeah I noticed his runs towards the inside too.

Martinelli does the same so I wonder how much of it is instruction or natural tendencies. A lot of their goals they are in that central position. Kudos for finding pics to back up your point though.
Is that not what you want from wide players these days anyway? To come inside and be a threat on goal? Gone are the days of wingers being a Vicente or Joaquin. We've been crying out for goals from out wide, now we've got it.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
After reading the comments, it pretty much forces me to find a way to sell ESR from my FPL. Looks like he won’t start ahead of Martinelli and Saka. Not even Ødegaard?
I think he *might* start ahead of Martinelli vs Sp**s. Conte will just sit back and hoof the ball to Kane & Son or get the ball wide for the full backs to spam crosses.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Is that not what you want from wide players these days anyway? To come inside and be a threat on goal? Gone are the days of wingers being a Vicente or Joaquin. We've been crying out for goals from out wide, now we've got it.
Doesn't bother me tbh, whatever works.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I see no reason to try and force him into the team. He’s basically the go to guy should any of our attackers get injured or lose form.

In a month or two any one of them could hit poor form and he’ll have his chance.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
So far its 7 games since the City red not 37 so slow down fam.
Exactly... And don't forget he should have been sent off against ehh I forgot, was it Norwich where he was late with his challenge?

People are bending over for an average midfielder who's error prone....

GoonerJay24

Just have to play him as an inside winger for now; some games will require the directness which Martinelli brings whilst against other opponents we'll need more patience with our passing game which suits ESR. Both of them along with Saka should be rotated throughout this season. It's important to keep these young players fresh without overplaying them.

Long term, I see ESR moving centrally alongside Ødegaard with a Defensive midfielder behind. Arteta will need to coach this system into the players though and identify the right CDM.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Just have to play him as an inside winger for now; some games will require the directness which Martinelli brings whilst against other opponents we'll need more patience with our passing game which suits ESR. Both of them along with Saka should be rotated throughout this season. It's important to keep these young players fresh without overplaying them.

Long term, I see ESR moving centrally alongside Ødegaard with a Defensive midfielder behind. Arteta will need to coach this system into the players though and identify the right CDM.
I agree mostly, but I see ESR more as a backup for AMF role, which is Ødegaard's.

Our winger and AMF situation looks quite nice now for the future with ESR and Martinelli becoming almost as important as Saka.

Maybe they will later sell Pepe to get some RW, who can also be an AMF as cover?

With the rumours of Guimaraes, after Arteta buying Partey and Sambi, the plan looks quite obvious for the type we get. Not only defensive destroyers. Along with him liking Xhaka.

It looks like he will go with 4-2-3-1. But of course it's always possible to play 4-3-3 against easier opponents, with the DMF you mention.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Needs to be starting. Somehow, you get Saka, eSR and Martinelli playing togher. Move Ødegaard to Chaka role...defensive playmaker.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Pressed and hassled well and mostly safe but didn’t produce anything of real quality, some of his silk has disappeared of late.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We are too dependant on our younger players anyway, so when they have a poor game like they should every now and then, our team falls apart creatively.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Such poor game today every pass he made was poverty and he mess up good counters. Poor performance but he too important for us he'll bounce back

Top Bottom