• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Charlie Patino: No Swan Song Afterall

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

He looks like ex-drug fiend, Pete Doherty up there ^^
He just looks like a tiny child with no hope of ever making it in senior football here though :lol:

I swear every generation gets worse with this. I looked like this when I was 12. I swear it be the chemicals they be putting in our food and bath water you know.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
This is rarely mentioned but I think it's important information. Patino was out for around 3 weeks in Oct - Nov following an ankle injury. He hasn't been the same player since.

Pre-injury Patino was dominant, easily the most important player for our u23s. His ability to control games as a deep playmaker gave the team a new dimension. It's not a surprise that our form has been on a downward drift since the injury. The team was previously in the title race, we've currently won one in five.

Nobody really acknowledges this but he's been woeful in his appearances since his return. I've been hoping and expecting Patino to improve on his next showing for months now. It hasn't happened.

GLITCH

This is rarely mentioned but I think it's important information. Patino was out for around 3 weeks in Oct - Nov following an ankle injury. He hasn't been the same player since.

Pre-injury Patino was dominant, easily the most important player for our u23s. His ability to control games as a deep playmaker gave the team a new dimension. It's not a surprise that our form has been on a downward drift since the injury. The team was previously in the title race, we've currently won one in five.

Nobody really acknowledges this but he's been woeful in his appearances since his return. I've been hoping and expecting Patino to improve on his next showing for months now. It hasn't happened.
Interesting. Begs the question why he's been picked ahead of Salah, on current form.

Fabregasm

Good perspective for someone that watches the U23. He's definitely not on the same composed/maturity level like Fabregas/Ramsey/Saka or Wilshere during when they were 18. I'm hoping though he can end up like ESR, getting a good loan spell somewhere and then finding his groove after a good spell eventually. Guessing a good 2 years till he's developed enough for the premier league?

avenellroad

John Radford’s son

He was dominant in under 23 football ffs. You’re talking like he was dominating the championship or a senior men’s league.

He’s still a raw player and will likely take longer than the others in getting to the level he needs to be at. Needs a loan but at a club which will play the type of football he’s suited for.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Baptism of fire for Patino yesterday. If he's good enough we won't remember that performance at all in 3 years time though. Hope he gets a season in League 1 or the Championship next year though to toughen up and learn the men's game.

With the benefit of hindsight, style wise I'd have thought Akinola would have been a good fit next to Lokonga. He's more of a physical presence and ball winner but has improved his short passing and progressive passing loads this season in the U23's from the bits I've seen or read.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Big experience for him yesterday but look still too early for him i hope people don't get thier expectations so high with every talent we have and want them to play first team football so quickly they basically need lot of games in top level to be ready for Arsenal. Not everyone is super talent like Cesc and Wilshere when they came from academy.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Baptism of fire for Patino yesterday. If he's good enough we won't remember that performance at all in 3 years time though. Hope he gets a season in League 1 or the Championship next year though to toughen up and learn the men's game.

With the benefit of hindsight, style wise I'd have thought Akinola would have been a good fit next to Lokonga. He's more of a physical presence and ball winner but has improved his short passing and progressive passing loads this season in the U23's from the bits I've seen or read.

Can't read too much into that game from a Patino perspective. Yesterday was a bit of an anomaly as you wouldn't normally throw a kid who's just turned 18 into the line up under those circumstances. Having done so, we should've protected him by playing an extra man in midfield, even if it was Chambers in DM.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Felt sorry for the lad , good he got minutes. Bit of a strange selection tbh. Maybe if we were 2 nil up bring him on

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Let's be honest, we should be winning this game with 5 rookies on our side. Not sure what's in people's heads when they say he shouldn't be starting games for us, It's exactly the type of game he should be starting.

You really have to be bottom of the society to come here and take it out on the boy or Arteta for playing him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I will say this - he did a little bit better than I expected him to do upon kickoff. He wasn't as overawed physically as some were saying - in fact, he actually won most of the duels he contested for.

I was hopeful for his performance to be good and largely it was tidy without being particularly effective - owing to the structure of our midfield IMO. I had no problem with Arteta playing him - I do think he should have used him a bit deeper though rather than as a lcm type of player.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 16.06.16.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 16.06.16.png
    114.2 KB · Views: 9

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Arteta left him to the wolves yesterday, hope he doesn't let it knock his confidence too much.

Wonder if Mikel wanted to lose, could explain quite a lot about yesterday :lol:
Not too far from my thoughts tbh :lol:. On the other hand, after two years, Arteta hasn't brought a single youth player through and Patino just happens to be there for Arteta to tick a box

Latest posts

Top Bottom