• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📞 Clubs in talks Mohamed Elneny (Out)

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Lots of reports swirling around that Elneny is getting bundled out of the door in Jan.

It says he will leave for free in January.

Surely the club can't be that idiotic, unless they will buy a new midfielder at the same time?

Why would you give away an okay backup player who is on 50k per week, if you don't have enough depth already?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
We
It says he will leave for free in January.

Surely the club can't be that idiotic, unless they will buy a new midfielder at the same time?

Why would you give away an okay backup player who is on 50k per week, if you don't have enough depth already?
We don't have depth during AFCON though (which he's going to), and after that tournament he'll be what - 5th choice? Don't think it's that crazy

drippin

We

We don't have depth during AFCON though (which he's going to), and after that tournament he'll be what - 5th choice? Don't think it's that crazy
Partey, Xhaka, Sambi, AMN. Two longer injuries and we're screwed, while keeping him isn't that expensive.

Xhaka coming back from the biggest injury of his career. Partey being injured too often.

My point was that it seems they will go for a midfielder in January, which might be Adams who can join immediately.

Barry

Partey, Xhaka, Sambi, AMN. Two longer injuries and we're screwed, while keeping him isn't that expensive. Xhaka coming back from the biggest injury of his career.

My point was that it seems they will go for a midfielder in January, which might be Adams who can join immediately.
Yeah I wondered that, but then AMN gets immediately relegated again. As much as I'd like to sign Adams in Jan, I think they see 4 midfielders as enough with no Europe. We'd have to be pretty unlucky to get 3 major injuries. Then you've got guys like White, Chambers who could play midfield or one of the Hale End gets a shot

drippin

Yeah I wondered that, but then AMN gets immediately relegated again. As much as I'd like to sign Adams in Jan, I think they see 4 midfielders as enough with no Europe. We'd have to be pretty unlucky to get 3 major injuries. Then you've got guys like White, Chambers who could play midfield or one of the Hale End gets a shot
I don't want White to have to play DMF. We need him as CB. Chambers maybe.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

An upgrade on Elneny wouldn't be bad. I have a lot of time for Old Mo, but it is time to move on and get some better quality in there. I will always remember his thunderbastard shot though. Wish he had tried those more often.

drippin

It's something like 1,2 million we save from Elneny's wages.

Barry

Given that Arteta hasn't tried Chambers at CM yet shows that he doesn't want him there. There must have been plenty of opportunities to do this already.
Don't get me wrong, Chambers isn't exactly inspiring in midfield, think he's comfortably worse than Elneny there but as an emergency option maybe it would work. White could be pretty good I think, with Holding behind him.

I dunno, would be up for Tyler Adams in January if that's the plan, I just think it's a bit unlikely that we drop another £30m in the winter window.

drippin

Don't get me wrong, Chambers isn't exactly inspiring in midfield, think he's comfortably worse than Elneny there but as an emergency option maybe it would work. White could be pretty good I think, with Holding behind him.

I dunno, would be up for Tyler Adams in January if that's the plan, I just think it's a bit unlikely that we drop another £30m in the winter window.
It would be better to buy a midfielder in January to boost our chances for Europe, and the player would be already adjusted to EPL for next season.

Xhaka will likely be sold next summer with 2 years in contract, while we don't know if AMN wants to extend, which I highly doubt he will. He has 1 year left next summer.

If these guys will go, we would have only Partey & Sambi as our midfield players next summer. So bringing in Adams or someone now, would make a lot of sense.

drippin

Means no major midfield signing in January. Not surprising perhaps, but we could have done with that lift.
Not necessarily, but likely.

It could mean they don't see Adams as worth 40 million euros, and realize how great midfield market we have next summer with countless options with under 2 years in contract.

Top Bottom