• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nuno Tavares: The False #3

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Reminded me of that time when Wenger pulled out Eboue and he started crying. Gotta feel sad for these guys they're just human after all.

Arteta really did him one subbing him off before the halftime I mean wtf was that I laughed my ass off. Micky really has an issue with man-management sometimes. Think he genuinely lacks empathy.

I mean compare his quote:

‘I just did it to try to improve the performance of the team,’ said the Spaniard.

When asked if he’d considered the story the substitution would create, Arteta replied: ‘I understand that but I have to make the decision to try to improve the performance of the team when it’s not going in any other direction.’

To how Wenger explained Eboue's situation.

After the match, Wenger explained, “I felt he had completely lost confidence, he couldn’t keep the ball anymore, and then he became a danger. It is very sad but I think the most important thing is that the team wins the game.

"The crowd was very hard with him but that was not the most important thing in the game. He’s a sensitive boy and he cares about the club. When you have the crowd on your back it is difficult. It was three minutes to go and we started to lose balls in the middle of the park. And why not (take him off)? I want to show nothing.”

Both are goal-oriented statements but Wenger approaches the situation emphasizing Eboue as a human being with feelings, whereas Micky sees players as disposable pieces of.... the puzzle ( :D ). Also note that Nuno is a young, raw player coming after playing 2nd fiddle LB in a weaker league while Eboue was an established squad member in peak years.
We could compare Arteta and Wenger all day long, we could even compare Arteta to his peers in the league (robotic managers not known for their man management have dealt with high profile fall outs this season far better).

You know in your gut Arteta isn't right, but whatever - it's his club for now. We just have to hope he sees out this journey to CL football sooner rather than later. He will just be backed until it happens.

LG10

Lots of people are being disingenuous about his performance which isn’t surprising. He was absolutely shocking and it was all due to his attitude.

Subbing him was clearly the right decision. This doesn’t change the fact that he has been a good signing for us.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Not even Championship level tbf, why we take gambles like this, on these types of players is beyond me, if you add up all the fees we've paid on these type of low level players, you could probably sign some really good quality prospects.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Not even Championship level tbf, why we take gambles like this, on these types of players is beyond me, if you add up all the fees we've paid on these type of low level players, you could probably sign some really good quality prospects.

tbh, moving Nuno will be far easier than moving, say, Cedric. There's always a chance he will turn it around, he has a lot of physical atributes and has had a couple of good matches.

A club looking for a cheap punt could be watching and thinking it's just a mental block thing.

I rather these types of deals when we're desperate for backups than getting another Cedric, Willian or Mari.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Think we need to take a step back, it was one game. Tierney until recently has also been off his usual form, leading to many thinking Tavares might be able to claim his spot.

He does have virtual no composure once a mistake is made. Happened against Chelsea after one mistake, same again against Forest.

Last edited:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Think we need to take a step back, it was one game. Tierney until recently has also been off his usual form, leading to man thinking Tavares might be able to claim his spot.

He does have virtual no composure once a mistake is made. Happened against Chelsea after one mistake, same again against Forest.

It's very much mental with him, he's a physical beast and should be taught to lean in that side of his game when things start going south.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

"I have been substituted after 45 minutes and I have been upset, but it is part of a process...zzzzZzZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz"

forum fan GIF

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That nice now let's see if he get more chances after his disaster class at Liverpool Arteta kept faith on Tavares and played him next game.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

As suspected Mikel did what right for the team in that moment, and now it’s up to Nuno to learn from it and the emotions he felt which it seems he has.

As I mentioned this always happens in football. Not sure why AM cried about it at the time. Strange one.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
As suspected Mikel did what right for the team in that moment, and now it’s up to Nuno to learn from it and the emotions he felt which it seems he has.

As I mentioned this always happens in football. Not sure why AM cried about it at the time. Strange one.
AM turned on Nuno so quickly too, he played well for us earlier this season when we needed him he just had an awful game. Hope he learns from it.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Not sure why AM cried about it at the time. Strange one.
I liked the tantrum ngl, cause the way Arteta swings his d*** around and these boys just take it all feels a bit wet - so I certainly didn't cry. Maybe it's a super competitive squad where the players relish in each others downfall and see it as an opportunity I dunno?

The thing with this though, it's not an isolated incident with Mikel is it? People keep encouraging his behaviour too but I guess it's all preference.

He's certainly closer to the Mourinho side of things rather than a Wenger/Emery.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

AM turned on Nuno so quickly too, he played well for us earlier this season when we needed him he just had an awful game. Hope he learns from it.

Yep, Nuno is still a very good option to have and good potential for a coach who, you know, coaches. Nuno has never played as bad as he did so it’s not common with him at all.

I said on the TrustedMembers WhatsApp group we need to remember some of these guys are having 1 game every month since we’re not in Europe. They’ll be as sharp as a spoon when they finally get a game and we all saw it vs Forest.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I liked the tantrum ngl, cause the way Arteta swings his **** around and these boys just take it all feels a bit wet - so I certainly didn't cry. Maybe it's a super competitive squad where the players relish in each others downfall and see it as an opportunity I dunno?

The thing with this though, it's not an isolated incident with Mikel is it? People keep encouraging his behaviour too but I guess it's all preference.

He's certainly closer to the Mourinho side of things rather than a Wenger/Emery.

Yeah I’m really just winding AM up and totally see the other side but for me everyone was overreacting tbh. As for Arteta I still feel it was all part of his ‘culture’ change, attitude and all that but maybe he just loves being a bit of a nob. Let’s see how the relationship develops.

I’d like to see one of Mikels pet projects have a stinker like that, see what happens.

Yeah I see Jose vibes. If you’re his pal he’s a great coach to work under, if not, you’d probably want to slap him up.

Top Bottom