• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dušan Vlahović

Which club will Vlahovic end up at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
it's concerning when football fans put more attention to stats then own eyes.
if you pay attention durin 90mins of a football match, you'll realize at least 99% of watchers lose concentration at least once during minute and a half...
these people's opinions shouldn't be taken very seriously
I watched yesterday's game and he wasn't impressive at all. Very good goal in the box. Because as I said, he actually is good in the box, but he offered no movement outside the box. For his size you wait he dominates defenders. But Napoli's defenders had no problems with him at air. Instead he spent a lot of time in the ground yelling and putting hand on his hair.

And he is playing in a league much more slower than PL. We are a team with almost no penalties, take that off from him, and he has not that many goals. But, maybe he is a good option if we are gonna make 25 crosses per game.

Arsenio Venger

I watched yesterday's game and he wasn't impressive at all. Very good goal in the box. Because as I said, he actually is good in the box, but he offered no movement outside the box. For his size you wait he dominates defenders. But Napoli's defenders had no problems with him at air. Instead he spent a lot of time in the ground yelling and putting hand on his hair.

And he is playing in a league much more slower than PL. We are a team with almost no penalties, take that off from him, and he has not that many goals. But, maybe he is a good option if we are gonna make 25 crosses per game.

So why do you think Arsenal and other clubs are interested?

Wagwaan

Interested because he scores goals. 21 years old so potential resale value.

But I'm with Yorch, from what I've seen I don't believe he's the best option to get the best out of our trio behind.

I believe we would have to change out style of play to accommodate him, don't get me wrong we have the full backs to play those balls in to him. In my opinion he'd be an expensive Plan B. Even Giroud had decent link up play ffs.

But is that really the way we want to play? Not for me...

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Vlahovic is very left footed I’m hearing. By contrast Alex Isak is both footed. Not only that he can dribble and has better link up in his locker.

Do we want a killer in the box or someone that makes the attack more fluid?

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Vlahovic is very left footed I’m hearing. By contrast Alex Isak is both footed. Not only that he can dribble and has better link up in his locker.

Isak is not the finished article at all. You'd have to wait for him to hit his prime, which may take quite a while. Vlahovic seems to be a more mature and clinical striker, which is what we need because if we don't score goals we won't get the points.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Isak will cost a lot more. 90 million euros paid straight away.

Apart from that, what KrissKringle said. Also for example I remember seeing in one compilation Vlahovic make a good shot outside of the box with his right foot, so he is not totally left footed like Robben.

Robben wouldn't even try that, or hit the target.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He doesn't need much time to make a good shot. Nice shot here at 8 seconds of the video.

yorch44

How many overhyped players haven't have a good career or didn't live to their expectations? Haven't a lot of clubs interested in Sancho? And how is he doing at PL? Lukaku for example... Breaking Italian league... Went to England and he is back to his old form. Aouar was a big boom and look at him now.

There are a lot of cases like that... That's why people talk about risky players. And for my opinion, this is a huge risk and a player who doesn't worth the amount it's mentioned by some media.

Could be the other way, but what I have seen in the matches I watched him is not amazing for me. Chelsea paid 100M for Lukaku for having a big body... I see something similar on him, big guy with not bad technique but nothing more. It's my opinion.

yorch44

Isak is not the finished article at all. You'd have to wait for him to hit his prime, which may take quite a while. Vlahovic seems to be a more mature and clinical striker, which is what we need because if we don't score goals we won't get the points.
And this is assuming he will come and immediately start scoring goals. But this is par of my point, he is 21 and plays in Italy. You can't assume he is WC Lewa to be sure he is gonna score a lot since his arrival.

If he doesn't score and neither do what Laca does linking with team... He will struggle and people is gonna eat him alive as an expensive flop, specially the media.

I just saying this player is so overrated for what he is at this moment. He hasn't proved himself in CL like other young players has. And I agree pens are masking his numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom