• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham v Arsenal | Postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Would be happy if it was. With no midfield I can’t see us get a result, even if we inflicted it on ourself (no signings, freezing out AMN, not keeping Lokonga game ready, trusting Xhaka).

Ghana is one slipup away from giving us Partey back next week so fingers crossed.
Ghana have been absolutely appalling but their final game is against Comoros, FIFA ranked #132 and a place most people couldn’t even identify on a map.

Game Over

Would be typical of the Premier League to reject our postponement after weeks of sketchy postponements. The Liverpool EFL Cup 'false positives' and Leicester's recent approved COVID/AFCON/injuries postponements being the worst.

That little rat Neville ranting about postponements last night makes my piss boil. United sat out for weeks. Tottenham too. Leicester have had THREE postponements in a row.

**** off rat boy.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Would be typical of the Premier League to reject our postponement after weeks of sketchy postponements. The Liverpool EFL Cup 'false positives' and Leicester's recent approved COVID/AFCON/injuries postponements being the worst.

That little rat Neville ranting about postponements last night makes my piss boil. United sat out for weeks. Tottenham too. Leicester have had THREE postponements in a row.

**** off rat boy.
Neville is just doing what Sky asks, they want their Super Sunday.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Idk what the rules are bro, I know we got 1 case only so must have to do with amount of players available
The main reasons why games are cancelled is when a team says they're unable to field 13 outfield players + 1 GK. There could be a variety of reasons why you can have so many players missing like injuries, illness, afcon, suspensions and they all count. As this whole procedure came about because of covid, you probably need to have some covid cases. They never specified how many, and seeing Leicester were able to postpone a game with just 2 covid cases, it seems the 13+1 rule is more important than how many covid cases you have in your squad.

Currently we don't have 13 fit outfield players. (You don't count your academy players, you only count first team players with sufficient experience). So it is simple, we meet the criteria for asking for a postponement. Countless teams have done the same, over 20 PL games have been postponed so far. Leicester, Liverpool, Man Utd etc could have played all their postponements if they dipped into their youth pool. But they didn't so why should we?

It seems suddenly it is an outrage if we play by the same rules everyone has been playing with.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

The main reasons why games are cancelled is when a team says they're unable to field 13 outfield players + 1 GK. There could be a variety of reasons why you can have so many players missing like injuries, illness, afcon, suspensions and they all count. As this whole procedure came about because of covid, you probably need to have some covid cases. They never specified how many, and seeing Leicester were able to postpone a game with just 2 covid cases, it seems the 13+1 rule is more important than how many covid cases you have in your squad.

Currently we don't have 13 fit outfield players. (You don't count your academy players, you only count first team players with sufficient experience). So it is simple, we meet the criteria for asking for a postponement. Countless teams have done the same, over 20 PL games have been postponed so far. Leicester, Liverpool, Man Utd etc could have played all their postponements if they dipped into their youth pool. But they didn't so why should we?

It seems suddenly it is an outrage if we play by the same rules everyone has been playing with.

You dont know the rules. I have explained them in this thread.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

You don't what you're talking about. You just want the game to go ahead so you can enjoy seeing some new prospect.

This:

You only count first team players with sufficient experience

is a completely false statement. You dont know the rules. Learn them.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I do think the PL needs to get a grip on this whole thing, it would be unfair if they start with us tho given we played the Brentford game and haven't got a match postponed yet.

But hopefully maybe starting next week they get tougher with the rules.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The whole postponement thing is a joke, premier league teams have massive squads of players, use them! No games should have been postponed over thus period in my opinion... However a precedent has been set if if they don't abide by it just further strengthens the conspiracy they have it in for us.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The media really going so hard on us not sure where that energy when many teams were doing. There is 22 games postponed. Leicester this 3 game postponed too also thier problem similar to us covid AFCON and injures

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Look at this guy. Making thread about it because the Arsenal do what 95% of PL did 2 months ago. Where was this energy?

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
This:

You only count first team players with sufficient experience

is a completely false statement. You dont know the rules. Learn them.
I was summarising in simple terms. Do you want the exact definition?

Players listed on the club’s squad list who are still available to play in the match, including appropriately experienced Under-21 players (which includes Under-21 players who have played for the club, another Premier League or EFL club, or an overseas club in the current season.

That isn't very clear anyway. For example what is "appropriately experienced"? That could mean a first teamer with sufficient experience. If this wasn't the case then you would have had no games postponed as clubs have so many players on loans, fringes of first team who they could have used.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
The whole postponement thing is a joke, premier league teams have massive squads of players, use them! No games should have been postponed over thus period in my opinion... However a precedent has been set if if they don't abide by it just further strengthens the conspiracy they have it in for us.
Exactly this. The rules are too easy to exploit...something loads of clubs have done. It would be typical if they suddenly started cracking down on that and started with us.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Players listed on the club’s squad list who are still available to play in the match, including appropriately experienced Under-21 players (which includes Under-21 players who have played for the club, another Premier League or EFL club, or an overseas club in the current season.

That isn't very clear anyway. For example what is "appropriately experienced"? That could mean a first teamer with sufficient experience. If this wasn't the case then you would have had no games postponed as clubs have so many players on loans, fringes of first team who they could have used.

If you have played for a Premier League club, an EFL club or a non-british club this season you are appropriately experienced. And we have 3 such players in the U23 team.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳

Earlier in the thread we talked about 3 players in u23 who qualify as appropriately experienced - Patino, and two others who had loans recalled from EFL and Bundesliga 3. Azeez also now - why would they announce he is being recalled until the application has been processed?

Overseas club is a terrible way to define the rules. Could be the Irish league or something that is possibly a lower standard than u23s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom