• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham v Arsenal | Postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I hope we don't feel sorry for ourselves if it does get rejected, we need to be acting as tho the game will go ahead as far as our preparations go. I'm sure we will be doing that in fairness.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We want our game postponed because we messed up in the summer not signing a CM. I called it all summer, you needed a more experienced CM.

Exactly. Like Benjamin Franklin said “If You Fail to Plan, You Are Planning to Fail”.

Our failure to sign a midfielder will eventually cost us.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
You definitely do keep AMN for a ‘just in case scenario’. We’re linked with CM’s for the last two months, loans or signings, Melo, Wijnaldum, Guimeres etc, think you keep AMN until if/when that happens. I mean you’ve kept AMN this long, what’s an extra 4 months. He could’ve played CM or Rb, Arteta many times uses him before Cedric at Rb.
I see where you're coming from but Arteta just doesn't rate AMN. Even if we kept AMN there is a bit chance he would have played this Sp**s game if it goes ahead, as we literally don't have any midfielder available. He wouldn't have played in the first leg of LC. After Sp**s we probably have a lot of our injured back so unlikely he would have featured unless we have another extremely lengthy injury list.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
This should never have been allowed to happen anyway, no other league in Europe does it.
I completely agree with this but they have. The cat is out of the bag. They need to have a meeting of the sort with all clubs and explain exactly when you can request a game to be postponed. I would say you need at least 7 or 8 confirmed covid cases. No other reasons. Simple to enforce and everyone can be treated fairly.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I hope we don't feel sorry for ourselves if it does get rejected, we need to be acting as tho the game will go ahead as far as our preparations go. I'm sure we will be doing that in fairness.
Arteta said he was preparing the team as if the game would proceed. Anything else would be negligence on his part obviously.

BIoodBrother

The hypocrisy in this thread is absolutely unbelievable. Less than two weeks ago so many of the posters that want tomorrow's game to be postponed were so outraged at Liverpool. And this was before we heard news about the false positives. There were talk on here about Liverpool not being transparent (as it wasn't entirely clearly how many covid cases they had), hinting that the real reason is because of AFCON etc etc. I said on here at the time that too many fans were just moaning when in reality they wanted to play a weakened Liverpool team as it improves their chances of beating them and that if the shoe was on the other foot their view would change. Now low and behold we have a similar situation as two weeks ago where as things stand we have only been made aware off of one covid case in Ødegaard (no other names have been mentioned) and the same fans want the game postponed. At least be consistent. And please don't tell me that Arsenal's situation is entirely different to Liverpool as it isn't. Both clubs have had covid issues and a lot of injuries and are using this to postpone games.

Why is it a problem to be inconsistent in your demand to the world / league about what should happen in a scenario where the difference is which club is being concerned?
We are supporting one club, others support another and thats why people wish for decisions to go their way or anothet. As long as no one loses their head and argues constantly about what is right or rightous, its fine to wish the best to your team and the worst to others.
If theres a 50-50 penalty that goes against us, i wont say that its unfair but i will say that i hope for the decision to go in our favour. When we play i want to win. When Sp**s play, i want them to lose, no matter who deserves it. It is inconsistent too. I agree that people behave like idiots when they start feeling betrayed by the FA or bad luck abd the whining and arguing is tiring but in the request for postponement the club doesnt behave improper here and i feel we should support it. Theres already enough people outside the club that are against it.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Arteta said he was preparing the team as if the game would proceed. Anything else would be negligence on his part obviously.

Not even just about him but I hope the players can stay focused knowing there's a chance this may be called off and more to the point we're actively trying to get it postponed. You'd be surprised how easily some players can lose focus

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
12 outfield players available? With another covid case yes this should be postponed and media need to shut it

BIoodBrother

Would be extremely gutted if this gets postponed.

Why?
Even if we say you are right and we ****ed it up ourselves.
You want your club to get what they deserve instead of a bit of help/luck?

Its a way nicer feeling to be behind your club and to be able to celebrate when things go you way..
its more like a short dopamin hit and self inflicted pain instead, if we get rejected/lose and you can claim that you were right about your club being shambles.
Cant lead to anything wholesome.
When we win, you lose.
And when they lose, you win?

Unless of course you are fighting a different cause here, that i dont know about. Disregard my question in that case.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The PL are obviously delaying their decision as they’ll flex their power and make a statement with Arsenal being the first team to be denied a postponement.

Harsh but we have to live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom