• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dušan Vlahović

Which club will Vlahovic end up at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Very reliable local Fiorentina newspaper reporting this.

That's a big offer, Fiorentina would be mad to reject it. Point about the wages (and agent fee) still stands though. Needs to be reasonable. Can live with a high transfer fee, even if it comes with a ton of risk.

Having said that, I think my preference at the moment is Schick.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

That's a big offer, Fiorentina would be mad to reject it. Point about the wages (and agent fee) still stands though. Needs to be reasonable. Can live with a high transfer fee, even if it comes with a ton of risk.

How much would Schick cost? He has contract until 2025.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What do you like about Schick? I’ve never seen him apart from the Euros in the summer.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Reminds me of RvP a little, and cost sééms (can't know for sure of course) more manageable than Isak/Vlahovic/David who come with their own downsides.

To be honest none of the options unequivocally excite me, though.
I thought exactly the same, he has some RvP definitions on him. And it has physical presence as well. I like he is more mature, which can help to add some experience.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
This isn't 2001 anymore mate
No, but if you do some research you'll find it still affects current players. Doesn't get reported over here, and not as prevalent as it was, but its still an issue. Sadly one person implicated to a degree was Davor Suker, once of this parish,

bakaboo

Watched some videos and readup on this guy Schick. No wonder you kept on recommending this guy. He is perfect for Arsenal. Very good 1st touch and shooting technique. Able to support midfield. Think he is tactically well versed too.

Think he is like rvp/adebayor hybrid.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Watched some videos and readup on this guy Schick. No wonder you kept on recommending this guy. He is perfect for Arsenal. Very good 1st touch and shooting technique. Able to support midfield. Think he is tactically well versed too.

Think he is like rvp/adebayor hybrid.

Literally all left footers get compared to RVP. Schik is a good striker who will probably get you 10 goals a season in England. He isn't going to get better. He is what he is.

Vlahovic is 21 ffs. The room for growth is insane considering he has the physicality already.

RvP/Adebayor hybrid? No.

Makavelii

Literally all left footers get compared to RVP. Schik is a good striker who will probably get you 10 goals a season in England. He isn't going to get better. He is what he is.

Vlahovic is 21 ffs. The room for growth is insane considering he has the physicality already.

RvP/Adebayor hybrid? No.

I think he has just got better.
16 goals in 13 games in the Bundesliga this season. How much better do you think the EPL is?

I'm still all in on Vlahovic though. At least he's realistic whereas Schick isn't going anywhere soon. And we don't have an advantage to sign him like we do with Vlahovic.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
I think he has just got better.
16 goals in 13 games in the Bundesliga this season. How much better do you think the EPL is?

I'm still all in on Vlahovic though. At least he's realistic whereas Schick isn't going anywhere soon. And we don't have an advantage to sign him like we do with Vlahovic.

It's hard to say with the way Sancho and Werner transitioned to the PL.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20

RvP/Adebayor hybrid? No.
Not by me. He was touted as a big talent years ago, then dropped off significantly, but he seems to have found his old potential at Leverkusen. To be fair, it could be a purple patch or he could just suit the league very well, but I think he could function well leading our line in the PL. The upside is he has gone through his ups and downs already. Probably won't explode to many levels higher, but he is a good striker. Vlahovic could explode, his potential does look insane, but he could also be another Jovic (or many other examples).

By the way, I'm not advocating against Vlahovic, I get the appeal. There are just some signs that are worrisome. Would you give a 21 y.o. €300k/week here when he just walks into the team?

TinFish

ye
Not by me. He was touted as a big talent years ago, then dropped off significantly, but he seems to have found his old potential at Leverkusen. To be fair, it could be a purple patch or he could just suit the league very well, but I think he could function well leading our line in the PL. The upside is he has gone through his ups and downs already. Probably won't explode to many levels higher, but he is a good striker. Vlahovic could explode, his potential does look insane, but he could also be another Jovic (or many other examples).

By the way, I'm not advocating against Vlahovic, I get the appeal. There are just some signs that are worrisome. Would you give a 21 y.o. €300k/week here when he just walks into the team?
In reference to your last paragraph - yes is the answer.

It’s the type of gamble Arsenal must take. It’s make or break time for the top 4. If the gamble pays off then that sets the way going forward. Scrimping on a cheaper signing like we’ve always done in the past has led us to come up short so many times and stunt our progress for more years.

With Newcastle eventually emerging we need to build a quality squad fast so we can have a period of dominance like Liverpool (I hope).

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

Not many on this forum can tick neurons to make this kind of thoughts. Schick at 25-26 is producing same numbers Lewa is doing with half of a team Lewa has at Bayern. But I don't think many would say Lew would be average here only because he is from Bundesliga, which I rate better and quicker than Serie A.

People think Vlahovic is immediately 20+ goals like he wouldn't need adaptation at 21 from a very slow league.

And 25-26 is still young for a CF btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom