• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Pablo Mari (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

Deal done. Another reason for media to moan why we loan players out
Good one, clears the way for Saliba to return next season hopefully. Leaves us a bit short at CB, but they must be viewing Tomiyasu and Chambers as cover which looks decent anyway.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Good one, clears the way for Saliba to return next season hopefully. Leaves us a bit short at CB, but they must be viewing Tomiyasu and Chambers as cover which looks decent anyway.
Surely Tomiyasu is cover for LCB now. But in that case we have Cedric and Chambers for RB. At least we have numbers there until the summer.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Surely Tomiyasu is cover for LB now. But in that case we have Cedric and Chambers for RB. At least we have numbers there until the summer.
Wait have I missed something? Tavares is LB cover right? I think the big risk with using Tomi at CB is the drop off in quality on the right side... Chambers is pretty good though in both positions so I'm ok with Mari leaving.

drippin

Wait have I missed something? Tavares is LB cover right? I think the big risk with using Tomi at CB is the drop off in quality on the right side... Chambers is pretty good though in both positions so I'm ok with Mari leaving.
I meant LCB.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Anyway, glad this is done. Mari was a much cheaper punt than what I think Cedric probably was, given the portuguese's signing on fee and wages.

This opens up some space for my boy Salib---Hahahahahahahaha, we're totally signing another cb in the summer, who am I kidding.

Last edited:

Impact

Established Member
We aren't light on cover. Mari provided a left-footed option at LCB which Arteta has mentioned is important so we are missing that perhaps but not numbers.

RB - Tomiyasu, Cedric
LB - Tierney, Tavares, Kolasinac
CB - White, Gabriel, Holding, Chambers

Hoping to see us move on Kolasinac by the end of this window too. Mari should be sold in the summer for a profit on what we bought him for so that could work out as decent business for a player always intended to be a back-up.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Yeah we will still have 8 defenders if Kolasinac goes too which is plenty.

We only have 18 league games and a maximum of two cup matches left to play in a shade over 5 months.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Think he'll do pretty well in Italy.

Bit of a sub par spell here though. A few decent games other than that looked a bit ropey and off the pace.

Just put it down as a punt signing. Didn't turn out awful, didn't turn out good either.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
I am not against selling him if Saliba returns to Arsenal and we do not spend 20 million to get a replacement for Chambers and Mari ...

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Huge loss this, especially when combined with the Sead transfer too.

Losing some real Arsenal men, hope the team doesn't get too disheartened.

drippin

Huge loss this, especially when combined with the Sead transfer too.

Losing some real Arsenal men, hope the team doesn't get too disheartened.
We got your favourite player, who is worth at least ten men with his personality.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We got your favourite player, who is worth at least ten men with his personality.

I know, but Elneny is still away from the club at the minute.

Big leadership void right now :(

drippin

I know, but Elneny is still away from the club at the minute.

Big leadership void right now :(
NINTCHDBPICT000701037541-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom