• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dušan Vlahović

Which club will Vlahovic end up at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You cave in now you give in forever
I'd that 7m handshake secures top 4, and rewards us with the 40m you get for merely entering the compeition it will look good. Each individual case is different with agents. But to get the best players when not offering much other than a "project" you have to do something extra. Wages, agent fees etc. We have spanked enough money on **** over the last few years. In reality 5m and 7m there isn't much when you consider we bought Pepe for 72m and Mustafi for 35m.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I hate agents and think they’re parasites but in this specific case a horrible agent could kill off the competition and allow us to compete for a player we wouldn’t otherwise get anywhere near.

If we did it we’d have to make sure everything about the player, his attitude, his contract length/size is spot on and it would still undoubtedly carry risks for future negotiations.
Spot on. And above all you'd want to be sure that the player actually really does want to come here. You don't want the player / toxic agent combo pushing for another payday move in two years. I'm not against this signing at all, but the agent stuff is a big red flag (if true)

Zaza

Not many on this forum can tick neurons to make this kind of thoughts. Schick at 25-26 is producing same numbers Lewa is doing with half of a team Lewa has at Bayern. But I don't think many would say Lew would be average here only because he is from Bundesliga, which I rate better and quicker than Serie A.

People think Vlahovic is immediately 20+ goals like he wouldn't need adaptation at 21 from a very slow league.

And 25-26 is still young for a CF btw.
Glad I'm not the only one on the Schick train. If we can't get Vlahovic, he should be next on the list. Dude has everything we want from a striker.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Vlahovic’s agents want 8m euro commission from Fiorentina to renew his contract, and they want 10% of any sell-on fee from both Fiorentina and the buying club. Agents are ruining football.

10% sell-on fee, wtf? I have never seen agents demanding this kind of deal. Weren't they small time players? Seem a bit out of their depth.

Sure way for agents to cause even more trouble than normal! Something we should never agree upon. They will want to move him out of Arsenal 100% if this is done.

Barry

10% sell-on fee, wtf? I have never seen agents demanding this kind of deal. Weren't they small time players? Seem a bit out of their depth.

Sure way for agents to cause even more trouble than normal! Something we should never agree upon. They will want to move him out of Arsenal 100% if this is done.
That's the issue isn't it - that they have a financial incentive to agitate for the next payday move. Just spells trouble for the club

drippin

That's the issue isn't it - that then have a financial incentive to agitate for the next payday move. Just spells trouble for the club
Only good thing about it is that they wouldn't run the contract down. They would want as big tranfer fee as possible.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not by me. He was touted as a big talent years ago, then dropped off significantly, but he seems to have found his old potential at Leverkusen. To be fair, it could be a purple patch or he could just suit the league very well, but I think he could function well leading our line in the PL. The upside is he has gone through his ups and downs already. Probably won't explode to many levels higher, but he is a good striker. Vlahovic could explode, his potential does look insane, but he could also be another Jovic (or many other examples).

By the way, I'm not advocating against Vlahovic, I get the appeal. There are just some signs that are worrisome. Would you give a 21 y.o. €300k/week here when he just walks into the team?
I think those wages quoted should be taken with a grain of salt, if not an entire kilo. Likewise with the £15m agent fee...

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
vlahovic aside, I can’t believe footballers allow agents to define their careers, if I was a top level pro I’d take calls from agents just so I could tell them to **** off.

Surprised there isn’t a club out there rejects agents and agrees to split the pot from what it saves from agents fees with players.

Tom349

Agent fees need to be capped at say 5m max. Absolute parasites who add nothing and often make transfers harder than they need to be which is a detriment to their clients.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

vlahovic aside, I can’t believe footballers allow agents to define their careers, if I was a top level pro I’d take calls from agents just so I could tell them to **** off.

Surprised there isn’t a club out there rejects agents and agrees to split the pot from what it saves from agents fees with players.

Thing is these agents leach on when they’re young. You have to remember most footballers aren’t educated past the age of 13 and have 0 life skills. Agents become their father figure and they’ll go with the decisions they make as they think they know best.

Barry

Although it's hard to accept, powerful agents have driven the move towards more player power and higher salaries. Left to their own devices, clubs will not look after a players own financial interests and however despicable they are, they are often behind the massive wages that players get now.

I totally think the culture is wrong though. Wages should be capped at a % of turnover if not as part of a proper fixed salary cap; agents should be paid by players and not get double bubble from clubs. There are some reforms coming from FIFA but the agents are fighting them tooth and nail.

It's fans money ultimately and the inflation just means higher ticket prices, Sky TV prices, more commercial schemes etc.

samspade

Thing is these agents leach on when they’re young. You have to remember most footballers aren’t educated past the age of 13 and have 0 life skills. Agents become their father figure and they’ll go with the decisions they make as they think they know best.
Quite right but they should have their own actual parents to protect them, they could even get a team of legal professionals to handle their stuff for them and not have to go near the sorts of figures agents earn. I take your point though, much easier to just do what everyone else does whether you’re a parent or player.

drippin

Feels like this one is edging closer. Arsenal are closely monitoring the situation.
giphy.gif

samspade

Although it's hard to accept, powerful agents have driven the move towards more player power and higher salaries. Left to their own devices, clubs will not look after a players own financial interests and however despicable they are, they are often behind the massive wages that players get now.

I totally think the culture is wrong though. Wages should be capped at a % of turnover if not as part of a proper fixed salary cap; agents should be paid by players and not get double bubble from clubs. There are some reforms coming from FIFA but the agents are fighting then tooth and nail.
I get that but you could get hold of much more credentialed people with as much or more negotiating expertise for a lot less, that’s all.

Then again maybe I don’t know what I’m talking about.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Quite right but they should have their own actual parents to protect them, they could even get a team of legal professionals to handle their stuff for them and not have to go near the sorts of figures agents earn. I take your point though, much easier to just do what everyone else does whether you’re a parent or player.

End of the day though it’s a win win for Vlahovic, the worst thing to happen is a very serious injury but other than that he’s off to a top club and will make a ton of money along the way.

Look at Balogun, everyone knew he was staying but all the agent had to do is say he won’t and next minute he’s on 40k a year.

Agents are leeches but moneys the game.

Barry

I get that but you could get hold of much more credentialed people with as much or more negotiating expertise for a lot less, that’s all.

Then again maybe I don’t know what I’m talking about.
Whenever large sums of money are involved it always gets murky and quite often attracts the wrong sort of people. Football agents are just not very regulated or professional which is ridiculous really. Totally agree with you that they should sort it out. You only need to look at the crooks who govern football and the club's to see why it hasn't been though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom