• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss EFL Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg: Arsenal (0) 0 - 2 Liverpool (0) | Thursday 20th January | KO: 19:45 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_Arsenal-blog.png

A must win game. We have no complaints now. The NLD postponment has given us the much needed reprieve. We can now concentrate our efforts into ensuring we beat a knackered Liverpool who also have a must win game with Brantford tomorrow.

Let's ****ing smash cúnts so I can bask in another fighting **** meltdown.

Screenshot-20220115-184353.png

Think we're pretty much going full strength here with no PL distraction.

Screenshot-20220115-184934.png

Prediction

Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool

MikeVinna

Established Member
Hopefully we’re in a good position squad-wise. Should just play this before Pool have their wingers back. Curious what we’ll do with midfield.. Could try Ødegaard next to Lokonga but that’s really defensively frail.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully we’re in a good position squad-wise. Should just play this before Pool have their wingers back. Curious what we’ll do with midfield.. Could try Ødegaard next to Lokonga but that’s really defensively frail.
Ødegaard hasn't been too convincing as a central midfielder. You pretty much need a defensive midfielder behind him, say in a 4-1-4-1. Doubt we'll tinker with the formation to accomodate that.

DavidHillier

Back to A-M 😞
Ødegaard hasn't been too convincing as a central midfielder. You pretty much need a defensive midfielder behind him, say in a 4-1-4-1. Doubt we'll tinker with the formation to accomodate that.
That's got me thinking about Ode and his actual position in our overall formation now lol.

Is he a CAM in a 5-3-2? (Where he is one of the 2)?

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
This wont be getting called off as different rules to the EPL.
Shame we are so scarily light in CM.
Need robust players against Liverpool.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I just feel like it will be deeply depressing and hugely disappointing should we go out of the cup now on Thursday.

We've got a 0-0 away, they look pretty toothless without The Diver and The Elbower and we have home incentive.

We're talking a game raising performance where we can nick a goal or so.

The pessimist in me can't visualise us beating the bin dippers on Thursday 😔
It will indeed feel like a huge disappointment if we don't progress to the final now. In theory we did the hard part, managed to get a draw at Anfield instead of our usual battering. We even done it with 10 men.

I still feel the game is on a fine balance. We are far stronger at home so will probably have a real go at them but we have to be careful not to give them too much space to exploit. It has been very noticeable Liverpool struggle badly with packed defences. The game at Anfield was the perfect example. Early on we were struggling a bit to keep them at bay, we were pressing high up the pitch and they were exploiting that. The red card even came about as they managed to hit us quickly on the counter. After we went to 10 men and were forced to drop deep they hardly created anything.

I remember the same thing happening to Liverpool in another game after the opposition got a man sent off. So I looked at the games where they played against 10 men. They had 6 games in total, they only scored 1 goal in open play across four and half hours against ten men. They even had Salah and Mane for those games. It seems they find it much harder to create if you play a low block and get everyone behind the ball.

Obviously we aren't going to play like that so it will be interesting if we can nullify their main weapon of countering us at pace. Still hopeful we can do them. Really want to beat them and make Klopp and their fans cry.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Premier League should use that break to get some games played.
If they done that those games could be postponed too :lol:

Not sure if that rule is still around but if a team had to play a game and they had 3 or more of their players missing because of international call ups, they could ask for a postponement.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I assume the Prem will change the postponement rule soon (thought they would have changed it already, after everyone's hissy fit when we called of the Sp**s game, tbh) as teams are always gonna exploit it...as of course you are only gonna try and play games when you have close to your best team.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I assume the Prem will change the postponement rule soon (thought they would have changed it already, after everyone's hissy fit when we called of the Sp**s game, tbh) as teams are always gonna exploit it...as of course you are only gonna try and play games when you have close to your best team.
They’ll leave it for this season I think. Terrible idea, the only league in Europe to do this and most clubs have played the system.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
They’ll leave it for this season I think. Terrible idea, the only league in Europe to do this and most clubs have played the system.

Don't know what they were thinking, they have basically legally allowed clubs to cheat in public.

It is quite funny that we have loaned out a few players though, rate the ****-housery :lol:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Don't know what they were thinking, they have basically legally allowed clubs to cheat in public.

It is quite funny that we have loaned out a few players though, rate the ****-housery :lol:
Since when is managing you players and following the rules ****housery? Feel we are a guiding light of sporting integrity and fairness. Other clubs should learn from us! :bullseye:

Kav

Established Member
Hard to request a postponement in good faith when you’re loaning out multiple players and also releasing players from their contract. It makes you look like a dishonest bunch.

It’s a loophole being exploded that goes against the concept of fairness and affects the integrity of the competition.

That being said it is what it is. We aren’t the first and we won’t be the last to exploit such an obviously flawed proviso.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Hard to request a postponement in good faith when you’re loaning out multiple players and also releasing players from their contract. It makes you look like a dishonest bunch.

It’s a loophole being exploded that goes against the concept of fairness and affects the integrity of the competition.

That being said it is what it is. We aren’t the first and we won’t be the last to exploit such an obviously flawed proviso.
Lol. Why do we always have to be the nicest student in the class? We get screwed over so many times by referees, VAR, even league scheduling (2 big games in the first 3 games for how many years in a row while United get a easy start to get some form). Then Arsenal take advantage of some stupid PL rules after 10 other clubs already done so and suddenly the world is too small? We should stop acting like simps.

Kav

Established Member
@razörist

I’m not sure what you’re arguing here. You can’t defend the club’s actions, It’s wrong. Just admit it and move on.

What’s so hard about that? Stop being a *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom