• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Investigating Over Suspicious Betting Pattern during an Arsenal match

balthazar

What’s weird is Xhaka doesn’t need the money and I doubt he would do a favour for a mate like this, it’s too massive risky.

All I can think it’s some underworld betting/gambling thing involving darker figures.
Albanian Mafia maybe.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Why get him? He has been poor for Barca. Only worth a punt if you get get him for cheap.

He has been the Dutch El Nenny.
Who has been good at Barca during their last couple of years of dysfunction? The boy is clearly talented but being weighed down by being in a toxic, debt ridden club.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Trust this to happen to us the club that everyone in the world hates, this is going to put an even worse reputation on us now. Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised if they can't prove it & it's only a rumour because the FA want to put an even worse of a reputation on us obviously.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If it is proven & turns out to be Xhaka or an experienced player unless there are extenuating circumstances i think they need to go.

If its a young lad you may give them benefit of the doubt?
Ive just woke upto this news. Whoever it is needs not only released from their contract but sued by the club until they've met financial ruin.

If true this is one of the most damming sporting events I've known in my time following British football. Benefit of the doubt catch yourself on.

Last edited:

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Are there any actual leaks of who it might be? Or are we just speculating as normal?
I think it's just speculation but good one though. We know the issue is with betting pattern and the internet was quick to find out which game and booking it was. Someone had tweeted about it just after the match. So I think it's reasonable to assume that the Leeds game is the one being investigated. But apparently the investigation is in very beginning stages. They are still looking into the booking anomaly and not the player yet.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I think it's just speculation but good one though. We know the issue is with betting pattern and the internet was quick to find out which game and booking it was. Someone had tweeted about it just after the match. So I think it's reasonable to assume that the Leeds game is the one being investigated. But apparently the investigation is in very beginning stages. They are still looking into the booking anomaly and not the player yet.
And this is the same game where he stamped the Leeds player without even a booking? Earlier in the game? Or am I misremembering?

Honestly, even without the player or referee being involved, spot betting on Xhaka yellows and reds should be a real industry.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
That tackle pissed the **** out of me (could've easily been a red, and so stupid when we were winning 3-0)--I've been complaining about it in Xhaka's thread for a few weeks now (though I incorrectly remembered it as against Norwich or Newcastle haha)--this would actually make me think higher of Xhaka and his intelligence as a player, tbh 🤣. Though remind me that in general, in life, he is just an idiot.

Tbh, if the investigation concludes it was him, he would deserve a season-long ban at the least, for me. Making a tackle like that and endangering the health and career of other footballers for money / gangland connections or pressure is really something deserving of a very, very serious ban.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

That tackle pissed the **** out of me (could've easily been a red, and so stupid when we were winning 3-0)--I've been complaining about it in Xhaka's thread for a few weeks now (though I incorrectly remembered it as against Norwich or Newcastle haha)--this would actually make me think higher of Xhaka and his intelligence as a player, tbh 🤣. Though remind me that in general, in life, he is just an idiot.

Tbh, if the investigation concludes it was him, he would deserve a season-long ban at the least, for me. Making a tackle like that and endangering the health and career of other footballers for money / gangland connections or pressure is really something deserving of a very, very serious ban.
It will be more than a season if true. A Lincoln player was banned for 6 years for manipulating betting markets and picking up 2 yellows in different FA cup games.

The seriousness of this is being understated. If found to be true whoever it is will be facing serious sanctions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom