• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 282,659

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's been on loan for what now, 2? 3 years? Should have accepted it by now he aint here
Why would I accept malfeasance and stupidity? That's not a recipe for success in life. I may not have control over it but that doesn't mean that I'm ok with it.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Who's a better young ball playing CB in the England ranks right now? We needed defensive stability, that was the first stage of the rebuilding process. We were becoming a laughing stock with pundits constantly saying we couldn't defend. We look much better defensively now with White, Gabriel, Tomiyasu and Tierney. We have the best young sweeper GK in the England ranks again, who's better, and homgrown? The next stage will be to add to the likes of Saka, Smith Rowe and Ødegaard with some additional midfield and forward signings.

God willing. I want them to succeed and not trying to downplay White just emphasizing we could've managed the squad and money better and benefit more this season.

I hear you.

Consider this though and I’m not defending the bloke. What if he simply went out and got the targets that the manager requested? Is he doing a bad job then?

Yep. If he's just there to do a deal he's not a director of football, he's a broker. That's what I've written in my post.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
That’s fair but these two have made mistakes against lesser teams too. Just last week Ben White could see the danger against Forest and they scored.

At best, these two are maybe Koscielny level.

Kos was a very good CB, got constantly exposed in a young super attacking team.

Wait...do you rate Kos, or not? :lol:

Young And Restless Decision GIF by CBS

GDeep™

League is very weak
I said “at best, maybe” Kos level. We have not seen them reach those levels yet and I doubt they ever will. White constantly gets spun and is ball watching while Gabriel goes through shaky patches all the times.

Think you would agree that Per/Kos was a better partnership, in a very attacking team with basically no help from elsewhere.

We’re 6th, lost more games than Sp**s and conceded goals for fun.

Riou

I said “at best, maybe” Kos level. We have not seen them reach those levels yet and I doubt they ever will. White constantly gets spun and is ball watching while Gabriel goes through shaky patches all the times.

Think you would agree that Per/Kos was a better partnership, in a very attacking team with basically no help from elsewhere.

We’re 6th, lost more games than Sp**s and conceded goals for fun.

Kos and Per were better, yeah...though I wouldn't be shocked to see Gabriel reach Kos level, he has the potential...doubt White has it in him, but still a good player.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
come on edu man. why there no movement. apart from Arthur and Vlahovic that each new day sound unlikely to happen need Arteta save the day and find players because doesn't seem Edu got something else.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Kos and Per were better, yeah...though I wouldn't be shocked to see Gabriel reach Kos level, he has the potential...doubt White has it in him, but still a good player.
both White and Gabriel will become better defenders they still 23-24. people forget how much Kosh and Per struggle in their first season in PL so far Gabriel didn't struggle and he not error prone meanwhile White apart from few errors that didn't cost us anyway he been fantastic with how we play. they kept 9 clean sheets from 17 games you can't ask for more.

Riou

both White and Gabriel will become better defenders they still 23-24. people forget how much Kosh and Per struggle in their first season in PL so far Gabriel didn't struggle and he not error prone meanwhile White apart from few errors that didn't cost us anyway he been fantastic with how we play. they kept 9 clean sheets from 17 games you can't ask for more.

I think Gabriel will be one of the best CB in the league over the coming years, has a bit of everything as a player.

White is a bit dodgy as a pure defender, but as long as he has Tomi and Gabby either side of him, he's a very useful player... crucial in our build up play.

Happy to have both.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I think Gabriel will be one of the best CB in the league over the coming years, has a bit of everything as a player.

White is a bit dodgy as a pure defender, but as long as he has Tomi and Gabby either side of him, he's a very useful player... crucial in our build up play.

Happy to have both.
yes White dodgy because he take more risks and reactions are slow. you can add Saliba to the mix too who alot of people convincing themselves he'll be sold. we have very stable defense for 5+ years unless they struggle.

Yeah, there is potential in Gabriel and White. It's a waiting game. Probably still 2 seasons until you expect them to be rock solid most of the time.

Saliba is another one we should love to have. You have these 3 defenders and we can rotate and tactically face any kind of team in the PL IMO.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We never do business on a match day. Looking at 8 days left in the window to perform miracles it seems.

What I would say is that the club have done very well to keep things quiet. Nobody knows anything. It is pure speculation. There is a big chance nobody knows our 2 targets.

Malky

Established Member
Yeah, there is potential in Gabriel and White. It's a waiting game. Probably still 2 seasons until you expect them to be rock solid most of the time.

Saliba is another one we should love to have. You have these 3 defenders and we can rotate and tactically face any kind of team in the PL IMO.
Gabriel Saliba is the one for me next season.
For all White's so called ball playing capabilites he's an awful defender. He's a decent squad option, but shouldn't be starting for a team with top 4 ambitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom