• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arthur Melo

GDeep™

League is very weak
i wouldn’t be so sure we sign another midfielder in the summer with xhaka. Partey and Arthur now with lokonga and Patino around
I think Xhaka will go, should’ve pointed that out earlier. May even loan him out while paying his wages. I’m sure he’s fed up of being here.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think Xhaka will go, should’ve pointed that out earlier. May even loan him out while paying his wages. I’m sure he’s fed up of being here.
I don’t know. The club loves xhaka and will do anything to keep him. He has tried to leave the last two years and we even gave him more money to stay. I think there is bigger chance him becoming captain again rather than leaving

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Not better than AMN. Guy has never played in PL, tinier than Tielmans... Some turning his nose to Tielmans and you think this flop is going to contribute better? He couldn't make it in the lesser physical league which is La Liga and it's better for smart and technical players like he is supposed to and the super slow Serie A. Both teams being dominant in their leagues.
He may not be suited to the prem? However he can pass the ball & is good technically so he has attributes.
When clubs at the level of Barca or Juve are buying AMN rather than him going on loan to WBA & getting slated in his first game at Roma for constantly losing the ball come back & post that he is not better than AMN by all means. 😁 Totally different players.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
If I were looking for a Sería A midfielder at least I would pick 9ne in form like Fabian Ruiz. He has extreme quality and control of the game, but he is not the most physical player, but at least he covers more than Arthur and much better range pass.
I used to be a big fan of Fabián but he has looked really out of his depth for our national team. Looks very slow at higher levels, and just out of his depth, in short.

Like Arthur more.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I know nothing about this player, but why not check reddit (and specifically r/juve) for opinions from those that watch him...surely nothing could go wrong with that!!!!

Here's some top rated comments:

"It makes no goddamn sense to push Arthur out of the club. It really isn't unusual for a player to take a season to get used to a new league and team. Arthur is definitely still improving as a Juve player and has massive talent (though he seems to also have some concentration issues). He's still only 25 and especially deep lying playmakers tend to develop later then many other positions."
-
"I get why we should replace him. But after we saw that Loca Mckennie Artur works and while we struggle with others midfield players, we really want to get rid of him now?"
-
"I don't understand this move considering hes coming into form and forming a nice partnership with loca."
-
"He’s just not good enough for us. If he could pass the ball over the top or be a defensive force I could see him being important for the future of this team but I honestly don’t think he can do either."
-
"He might do well under Arteta. An organized, strict, and young manager? Allegri might be doing well for him but if he's soured on Italy then that's hard to keep going."

I'll stop there. The opinions are slightly mixed but definitely more positive than negative (atleast the most upvoted comments).

So given this it does seem like this could potentially be a very good move, especially considering it's a loan not an outright purchase but we may likely be able to buy him if he does well here.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Not better than AMN. Guy has never played in PL, tinier than Tielmans... Some turning his nose to Tielmans and you think this flop is going to contribute better? He couldn't make it in the lesser physical league which is La Liga and it's better for smart and technical players like he is supposed to and the super slow Serie A. Both teams being dominant in their leagues.
Not better than AMN..?

I Know Yzma I Know GIF

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Arthur was half-decent in Messi FC almost 3 years ago. He has been, at best, average since then. Poor squad planning by the two stooges force us to loan him but that doesnt make him anything special.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
I don’t know. The club loves xhaka and will do anything to keep him. He has tried to leave the last two years and we even gave him more money to stay. I think there is bigger chance him becoming captain again rather than leaving

We’ll need an exorcist to get rid of Xhaka.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I know nothing about this player, but why not check reddit (and specifically r/juve) for opinions from those that watch him...surely nothing could go wrong with that!!!!

Here's some top rated comments:

"It makes no goddamn sense to push Arthur out of the club. It really isn't unusual for a player to take a season to get used to a new league and team. Arthur is definitely still improving as a Juve player and has massive talent (though he seems to also have some concentration issues). He's still only 25 and especially deep lying playmakers tend to develop later then many other positions."
-
"I get why we should replace him. But after we saw that Loca Mckennie Artur works and while we struggle with others midfield players, we really want to get rid of him now?"
-
"I don't understand this move considering hes coming into form and forming a nice partnership with loca."
-
"He’s just not good enough for us. If he could pass the ball over the top or be a defensive force I could see him being important for the future of this team but I honestly don’t think he can do either."
-
"He might do well under Arteta. An organized, strict, and young manager? Allegri might be doing well for him but if he's soured on Italy then that's hard to keep going."

I'll stop there. The opinions are slightly mixed but definitely more positive than negative (atleast the most upvoted comments).

So given this it does seem like this could potentially be a very good move, especially considering it's a loan not an outright purchase but we may likely be able to buy him if he does well here.

Lol the fact that random Juve fans think Arteta is strict says everything about his reputation.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Some people are gonna moan here no matter what we do, I swear to god.
Hasn’t done well in Spain or Italy and his club insist on 18 month loan meaning they don’t want him there next season no matter how well he does here. You want us to be happy?

And before people talk about the fee juve spent on him 72 million + pjanic. Anyone who believes those dodgy numbers is a *****. One of the dirtiest and most clear fake accounting I ever seen

blrgooner

Established Member
Arthur was half-decent in Messi FC almost 3 years ago. He has been, at best, average since then. Poor squad planning by the two stooges force us to loan him but that doesnt make him anything special.
And AMN has never been close to half decent in the midfield for any consistent run of games. Even on loan in Roma, he is playing wing back.
Arthur not being anything special and him being better than AMN can both be true.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Yeah, but we're bringing him as a backup I'm assuming. He'll be taking El Neny's/AMN's place in the squad. 25 year old having experience of playing in Barcelona and Juventus is better than anything we have right now. He's played for Juventus 22 times last year and 7 times this year so its been more first team than on the bench.
And if nothing else, if he comes here and fails, then it'll at least shut up the anyone is better than Xhaka crowd.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
And AMN has never been close to half decent in the midfield for any consistent run of games. Even on loan in Roma, he is playing wing back.
Arthur not being anything special and him being better than AMN can both be true.
How could if our brilliant manager freezes him after getting Man of the Match in PL. Tell what player in world is going to gain some form of the manager doesn't give him minutes even after a very well display.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah, but we're bringing him as a backup I'm assuming. He'll be taking El Neny's/AMN's place in the squad. 25 year old having experience of playing in Barcelona and Juventus is better than anything we have right now. He's played for Juventus 22 times last year and 7 times this year so its been more first team than on the bench.
And if nothing else, if he comes here and fails, then it'll at least shut up the anyone is better than Xhaka crowd.
So why would he go from backup at juve to backup Arsenal? Arthur is the midfielder we gonna sign in the summer just moved forward

Makavelii

So why would he go from backup at juve to backup Arsenal? Arthur is the midfielder we gonna sign in the summer just moved forward
Big assumption.

But if he is, then they must see something in him that Juve management don’t. And they might be right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom