• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Actually the least important position in 4-3-3 where he is a sweeper. We gave Ødegaard and esr free roles with 3 men in front of them against worst team in the league at home. Come on now.
Nonsense. If you watch him, you can see him positioning himself next to a Burnley player so he can't receive the ball. Even when we had a throw in late on, White was looking for options, Lokonga stood behind a Burnley player and pointed for White to throw it elsewhere. He's scared out there.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Nonsense. If you watch him, you can see him positioning himself next to a Burnley player so he can't receive the ball. Even when we had a throw in late on, White was looking for options, Lokonga stood behind a Burnley player and pointed for White to throw it elsewhere. He's scared out there.
ITS ROCK BOTTOM BURNLEY AT HOME WHO HAS NOT PLAYED OVER A MONTH AND WE COULDNT SCORE 1 GOAL.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
ITS ROCK BOTTOM BURNLEY AT HOME WHO HAS NOT PLAYED OVER A MONTH AND WE COULDNT SCORE 1 GOAL.
Yes, and Sambi was a big part of that. The CM is meant to pick up pockets of space, get on the ball and make progressive passes. Sambi doesn't do it because he doesn't want the ball. He doesn't want the ball, he doesn't want to run, he doesn't want to tackle. I don't know what he offers.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sambi did all he could he alone in midfield tried to switch up play to saka and Martinelli. Not eye catching performance but done what he asked

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yes, and Sambi was a big part of that. The CM is meant to pick up pockets of space, get on the ball and make progressive passes. Sambi doesn't do it because he doesn't want the ball. He doesn't want the ball, he doesn't want to run, he doesn't want to tackle. I don't know what he offers.
In a midfield of Sambi and the 4 golden boys Arsenal hype up in saka, esr, Martinelli and Ødegaard he was always gonna be blamed. Burnley didn’t dominate the midfield and run at our defence at will through the middle. This is the problem with our fans. They have favourites who are untouchable. Saying at home we couldn’t score against burnley is laughable

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Sambi did all he could he alone in midfield tried to switch up play to saka and Martinelli. Not eye catching performance but done what he asked
People talk about this guy like he's 18 years old. He's 22. Did what was asked you say? He done nothing, show some responsibility, some eagerness to get on the ball and play, we've seen glimpses from him. Look back at 19 year old Guendouzi for example, when the chips were down, he was demanding the ball, making things happen, driving the team forward from CM. Honestly, even Elneny does twice as much as Lokonga.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
In a midfield of Sambi and the 4 golden boys Arsenal hype up in saka, esr, Martinelli and Ødegaard he was always gonna be blamed. Burnley didn’t dominate the midfield and run at our defence at will through the middle. This is the problem with our fans. They have favourites who are untouchable. Saying at home we couldn’t score against burnley is laughable
I'm not denying they were horrible, Saka especially. I thought Ødegaard did well, Martinelli tried but was wasteful, ESR not at it again. Doesn't mean i can't have the opinion Sambi is not good enough for Arsenal or the PL.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
People talk about this guy like he's 18 years old. He's 22. Did what was asked you say? He done nothing, show some responsibility, some eagerness to get on the ball and play, we've seen glimpses from him. Look back at 19 year old Guendouzi for example, when the chips were down, he was demanding the ball, making things happen, driving the team forward from CM. Honestly, even Elneny does twice as much as Lokonga.
He did early this season when there was player beside him last few games he played alone he made mistake trying to be clever. Guendouzi if you remember have abslout no positioning sense and defensively awful.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'm not denying they were horrible, Saka especially. I thought Ødegaard did well, Martinelli tried but was wasteful, ESR not at it again. Doesn't mean i can't have the opinion Sambi is not good enough for Arsenal or the PL.
Outside of saka and potentially Martinelli none of them are good enough for a CL team. The team has overachieved already and their true level is 7th

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
He did early this season when there was player beside him last few games he played alone he made mistake trying to be clever. Guendouzi if you remember have abslout no positioning sense and defensively awful.
I disagree, i'd have Guendouzi over him all day, everyday. Lokonga lacks character and physicality. For me, that won't change.

BIoodBrother

Hes not bad but we never had a decent game with a 4141.
Also with Partey vs Norwich it was a performance like that.
Without 2 of Sambi Partey and Xhaka we suck in the build up and its the fault of the latter two that they made stupid fouls and were rightfully red carded and suspended for this one.

If you want to blame smn today then look at the tactics, the big surprise that there is afcon for the club and inconpetence to have enough senior players to be able to play depending on form. No covids and injuries but just one player, you wanna sub on...
Or blame laca who was decent but misses an empty net goal or blame golden Boy saka who didnt have the star quality from recent months

BIoodBrother

I disagree, i'd have Guendouzi over him all day, everyday. Lokonga lacks character and physicality. For me, that won't change.

But you cant play a player depending on if he takes risk.
Don't you think Arteta demands him to play save?
Guendouzi plays for himself and can be great but positional sense as a lone DCM off the ball is vital.
Douzi wouldnt even be allowed to play that Position.

Legend14

Established Member
Pretty easy to see this. He doesn’t look like a player who wants to make an impact. He hid the entire day.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Guendouzi plays for himself and can be great but positional sense as a lone DCM off the ball is vital.
I find it very hard to believe Arteta sends his central midfielder out there with instructions to not get on the ball. Impossible.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Exactly with guendouzzi instead of Sambi Burnley would have created way more because there would be no midfield. Guendouzzi at Marseille has 2 central midfielders behind him as he plays in more attacking position.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Lokonga is very disciplined and Arteta demands that.
He did make mistakes but to write him off like that is just so short sighted.
I don't mind him making mistakes. I just want him to do something. He doesn't get on the ball, he doesn't run, he doesn't tackle or engage, he's just there, jogging around. His most noticeable contribution was wiping Sakas hair clean before the free kick.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The “next Yaya Toure” shouts from Kompany make me think his managerial career will be a short one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom