• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: Arsenal 0 - 0 Burnley | Sunday 23rd January | KO: 14:00 GMT |

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_Arsenal-Burnley.jpg

Really bad performance last night. We need a strong reaction. We don't just need to beat this lot, we need to do it convincingly. A statement win, if you like.

But problem is even with Partey back, we're in a worse situation than we were a week ago. We are light in midfield (an understatement). Our only recognized CM is 22 year old from the Belgian league playing his first season in the league.

Let's not even talk about Arteta. Don't want his templars attacking me or sending me threats.

I think he'll go with the same Lineup today in Sunday.
This will be a twofer: Relegate Sean Dyche and get the three points.

Screenshot-20220120-231422.png

Screenshot-20220120-231355.png

Screenshot-20220120-231439.png

Like I said, I reckon Mikel will stick with the same starting XI that played the pool game. It will be interesting to see how. Lokonga and ødegaard themselves physically in midfield against those club bouncers.

Predicted Lineup

1875144_Arsenal.jpg

Last edited:

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Thanks mate.

Breaking Bad started similarly, very very slow. Started season one, took a break and then returned to season one two years later. But then I didnt look back, and you know the rest.

Looking forward to BCS now, as I havent had an experience like Breaking Bad since I finished it. For me, easily the greatest show to grace television.
BCS is superb - arguably gets better than BB, certainly in terms of the way it gets deep into characters and their history/motivation - including some BB characters, big and small. The tension as you get well into series 5 is excellent, also.

Much more fun than watching Arsenal atm. just back from the game and we were poor and directionless in the first half, decent but wasteful in the second, just no cutting edge.

It feels as if the club has decided on a policy but not how to implement it or secure the necessary recruits.

baccy_man

Established Member
3/4 of the match was like we were having a Sunday walk in the park the play was so slow and all the back passing again we have seen that if they play at a faster tempo they can open any team up so why so slow.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Always felt this was going to be tough.

Our squad is young & not deep enough. Nothing on the bench today.
We still should have won though.
Not ideal but for context Chelsea been drawing a lot lately & they have a far better squad.

Hopefully we come back refreshed in feb.

Still loads of football to be played.

Tom Mix

Always felt this was going to be tough.

Our squad is young & not deep enough. Nothing on the bench today.
We still should have won though.
Not ideal but for context Chelsea been drawing a lot lately & they have a far better squad.

Hopefully we come back refreshed in feb.

Still loads of football to be played.
Come off it! Tough? There's a reason why Burnley are bottom halfway through the season! They are rubbish! We had nothing on the bench and they had nothing on the pitch.

If we cannot break down this type of team at home then we really have no business talking about qualifying for the conference league let alone CL.

I make it Burnley wasted at least 20 minutes throughout the game but the amount of time we wasted playing the ball at the back probably equals that.

We knew exactly what they were going to do and yet we chose to play them as if we'd been playing Liverpool again. They must have been delighted at our dumbness.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Typical Burnley performance, 10 men behind the ball, putting their bodies on the line and wasting as much time as possible. I can't fault them for it though to be honest, they are fighting for survival and in that position it's a case of 'whatever it takes'

I feel sorry for the boys and Mikel today, it's tough to break down that type of low block and we had no options at all off the bench to change anything.

rockofcashel

This is the current situation as we stand.. half time in the Chelsea/Sp**s game

Chelsea just scored, so if it remains with them in front at the end of the week only United of the potential 4th place teams have made any ground.. and that was at the expense of West Ham

Our next league game is in 18 days (mad eh.. ), so by that time, all players that could be available will be available. They'll be rested and should be ready to push for that 4th place.

There might even.. should be even.. one or two quality additions to the squad, by the next game.

We need to

1. Sort out the Auba issue.. either he's here till season end or not. If he is, he's too expensive and too good, to be riding the bench. Get him back training or get him out the door.

2. Get everyone well rested and ready to play every game at the intensity of the City game. It's really annoying to see players "get up for a game" against City, but then put in a poor performance like today

3. If the club are buying.. buy.. get the new players in now, asap so you have as much time as possible to work them into the squad/team

4. Kick on

ArtetaOut

I'm so depressed rn don't know waht to do with my life because of this inapt fool and bs club management ireally duuno what to do anymore i need to get out of arsenal out o forum and see a shRInk **** this cone boy and the tards who want to extend his contract

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Do you want to piss me off? Can you all stop. I'm trying to support the team stop putting it on me supporting the manager.

I'm patient guy but enough I'm sick of it
Even using Arteta "not a fan, a supporter" propaganda. You can support the team being honest with the manager and yourself. He is utterly bad manager. Any good manager would have this team playing well football and not crossing against one of the best aerial teams in the league

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Not sure why things are getting messy in here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether they’re supporting the team, manager or just fully Arteta out. I’m trying to stay as positive as possible but at this current time, it’s very difficult. Have said that I’m not a massive fan of keep on repeating the same point that the manager needs to go.

It’s actually get boring now, would rather focus on the positives even if there aren’t many.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
"Burnley are dangerous and desperate for points"

...what the **** does that mean...every team wants points, no? :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This result now frustrated me more even i little care at this point after Sp**s dropped points. We still in good position for 4th few games in hand fc but investment desperately needed if not we need to pray our starting 11 keep fit for remaining of campaign because clearly mikel got nothing else and he don't have other plans. We need to act the remainder of window get striker at least.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Least Sp**s lost, tbh...don't think the players or manager have it in them to chase down Chelsea, least this keeps 4th more open.

Still, if only Laca scored that open net ☹️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom