• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 282,733

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Tomiyasu was another panic but. He looks good, but only reason he is here is we lost first 3 games

What makes you so sure about this?

Tomiyasu's integration into the team suggests to me that there was quite a lot of work done with his recruitment. Detailed scouting doesnt always work out yes, but I find it hard to believe that you just bring in a player and he just works out, especially a unknown quantity like Tomiyasu.

All our summer signings look like the work of intense preparation and evaluation to me, something I would expect from a traditionally money tight Arsenal who have stepped out of their financial comfort zone. I dont think its possible to fluke so many players.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

What makes you so sure about this?

Tomiyasu's integration into the team suggests to me that there was quite a lot of work done with his recruitment. Detailed scouting doesnt always work out yes, but I find it hard to believe that you just bring in a player and he just works out, especially a unknown quantity like Tomiyasu.

All our summer signings look like the work of intense preparation and evaluation to me, something I would expect from a traditionally money tight Arsenal who have stepped out of their financial comfort zone. I dont think its possible to fluke so many players.
tomiyasu played for Bologna a club willing to sell for any decent price. You telling me all summer we wanted a rb and decided to get one last day of the window when he could come in early, have pre season and be more ready? Offcourse they not gonna admit it and Arsenal in statements say every player they buy they been following him for long time. He was available all summer

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Go for Isak. Release clause means Sociedad won't have a choice in the matter. Isak is a level-headed guy. Won't jerk us around like Vlahovic and Vlahovic's agent and values his development as a footballer more than money and club status.

SA Gunner

tomiyasu played for Bologna a club willing to sell for any decent price. You telling me all summer we wanted a rb and decided to get one last day of the window when he could come in early, have pre season and be more ready? Offcourse they not gonna admit it and Arsenal in statements say every player they buy they been following him for long time. He was available all summer

Look, I think in Tomiyasu's case he was a thoroughly scouted option, but not necessarily the first option. I could be wrong though, perhaps Arsenal waited till late to take advantage of a quick deal. There are many reasons to think about, but Im sure rash decision making and hoping for the best is not one of those reason's we went in so late.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Go for Isak. Release clause means Sociedad won't have a choice in the matter. Isak is a level-headed guy. Won't jerk us around like Vlahovic and Vlahovic's agent and values his development as a footballer more than money and club status.

Harsh to suggest Vlahovic values money more than football development. We're not at the level we used to be, the guy could go to one of the top clubs in Europe and play at the highest level if he waits 6 months.

Wiltord's left boot

Cant we go for a quickly attainable, cheaper option in this window and then move for a big signing in the summer. We're going to need two anyway with Auba and Laca leaving.

If Isak is the player we've identified then fair enough, the club should move for him now. Just don't want a massive panic buy.

Tom349

Look, I think in Tomiyasu's case he was a thoroughly scouted option, but not necessarily the first option. I could be wrong though, perhaps Arsenal waited till late to take advantage of a quick deal. There are many reasons to think about, but Im sure rash decision making and hoping for the best is not one of those reason's we went in so late.

Ignore him.

We spent all summer looking to sell our right backs and had to settle on loaning out Bellerin to create room for Tomi to come.

It will be the same with a striker this week. Once and if Aubamayeng and Nketiah leave it will open room for a new arrival.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Harsh to suggest Vlahovic values money more than football development. We're not at the level we used to be, the guy could go to one of the top clubs in Europe and play at the highest level if he waits 6 months.
The amount of money he's asking for as well as the outragous agent fee combined with the fact that he prefers a move to Juventus sitting 5th in Serie A says otherwise.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The club have backed themselves into a corner. You can't outcast Auba, let AMN go out on loan without bringing anyone in to replace them.

Absolutely mad, that Arteta has seemingly convinced the club itself, that we have Man City levels of money...players in and out without a care in the world :lol:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think you are giving edu and his minnows way too much credit. Even watching edu and vinais interviews do they come across really knowledgeable people and competent? They really don’t to me. Not only that Edu I’m pretty sure is shady as well

Riou

How much would Brentford Bus Stop FC want for Toney @Rex Banter

It's about £2.50 for a day ticket from my house to town, would it be about the same over there we think?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The amount of money he's asking for as well as the outragous agent fee combined with the fact that he prefers a move to Juventus sitting 5th in Serie A says otherwise.

The guys the second top scorer in Europe over the last year at the age of 21, guys like Lukaku are going for 90m and getting paid 300k a week. It's the market rate for a guy like him. We can't expect to get him and stick him on the same money as squad players.

Juventus are the biggest club in Italy, a rebuild there and subsequently competing in the CL is far simpler there than at Arsenal. If anything Juventus will pay him less than Arsenal as well.

Tom349

Absolutely mad, that Arteta has seemingly convinced the club itself, that we have Man City levels of money...players in and out without a care in the world :lol:

We spent 150m on five players, Chelsea and City spent 100m each on one player alone.

Some of you are so ****ing disingenuous.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's bonkers mate. The thing is though the situation is can still be salvaged, only minimal damaged has really been done in the league (2 dropped points to Burnley). Massive week coming up...

SA Gunner

I think you are giving edu and his minnows way too much credit. Even watching edu and vinais interviews do they come across really knowledgeable people and competent? They really don’t to me. Not only that Edu I’m pretty sure is shady as well

Yeah look I hear you on the Edu comment, his interview with Shreeves left me feeling uneasy for example.

That said, I'm judging the work he has done with transfers. Not all rosy of course, but there is a lot to be happy about at the moment. Enough for me to trust them for the moment.

Riou

We spent 150m on five players, Chelsea and City spent 100m each on one player alone.

Some of you are so ****ing disingenuous.

I mean more so the way we sell players.

Saliba for £30 million, will be sold without even given a chance...Auba given a huge deal, cast him aside and try to sign a new star forward in January of all times...etc.

We don't have City's owners, so for players we have made expensive commitments on, it's weird we give up on them/treat them this way.

Just been a bit of a "interesting" team, since Arteta took over...some good things, but some very bizarre things too.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
I mean more so the way we sell players.

Saliba for £30 million, will be sold without even given a chance...Auba given a huge deal, cast him aside and try to sign a new star forward in January of all times...etc.

We don't have City's owners, so for players we have made expensive commitments on, it's weird we give up on them/treat them this way.

Just been a bit of a "interesting" team, since Arteta took over...some good things, but some very bizarre things too.

Still you blindly support this pretender of a manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom