• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

£50m for DCL is acceptable ?
It’s lies. Everton is not gonna sell their star striker when the fans are in uproar and they looking for new manager. Arsenal are feeding the media lies. Expect them to say Arsenal decided against the signing in the end

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
DCL value is max 40m but because he English played with England that added 10m to his value just like Ramsdale and white . Still not sure it's possible happen this window very likely in summer

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Is this who fans want ? We get this guy and we are stuck with him for 5 years plus atleast.
Not sure this fans want. But he is the best option there with Isak have you seen striker market? Apart from Vlahovic there absolutely no one worth spending money on. We in complicated situations laca and auba will leave but we'll need to replace them

Diesel

Not sure this fans want. But he is the best option there with Isak have you seen striker market? Apart from Vlahovic there absolutely no one worth spending money on. We in complicated situations laca and auba will leave but we'll need to replace them
The thing is Yousif.... do you trust to pull of getting dcl and then timely moving him on for an upgrade within 2 years?..... not a chance. Its in our history to be **** at this and it continues to happen. Xhaka 3rd deal auba bust up after massive extension.. i dont trust us with overpaid one dimensional players. Took us 6 years to lose mustafi. Fans knew he was ****e after 25 games.

pascal_stepanovs

To spend over £50m for that skill set that doesn't include a lot of goals sounds like a second
Laca- esque mistake. None of that four have any kind of scoring pedigree. Well be looking to replace DCL in the summer
We did similar when we signed Togo years ago. The formation wasn't working and we were getting bullied quite a bit and struggling to win 4th. We brought him in, a big raw, blunt instrument work horse and he did the job and we got CL football.

As an individual he wasn't up to much but he was what the team needed at the time. He did get dramatically better too in the coming seasons.

It reminds me a bit of this year. Where we were looking at several big lump forwards. I remember us being linked heavily with Zigic and Samaras before we got Togo. This year it's been Tammi Abraham, Vlavavic or what ever the fook he's called, DLC and that Isak fella.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The thing is Yousif.... do you trust to pull of getting dcl and then timely moving him on for an upgrade within 2 years?..... not a chance. Its in our history to be **** at this and it continues to happen. Xhaka 3rd deal auba bust up after massive extension.. i dont trust us with overpaid one dimensional players. Took us 6 years to lose mustafi. Fans knew he was ****e after 25 games.
No. That's why i say DCL and Isak not worth the money we was going to pay for Vlahovic. Any striker we'll sign it's risk because they not elite goal scores but we'll have to buy one.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We did similar when we signed Togo years ago. The formation wasn't working and we were getting bullied quite a bit and struggling to win 4th. We brought him in, a big raw, blunt instrument work horse and he did the job and we got CL football.

As an individual he wasn't up to much but he was what the team needed at the time. He did get dramatically better too in the coming seasons.

It reminds me a bit of this year. Where we were looking at several big lump forwards. I remember us being linked heavily with Zigic and Samaras before we got Togo. This year it's been Tammi Abraham, Vlavavic or what ever the fook he's called, DLC and that Isak fella.
I hear you and agree on a lot of points, but Ade, assuming he's Togo was a physical behemoth and pretty fast. Injured only once iirc, he played every comp which I think was a first for a Wenger era forward. DCL seems a lot less in every department. I don't even get a peak Giroud feeling with him. I'll be delighted to get this one wrong.

pascal_stepanovs

I hear you and agree on a lot of points, but Ade, assuming he's Togo was a physical behemoth and pretty fast. Injured only once iirc, he played every comp which I think was a first for a Wenger era forward. DCL seems a lot less in every department. I don't even get a peak Giroud feeling with him. I'll be delighted to get this one wrong.
People rubbish Sanogo as a terrible signing all the time. That's nonsense. He was a punt on a promising young player abeit fighting with career threatening injuries. Anyway, i'll not hear a bad word said about him because he was instrumental in us ending our trophy drought. The squad was struggling at the time due to a hell of a lot of injuires to our pacey wingers and ACMs. Our formation was found out and we basically only had Giroud up front and the oppostion always played a high line and we couldn't get out of our own half. No pace to break the lines.

Anyway then the Liverpool semi final in the FA cup comes up. Everybody expects us to get hammered. Then Wenger shocks everybody by starting Sanogo ahead of Giroud. Prior to kick off everybody thought we were a right laughing stock and we're going to get pumped 5-0. The reality out of nowhere Sanogo put in a prime Drogba'esk performance and bullied Liverpool into next week. He did similar when coming on as a sub in the final.

Sometimes a certain non elite player can be the difference. DCL is certainly miles better than young Edward anyway.

it's a pity he never really got over his injuries. There was a player in there.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Forget if Everton will sell or not, but I feel DCL is way better than he's getting credit for. Last season he did well, 16 goals for a sh1t team. His injury has held him back this season. For me he would be way more effective than Auba 2022, Laca and Nketiah. Yes we may go for Isak but I'm happy with either and believe both would get goals.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
People rubbish Sanogo as a terrible signing all the time. That's nonsense. He was a punt on a promising young player abeit fighting with career threatening injuries. Anyway, i'll not hear a bad word said about him because he was instrumental in us ending our trophy drought. The squad was struggling at the time due to a hell of a lot of injuires to our pacey wingers and ACMs. Our formation was found out and we basically only had Giroud up front and the oppostion always played a high line and we couldn't get out of our own half. No pace to break the lines.

Anyway then the Liverpool semi final in the FA cup comes up. Everybody expects us to get hammered. Then Wenger shocks everybody by starting Sanogo ahead of Giroud. Prior to kick off everybody thought we were a right laughing stock and we're going to get pumped 5-0. The reality out of nowhere Sanogo put in a prime Drogba'esk performance and bullied Liverpool into next week. He did similar when coming on as a sub in the final.

Sometimes a certain non elite player can be the difference. DCL is certainly miles better than young Edward anyway.

it's a pity he never really got over his injuries. There was a player in there.
Memories. The difference then was a legendary and brave manager and better players. I think we need that player who can do something for us despite Arteta. I hope you're right and lightning strikes again 🙏

Makavelii

I’ve been assuming he doesn’t score enough goals.

BUT. I just realised that he’s only ever taken penalties this season (2).

That makes his goal ratio very good last season. I wonder if he was taking Evertons penalties, would people not have the same criticisms about his goal ratio?

Latest posts

Top Bottom