• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 286,365

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pulp

Not counting Vlahovic, all these players supposedly rejecting Arsenal are just BS rumors. Not to say that the recruitment has not been poor this window. If you know the January window is hard to do deals in, you should plan accordingly. Some factors beyond Arsenals control (red cards, covid) obviously, but it would be devastating if this window comes back to haunt the club when points are being counted in the end of the season.

GLITCH

Why wait so long for someone who needed convincing? Seems like posturing to me, or Arteta is FoS. He shouldn't even be getting any more money to fix the mess he's made.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Buy Guimaraes and Bentancur and hire Arthur Cabral. Summer move to another ST if it is the case. Be intelligent.

80 millions max, price of some overrated Isak or Vlahovic.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How many decent players do we have on the bench when everyone's fit? One of ESR/Martinelli and Pepe who the manager doesn't rate. Outside of that there's basically nothing. On top of that Lacazette is our number 9.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Hlozek would be genuinely exciting, albeit probably not an immediate game changer. He's gonna cost big though, plus probably not available mid season (if at all)
Think we were rumored to be looking at him 2 years ago. Kind of player you sign and loan to Bundesliga

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
How many decent players do we have on the bench when everyone's fit? One of ESR/Martinelli and Pepe who the manager doesn't rate. Outside of that there's basically nothing. On top of that Lacazette is our number 9.
Lokonga pepe and ESR and auba if forgiven 😂. Other than that not much there

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I don't think Lokonga gets a game for many teams in the league mate. Yep, Auba isn't playing another minute for the club though im afraid.
Logonka is young so at top clubs who rich in quality he won't well even here he couldn't get ahead of our starting CM but from bench he can be considered decent.

Goonger

Now we're back to spinning the story the owners/board won't spend (after spending the most on the planet last summer, mind you) to justify Arteta not getting his boy Vlahovic who was clearly never coming to Arsenal?

You think if that was top of the agenda, a discussion would be had at the start of the window, not at the end of a window lol.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Logonka is young so at top clubs who rich in quality he won't well even here he couldn't get ahead of our starting CM but from bench he can be considered decent.

He's our third choice CM, you'd expect him to get loads of game time and he's well off it for a team that wants to finishing in the top 4.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
He's our third choice CM, you'd expect him to get loads of game time and he's well off it for a team that wants to finishing in the top 4.
That's true but without Europe chance are limited since summer i wanted us to to buy 1 more CM with Lokonga because i felt no much quality there. And we didn't and cost us

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
You think if that was top of the agenda, a discussion would be had at the start of the window, not at the end of a window lol.

Yep. If it was a money problem Arteta would've spent ****ing Christmas over at Stans gifting him watch after watch, but, this has happened just after Vlahovic finally got into the Old Lady's pants and made it very clear getting in bed with Arsenal was never his intention. But spinning it this way through the media, now there's the ready made excuse "we wanted Vlahovic but couldn't afford him" when everything really points in a very different direction. At least good to know Arteta never ****s up his PR.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
From today i won't believe any links even from the Athletic i just feel media love throwing our names for players to get easy clicks.

TriniGunner

The amount of players we are going to have to sign in the summer will be mad. 2 new CFs, 2 new midfielders, probably a winger and a back up keeper.
Rebuilding always takes longer than breaking down. I know we're a bit impatient but as you can see with the Vlahovic issue, it's not always about money; the player AND their agent must want the club as well. Also, I've said before that the longer we're out of Europe, the harder and more expensive it would be for us to attract top talent and it's clearly showing now. The only comfort I'm having right now is that the striker pool around Europe is piss poor at the moment and there's a real lack of quality #9's available in the modern game.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
In summer if nothing happen this window we'll find ourselves in need for 2 CF 2 CM 1 winger and gk those the prime target. Others depends on departures like hopefully some leave so we able sign RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom