• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bruno Guimarães

Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Not bothered if we don't get him, think there's far more proven midfielders out there to target. He might be great but he could just as easily be another Gonalons.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Who do you want?

I think we'll wait till summer to go for a CM and get a stop gap before the end of the window.

I'd be happy with any of Rice, Bellingham, Tielemans, Luiz or even Neves. I really rate McGinn as well but can't see us having any interest in him. Obviously a couple of those are very heavily dependant on getting top 4.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He wouldn’t be one of my first choice players to sign for the midfield position but he’d be a serious upgrade on our current options, so I’d take him here.

It’s a must to sign a first choice midfielder in this window, if we’re serious about our top four aspirations.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I think we'll wait till summer to go for a CM and get a stop gap before the end of the window.

I'd be happy with any of Rice, Bellingham, Tielemans, Luiz or even Neves. I really rate McGinn as well but can't see us having any interest in him. Obviously a couple of those are very heavily dependant on getting top 4.
Yeah I think it’s only Tielemans or Neves that are acutally viable options there and we might well be competing with Manure for them. The first two are out of reach and it seems Villa are trying to mount something and don’t think they’ll let Luiz go tbh.

Also, I just think we need someone in now. Partey’s been missing from time to time through injuries and Xhaka could get suspended anytime. Or get COVID. Don’t see how it’s (good) enough to not get a good mid. Arthur might be enough though

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I think it’s only Tielemans or Neves that are acutally viable options there and we might well be competing with Manure for them. The first two are out of reach and it seems Villa are trying to mount something and don’t think they’ll let Luiz go tbh.

Also, I just think we need someone in now. Partey’s been missing from time to time through injuries and Xhaka could get suspended anytime. Or get COVID. Don’t see how it’s (good) enough to not get a good mid. Arthur might be enough though

Yeah don't get me wrong if we do sign Guimaraes, great as we really need to sign someone there but I won't be gutted if it doesn't happen.

I just feel that the CM position is the most important position to fill in the team, even more so than in attack and I think it's really important we don't get a bit desperate before the end of the window.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
They were the number 1 targets i mean maybe apart from Tomi who was late and it was between him or Emerson but White Ramsdale Ødegaard and Lokonga were the targets we wanted to sign not fancy names i know and no other teams competition for us but was the plan and they got them all.
So basically our target was the fat ugly girl in school that nobody else wanted and who had no better offers so we were ruthless because we beat a queue of 0 people to her? Oh and to add more we actually slipped her a fiver to slow dance with us.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I really like Douglas Luiz but Villa probably view us as rivals the nutters.

Reckon Rice and Bellingham would both happily play here if we qualified for the CL and looked like a side there to stay. So unfortunate. 🥲

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I really like Douglas Luiz but Villa probably view us as rivals the nutters.

Reckon Rice and Bellingham would both happily play here if we qualified for the CL and looked like a side there to stay. So unfortunate. 🥲
Both United and Chelsea would be in for Bellingham and Rice. No chance they would come here

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What's the deal with this Eduardo dude? I didn't think he was an ITK (if they even exist anymore), thought he was just an annoying "top gooner". Why's his tweets constantly being posted here?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Perfect time for us to swoop if Melo has fallen through. They should do this one and go for a striker in the summer. Unless DCL is available now, there's no "season changing" option available anyway.

Malky

Established Member
If he's this highly rated, for £30-35m, it's a player we should be trying to bring in?
What's the alternative? Arteta hoping Partey, Xhaka, and Lokonga will be enough to get us top 4 where we can bring in the world class CM?

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

If he's this highly rated, for £30-35m, it's a player we should be trying to bring in?
What's the alternative? Arteta hoping Partey, Xhaka, and Lokonga will be enough to get us top 4 where we can bring in the world class CM?
Tets is all over the place, begging for funds. No plan whatsoever.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Tets is all over the place, begging for funds. No plan whatsoever.
I very much doubt this, I expect there has been meticulous planning since the summer window shut.

Just because targets aren't available, have had their heads turned by other clubs, we can't clear space in the squad, Stan won't sanction spending or many other reasons doesn't mean there isn't a plan.

Having a plan and having all the pieces fall into place to execute the plan is a very different thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom