• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bruno Guimarães

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Happy for Bruno, that he is thinking longterm.
He know that he will suffer in the next 1,5 years, has to play one year in the Championsship probably.
But after that he will challenge for the big titles with a big wage in the bag.

It's pretty obvious, that we weren't interested in him in summer or this winter.
The club had other priorities last summer (the wrong ones in my opinion), but this winter we just wanted a short cover for the January. This has failed anyway, so i wouldn't be surprise if we wait until the next transfer period if we don't get some short loan like Arthur.
Newcastle won't challenge for the league in the next 5 years. Maybe even 10.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
They have a 3-year-plan to win the Champions League.
Think they will go for Arteta in summer due to this.
I have a 3 year plan to pull miss World. Doesn't mean its going to happen.

Trippier, Wood etc aren't getting Newcastle anywhere near mid table. Which means they will need at least 3 or 4 transfer windows to improve on that at which point they may be close to EL spots. It would take them years to get on par with the top 2 or 3 clubs who also have unlimited resources but more status.

This isn't like Chelsea or City were no one could compete with their spending. And even then sometimes it wasn't enough.

Kysus

Feels a bit like Buendia where most of AM was angry about us missing out on this super amazing new cazorla hybrid.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The club have to get Arthur over the line at this point. If they do I think there is some scope to maybe play a 433 (with Arthur and Ødegaard ahead of Partey), which hopefully will improve us going forward a bit as it looks like we aren't getting a 9. Clutching at straws though...

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

Olympique Lyonnais categorically denies the false information disseminated by many media reporting an agreement between Newcastle and OL for the transfer of Brazilian international midfielder Bruno Guimaraes.

Didn't they do this with Lacazette as well?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

People acting like it’s a good thing that we missed out on him 🤣

Reality check needed since we have an underwhelming trio of Partey, Lokonga and Xhaka as our midfield options.
Yeah can’t say I know much about the player but our starting midfield is decent and our bench options are relegation standard.

Will be interesting to see how he performs.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Olympique Lyonnais categorically denies the false information disseminated by many media reporting an agreement between Newcastle and OL for the transfer of Brazilian international midfielder Bruno Guimaraes.

Didn't they do this with Lacazette as well?
Yes. But it was rejected bid if i remember

Reactions: A_G

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Did anyone care about this guy a couple of weeks ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom