• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Fabregasm

he suits us more than people realise
he’d probably score more than 16 goals each year too if he avoids injury… he’d do well for us in my opinion

That's the reality, if we gonna sign someone in EPL people only want that shiny striker that Bayern, Barca, PSG is trying to sign as well. Otherwise they gonna trust that 5 mins video of baller that they have not seen played live in matches of other league. This will give the impression of not "overspending" and rather buying a chance for unproven player to be unearthed in the league. (did anyone complaint much when we signed Pepe for 70m or 53m for Laca?)
DCL is perfect fit, every time I seen him play he impacts the game as a target man even without scoring. who cares about overspending, we have other top teams paying crazy transfer fee and ended up putting those players on the bench most of time if they didn't perform but pretty sure DCL will be a starter given what we have now.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
To spend over £50m for that skill set that doesn't include a lot of goals sounds like a second
Laca- esque mistake. None of that four have any kind of scoring pedigree. Well be looking to replace DCL in the summer
Dont forget Laca was best part of 50m years ago. Then a few months later Arsène dropped 50m+ on Auba.
Lets be honest they both need replacing.

Thats why I was fine with the possibility of Tammy Abraham in the summer.
Little guaranteed quality available & i highly doubt prices have dropped.

Now i dont think DCL is anywhere near perfect, however he has some good attributes & room to improve.
Doubt Everton will let him go tbh.
I quite like Ollie Watkins, works hard but may not be clinical enough.
I bet Villa wouldnt let him leave, If they did I doubt it would be for less than 50m though.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
How is it remotely possible to get DCL in now; Everton don't need the money and they are potentially in a relegation battle. Why would you sell your best striker in this position.

pascal_stepanovs

How is it remotely possible to get DCL in now; Everton don't need the money and they are potentially in a relegation battle. Why would you sell your best striker in this position.
Sure who knows whats's in his contract. There could be all sorts of clauses based around big clubs (cough and us) where they have to accept if a certain decent size offer comes in. That's why he has an agent. To cover his future for these sort of times.

Malky

Established Member
Not a chance Everton sell him in the last few days of the window.
On the very, very small chance they would consider selling, it would take a ridiculous offer from us. And by ridiculous I mean £70m+

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Not a chance Everton sell him in the last few days of the window.
On the very, very small chance they would consider selling, it would take a ridiculous offer from us. And by ridiculous I mean £70m+

Even then risking PL surivial probably isn't worth it. It'll be Jovic loan or bust for strikers

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I’ve been assuming he doesn’t score enough goals.

BUT. I just realised that he’s only ever taken penalties this season (2).

That makes his goal ratio very good last season. I wonder if he was taking Evertons penalties, would people not have the same criticisms about his goal ratio?
Think his goals per game ratio is nearly 1 in 2 isn't it based on per 90 minutes last season? He's a goal machine but they are almost exclusively from the centre of the penalty box.

DCL is very good at what he does, but he's just quite a limited sort of striker. As one of two options he wouldn't be a terrible idea, I suppose I just worry that if we spend £70m + on him then that's it - we won't have that to spend on another striker in the near future... But then there's a chance that one of Martinelli or Balogun steps up over the next 12 months I suppose.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
I rate DCL. Not world class but quality no 9. He's like a mix of poacher and target man. He has great movement, very good playing in a team who likes to cross like arteta's crossing style, he's actually pretty decent in his hold up play.

Arsenal4life14

I wouldnt mind DCL, Hes a pretty good all round striker, He works hard, Good movement, hes good in the air, very strong player. Of course he still has much to learn but in general whenever i saw him for Everton he was usually one of their best players on the pitch.

Either way were probably going to need 2 new strikers come next season with Auba, Laca and Nketiah probably leaving, I dont mind DCL being one of them. But we shouldnt spend more than 50 million.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I rate DCL. Not world class but quality no 9. He's like a mix of poacher and target man. He has great movement, very good playing in a team who likes to cross like arteta's crossing style, he's actually pretty decent in his hold up play.
The performance after injury been worrying that what put most people off he was very good last season

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He's still 24 so plenty of times to regain his form back. He scored 3 in the first 3 matches this season. I think he will be fine.
To be fair to him he playing with team in mess. For us he best out there with Isak don't think there more respectable options the CF market is poor

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Injuries are a concern but that aside I think DCL is the most suited player to the style the manager wishes to play. He's come on leaps and bounds in the last couple of years and he's already acclimatised to the league.

I don't think Everton will sell for non silly money this window ( If they have any sense) but anyone we do go for this window is going to cost silly money.

Who cares if he has some odd fashion choices, he's not doing anyone any harm with it and it's not like he plays like a schoolgirl on the pitch.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Some reactions from the Everton faithful:
-------------------------------------------------
-I feel like If we lose either of DCL or Richarlison we are getting relegated. These two and Douc are key figures we need to build around, not lose them.

-Will he play for us again or be gone in January. Very concerned now.

-I saw him kiss his badge 😡 that means he is here for life!

-He would be the ideal striker for Moyes but I dont see West Ham stumping up that type of cash

-Lots of online rumours swirling about Dom going to Arsenal and him being open to the move. I still don't see it happening, at least not this window.

-Love the lad but you couldn't blame him being open to a move right now.

-I don't want to think about selling any of our better players until we survive this seaso

-60 mil and hes yours very hit and miss anyway but has to be replaced

-If someone was willing to pay £60mil for him, I don't see how we could afford to turn that down. The only part of his game that matches a player worthy of that price tag is his phsyical ability

-To be fair he still can't finish. I don't care how many goals he scores...the amount of 1 on 1's he misses is incredible. That said, I give him huge credit for getting into those scoring positions.

-He isn’t a natural finisher, but I would much rather have him than 60m. He offers so much more to the team than goals.

-He adds a steel to a team of flowers, aggression, a not give up attitude, and Wrangler jeans!

-And £60m? Arsenal paid £50m for Ben White. Sorry, but for the mess we’ll be in without Dom (see this season as apparently he was going to save the season for Rafa when we couldn’t score for ****) we would need to be looking at more than £70m for it to be worthwhile for us. I’m not for one minute saying he is a £70m footballer, but we’ll struggle to attract a goal scorer so we need more.

-Should we sell? For something like £40m plus Nketiah (since we'd need an immediate replacement), I'd be tempted.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's still 24 so plenty of times to regain his form back. He scored 3 in the first 3 matches this season. I think he will be fine.
I get what you’re saying but I think it’s a slightly spurious argument as Everton and Tottenham were flying after the first 3 games, and both teams have replaced their managers. He is still stuck on 3 goals now, seeing as he’s been injured for most of the time, that’s not surprising. He did move from 15 to 21 goals last year over the previous, so in that sense, there’s potential.

Top Bottom