• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 282,706

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Think we should take Gakpo and Douglas Luiz this January. Move on Elneny and Nketiah while we still have a chance. Gakpo to me is very much a wide forward but he is tall and more durable so maybe he could function as a striker with enough work. Losing out to Bruno hurts, I can't even hide the pain, but signing a dedicated ball-winner is a good thing. I like Luiz a lot and he can essentially be what Torreria was supposed to be.

In the summer we should go for Darwin Nunez. People saying there isn't enough good players in the world are being myopic. We shopped in Italy and England for the first time in years and got some great players. Not every window we only look at France or Spain. Arsenal have never really looked at the Portuguese league and I think we should. United got Bruno in January, City got Dias, Wolves signed Jimenez and Neves etc. Looking back at the older transfers too. David Luiz, Carvahlo, Nani, Ronaldo, Ricardo Pereria, Matic, Deco and our own Tavares.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I'm new to this forum but I've been reading for quite some time. I thought maybe it's time to create an account. And I immediately thought let me introduce a player who is probably not on the radar of most people here, maybe just the Eredivisie followers.

His name is Cody Mathès Gakpo and I think he has a great future ahead of him. Currently playing for PSV (my other love besides Arsenal).

Cody is 22 and a flashy winger who plays with a lot of speed and dribbling he is not afraid to put in a lot of work ethic. His strengths are his shot and his dribble. He likes to play in the combination and has a good overview and vision. He already went to the Euro's 2020 last summer and has been a starter lately (before he got injured, already back now) at the Netherlands squad and he is going to get a big role under Louis van Gaal.

His market value is estimated at 22 million euros according to the transfer market. I think PSV will agree for 35 euros million.

Has played 25 games in all competitions (QCL, EL, Eredivisie & Dutch Cup) and gave 10 goals and 10 assists. He has also been injured otherwise these statistics would have increased even further.

I would say watch the video below and then you will understand why I recommend this player.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Its a no from me guys. He is a good talent but already 23 in may and only just started to play well last season and this season.

We’ve been here before. He is a winger not a striker, we have Saka and Martinelli. Not the guy for us. I havent read the posts above, thats how little I care, but if there are guys talking about cf build and shooting technique of a striker they are talking out of their ass. Not a striker.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Its a no from me guys. He is a good talent but already 23 in may and only just started to play well last season and this season.

We’ve been here before. He is a winger not a striker, we have Saka and Martinelli. Not the guy for us. I havent read the posts above, thats how little I care, but if there are guys talking about cf build and shooting technique of a striker they are talking out of their ass. Not a striker.
Van Basten warned him you are not ready for a move abroad. Said he only been good for one year and need to do it moreat home

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I always want these exciting young players and we never get them. I really wanted ASM when he was at Nice. I wanted Cabral. feel the same about Gakpo.

You can't be worried about where he will play. We need options. Martinelli, ESR, Saka, Ødegaard. That is 4 players for 3 positions when you consider that we don't really use Pepe and Auba isn't an option.

This is the kind of signing Bayern make. If we get him and Luiz in I will be happy.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We only have Saka and Martinelli. We actually need a winger. When did 22 become old?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I always want these exciting young players and we never get them. I really wanted ASM when he was at Nice. I wanted Cabral. feel the same about Gakpo.

You can't be worried about where he will play. We need options. Martinelli, ESR, Saka, Ødegaard. That is 4 players for 3 positions when you consider that we don't really use Pepe and Auba isn't an option.

This is the kind of signing Bayern make. If we get him and Luiz in I will be happy.
We got 17 games left of the season. There won’t be much change because we will have enough rest between games. A rw is not really needed as we already have saka and pepe playing there. Use pepe until end of the season when needed

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

This is such a good post, I think everyone should read this twice.

I was a big advocate for us signing a wide player last summer, I wanted ASM but people like @HairSprayGooners and others were telling me that it wasn’t necessary. If you look at the strikers available around Europe there isn’t really any top quality on the market, therefore it’s best to go for a position whereby we can seriously upgrade in.

Someone like Diaz would be my ideal signing as those are fantastic numbers for a wide player, if we can get that and a CM then we’d start shaping the squad really nicely when a striker becomes available in the summer or towards the end of the year. At the moment all the CF options we’ve been linked with are very risky for the fees being thrown around, I’d like to see how they do over a bigger sample size. My gut feeling is they’ll be better options available in 6 months or so.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed

I get your point and I always like all your detailed posts but not every young player can be deemed a success and has a element of high risk (specifically the ones from weaker european leagues). For eg. I remember you wishlisting Joelinton when he was playing for Hoffenheim.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Not sure why we'd wait for Auba to leave to sign the player, links rubbish anyway so thanks @American_Gooner.

Also we have ESR & Martinelli holding down the left-wing not sure we need to sign a left-sided player with potential.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Not sure why we'd wait for Auba to leave to sign the player, links rubbish anyway so thanks @American_Gooner.

Also we have ESR & Martinelli holding down the left-wing not sure we need to sign a left-sided player with potential.

Give Martinelli a chance up front imo, that’s where he’ll eventually want to play plus there will be less pressure if we’ll be getting goals/assist from Diaz.

Anyways, would you pass up on a player that has been getting 14 goals in 18 appearances for players who haven’t been getting anywhere near those numbers? Before you say it’s the Portuguese league etc Bruno Fernandes has shown that it’s possible to replicate similar numbers in the PL, even Ruben Neves who you’ve been twerking for hasn’t really taken that much time to adapt to English football.

If a player with fantastic numbers becomes available then you sign them. That’s where as a club we’ve been behind other clubs around Europe, Pepe is the main one that springs to mind as he had very good numbers at Lille but I still think he’s a good goalscorer that hasn’t managed to fit our system.

Diaz + a CM would be a solid window imo then we can reassess the striker options in the summer when Lacazette departs. The worst thing for us right now would be to spend huge on some like DCL who doesn’t represent value imo.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Give Martinelli a chance up front imo, that’s where he’ll eventually want to play plus there will be less pressure if we’ll be getting goals/assist from Diaz.

Anyways, would you pass up on a player that has been getting 14 goals in 18 appearances for players who haven’t been getting anywhere near those numbers? Before you say, it’s the Portuguese league etc Bruno Fernandes has shown that it’s possible to replicate similar numbers in the PL, even Ruben Neves who you’ve been twerking for hasn’t really taken that much time to adapt to English football.

If a player with fantastic numbers becomes available then you sign them. That’s where as a club we’ve been behind other clubs around Europe, Pepe is the main one that springs to mind as he had very good numbers at Lille but I still think he’s a good goalscorer that hasn’t managed to fit our system.

Woah, hold those horses.

I don't think Martinelli will ever move to CF tbh, I think every time he's had a good game for us it's been from the left-wing. And no I am not saying we shouldn't pass up on a player who's an improvement, it's more a priority thing.

Martinelli should hopefully see the season out at LW and depending on how he does is when we should look to either improve or let him keep the spot, if anything we need a replacement for Pepe on the RW because he's not being used at all.

I get what you're saying but let's get the CM and ST roles filled before we try and replace wingers who in my opinion have been doing really well for us.

Reactions: Kav
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom