• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bruno Guimarães

Status
Not open for further replies.

upthegun

I really like Douglas Luiz but Villa probably view us as rivals the nutters.

Reckon Rice and Bellingham would both happily play here if we qualified for the CL and looked like a side there to stay. So unfortunate. 🥲
Douglas Luiz would be excellent for us I think. He won’t leave though as your right they seem to be putting a team together. It also doesn’t help that his new Mrs is Alisha Lehmann who also plays for Villa!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Did anyone care about this guy a couple of weeks ago?
In summer yes because we were very interested. This window we not linked the media keep saying we interested but that about it we didn't make bid or approach that's mean we moved on. He was my wishlist to replace Xhaka.

upthegun

Olympique Lyonnais categorically denies the false information disseminated by many media reporting an agreement between Newcastle and OL for the transfer of Brazilian international midfielder Bruno Guimaraes.

Didn't they do this with Lacazette as wel
Yes.

He tweets they accepted a bid. Lyon now deny any agreement and now he’s saying they’re working on the details. He’s a ****.
Just recycles reports from lesser known journos/reporters.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Yeah can’t say I know much about the player but our starting midfield is decent and our bench options are relegation standard.

Will be interesting to see how he performs.

True, I don’t know much about him too but I’m sure he’d be an upgrade on our current options.

I’d even take Douglas Luiz from Aston Villa. I think he’d be a better option than what we currently have.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Douglas Luiz would be excellent for us I think. He won’t leave though as your right they seem to be putting a team together. It also doesn’t help that his new Mrs is Alisha Lehmann who also plays for Villa!
Luiz is the type of player that we definitely could have signed if we were playing in Europe ffs. 😡

Most mid-table teams think they're better than us these days.:lol:

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka

Olympique Lyonnais categorically denies the false information disseminated by many media reporting an agreement between Newcastle and OL for the transfer of Brazilian international midfielder Bruno Guimaraes.

Didn't they do this with Lacazette as well?

Same thing happened with Ndombele, Mendy and Fekir before his Liverpool move fell through.

They're a publicly traded company so they deny stuff publicly so their stock doesn't tank. They also have to make any announcement of significant business to stock exchange first.

EDIT: exactly the same statement r.e. Mendy. He signed a week later.

Reactions: A_G

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Luiz is the type of player that we definitely could have signed if we were playing in Europe ffs. 😡

Most mid-table teams think they're better than us these days.:lol:
He only has 18th months left and doesn't look like signing though. So we have a chance.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Unreal right - We should’ve been trying to close this one first week of Jan. Midfield options are shocking!
I don't get the Douglas Luis comparisons either. Villa are trying to offload Luis and have just signed a replacement basically. Guimaraes has been statistically one of the best DLP's in Europe for two years now. People will talk about Ligue Un and all that, but this is a major coup for Newcastle. Bad news for us (although I don't doubt we'll go for a top tier target when they finally get their sh*t together)

Goonger

I don't get the Douglas Luis comparisons either. Villa are trying to offload Luis and have just signed a replacement basically. Guimaraes has been statistically one of the best DLP's in Europe for two years now. People will talk about Ligue Un and all that, but this is a major coup for Newcastle. Bad news for us (although I don't doubt we'll go for a top tier target when they finally get their sh*t together)

Is Luiz rated higher than Guimaraes in his homeland? I'm just wondering because surely Edu of all people will know their games well? They played in the same Olympic team, but Luiz has more senior caps it seems and are roughly same age, Luiz being 6 months younger.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I don't rate Luiz higher than Guimaraes, based on limited viewing of both, mind. I do like both players as an option.

To throw a new name in the hat: how is Konrad Laimer doing recently? Great pressing machine at 6. Would be happy if we throw money at RB Leipzig for him.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Luiz seems more of a ball winner as oppose to BG who seems more a DLP type. The club may see BG as too similar to Xhaka, so are going for different types: Arthur/Douglas Luiz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom