• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dejan Kulusevski

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Psi Sports had him in the top 10 fastest wingers for Serie A. Someone posted some stuff on it a while back. Agree though, not what we need necessarily. Interesting player though but a bit of a gamble with his current form.
Giroud looks fast in Serie A.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Psi Sports had him in the top 10 fastest wingers for Serie A. Someone posted some stuff on it a while back. Agree though, not what we need necessarily. Interesting player though but a bit of a gamble with his current form.

I bet Lacazette will outrun half the wingers in Serie A.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He ranks as the 23rd fastest player in Serie A so far this season at 34.92km/h. For comparison Auba was clocked at 35.5km/h last year. So not really slow.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
He ranks as the 23rd fastest player in Serie A so far this season at 34.92km/h. For comparison Auba was clocked at 35.5km/h last year. So not really slow.
So he's basically faster than 90% of the players in the league. That's categorically not a slow player, though I think that players without explosive acceleration are a bit less effective even if they have a fast top speed.

Where did you get that data out of info?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
So he's basically faster than 90% of the players in the league. That's categorically not a slow player, though I think that players without explosive acceleration are a bit less effective even if they have a fast top speed.

Where did you get that data out of info?

The Auba one I read on Twitter a little while ago.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
It's pretty relevant if the accusation is that a player is slow don't you think? Doesn't mean he's what we need or he solves our issues though.

More interested in acceleration, anyways. I remember during Emery's reign Auba posting the speed test for the team and Suprised quite a lot of folks.

Think Sokratis was among the fastest. Players like Xhaka and Holding weren't the slowest, iirc., despite felling like they move as tankers on the pitch.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
More interested in acceleration, anyways. I remember during Emery's reign Auba posting the speed test for the team and Suprised quite a lot of folks.

Think Sokratis was among the fastest. Players like Xhaka and Holding weren't the slowest, iirc., despite felling like they move as tankers on the pitch.
Yeah, I pretty much agree - both are important but players seem to decline quicker when they lose acceleration whereas you can still get to a pretty quick top speed eventually but it takes ages as you get older... I know this from experience!

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Kulusevski was tearing Spain apart on the counter in our 2-1 qualifier win in September. I don't know if Kulusevski is the type of player we need but I'm not having that he's slow. He definitely has the ability to beat a man. He definitely prefers to run with the ball at his feet rather than running off-the ball though and his speed running with the ball is more impressive than his speed running without it.

Goonger

So, rather than Jovic persuading Vlahovic we're great, we've switched tact and will use Kulusevski (& Ødegaard) to help persuade Isak in the summer. Nice.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Don’t need him. We have 4 good wingers. 2 on each side.
They will likely use Martinelli in the middle if we get a winger.

Earlier I would have said that Martinelli doesn't work so well in the middle, but his all-round game and hold-up play has improved.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
They will likely use Martinelli in the middle if we get a winger.

Earlier I would have said that Martinelli doesn't work so well in the middle, but his all-round game and hold-up play has improved.
What game made you change your mind about Martinellis hold up play? Was that against 2 centre backs? Or his hold up play out wide against a full back smaller than him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom