• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 282,733

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Nobody thinks bridges can be built, but Arteta might be forced to use him if he’s still here after January. I mean, I don’t see where the goals are coming from atm.

He’s not going to be forced to use him is he? We couldn’t create **** all and had a run of no wins in 11 games and Özil never made a match day squad. Auba is done.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
70m? :lol:

Please.

Such comments really have me shake my head in disbelieve. That is exactly why I have a hard time discussing players with a lot of people on forums like this - all I see in this video is a not so successful game that every single worldclass player on this earth has dozens of.

Much rather, it includes quite a lot of positives despite obviously being not his best and most successful display.
He's been on the ball and in potentially dangerous situations constantly, he's almost scored a goal with his header, if it wasnt for a heroic save at the last minute, he kept the defense busy all the time, it's Real Madrid, he's still pretty young.

People drawing conclusions and making up their mind about a player based on such a video are really not people you would want to make your scouting reports.

And I ain't even saying that I have seen enough to say he's definitely our best option to go with or worth the price tag.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Such comments really have me shake my head in disbelieve. That is exactly why I have a hard time discussing players with a lot of people on forums like this - all I see in this video is a not so successful game that every single worldclass player on this earth has dozens of.

Much rather, it includes quite a lot of positives despite obviously being not his best and most successful display.
He's been on the ball and in potentially dangerous situations constantly, he's almost scored a goal with his header, if it wasnt for a heroic save at the last minute, he kept the defense busy all the time, it's Real Madrid, he's still pretty young.

People drawing conclusions and making up their mind about a player based on such a video are really not people you would want to make your scouting reports.

And I ain't even saying that I have seen enough to say he's definitely our best option to go with or worth the price tag.
People have different opinions. No point getting frustrated about it. I'm not saying Isak doesn't have potential, he clearly does. I'm saying he isn't an instant impact player, in which case, we are better off waiting until the summer to see who else is becomes available. Imagine we spend 70m on Isak, only for Gabriel Jesus to become available, for example.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

People have different opinions. No point getting frustrated about it. I'm not saying Isak doesn't have potential, he clearly does. I'm saying he isn't an instant impact player, in which case, we are better off waiting until the summer to see who else is becomes available. Imagine we spend 70m on Isak, only for Gabriel Jesus to become available, for example.
Jesus is not a striker and asked pep not to play him as one hence why you never see him there for City. He only plays as right forward now

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s not going to be forced to use him is he? We couldn’t create **** all and had a run of no wins in 11 games and Özil never made a match day squad. Auba is done.
Think this situation is different, we have a very capable player who we might need for our top 4 chances. Arteta could afford to dump Özil, nothing was really on the line and much of the fan base agreed Özil was finished.

Auba is done, I just think if he’s still here Arteta will patch things up and try to pull a few games out of him if he needs goals.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think we have things ready to go in terms of incomings, I’m just wondering what sort of quality they’ll be this late in the window.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I think we have things ready to go in terms of incomings, I’m just wondering what sort of quality they’ll be this late in the window.

No we don't, it's the weekend and most aren't at work, think we're done for incoming

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It shows a few things to me:

- How raw he is
- How deep he drops
- How he doesn't really attack the ball in the box
- How he holds onto the ball for too long
- How much his legs resemble Tammy Abraham

He may well go on to be a very good striker, but we already have inconsistent players in Martinelli, Saka, ESR. We need a sure thing.
He is raw.
He drops deep because he has too, but has the pace to catch up quite play. After he passes he moves instantly.
He attacked two headers in the box and had a shot blocked in the box.
All players hold the ball too long at times, but he is explosive. He passes it and moves at pace.
Literally knit picking with his legs.

The same people who want DCL, will be complaining when he gets in a 1v1 situation and can't beat his man to create his own chance. Or the fact that he won't score any goals from outside the box.

Isak isn't complete, but if he puts everything together he becomes a massive danger as he has so many tools at his disposal. He may not be good in the air, but he does attempt to compete there.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Some of us work 24/7 bro, them tuk tuks don’t drive themselves.

I have sauces that Arsenal are pushing for two 20 year olds straight outta Brazil, don’t know who though.

Hearing your boy Luiz depends on that Juve player.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Some of us work 24/7 bro, them tuk tuks don’t drive themselves.

I have sauces that Arsenal are pushing for two 20 year olds straight outta Brazil, don’t know who though.

Heard @OnlyOne was short for his rent this week, so Fiddy ended up paying for him.

Short man problems.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Sorry, was probably a bit harsh, but your post appeared to hold a much stronger message in that Isak is **** because of this irrelevant video.

I agree, he's a big risk

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
If Isak or Calvert-Lewin are now seen as the top targets at CF by the club, I find it pointless to wait till the summer to stick the money down for either of them, especially if they'd still be seen as the main targets come the end of season anyway.

I'm not sure any of them are the answer, felt the same way about Vlahovic too, but if they potentially help get top 4 this season then surely that's worth the risk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom