• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 282,762

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
If Isak or Calvert-Lewin are now seen as the top targets at CF by the club, I find it pointless to wait till the summer to stick the money down for either of them, especially if they'd still be seen as the main targets come the end of season anyway.

I'm not sure any of them are the answer, felt the same way about Vlahovic too, but if they potentially help get top 4 this season then surely that's worth the risk?

If we sign Isak in the summer, it's simply stupidity - the release clause will hold there just the same and we lose put on any glimmer of hope for top 4 and a good end to the season.

From a business point of view for Kroenke, it does not make sense to block it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If Isak or Calvert-Lewin are now seen as the top targets at CF by the club, I find it pointless to wait till the summer to stick the money down for either of them, especially if they'd still be seen as the main targets come the end of season anyway.

I'm not sure any of them are the answer, felt the same way about Vlahovic too, but if they potentially help get top 4 this season then surely that's worth the risk?

Prices are massively inflated in January. Why are Everton selling you DCL when a new manager is coming in and they’ll have no replacement for him this late in the window, same for Isak. You’ll have to pay waaay over the odds.

I rather not sign anybody now and wait till the summer.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Prices are massively inflated in January. Why are Everton selling you DCL when a new manager is coming in and they’ll have no replacement for him this late in the window, same for Isak. You’ll have to pay waaay over the odds.

I rather not sign anybody now and wait till the summer.

I get that but if DCL comes in for example, scores a few and we get top 4 then we've got what are aiming for. If we don't sign him now and finish 5th then we're still going to have spend big in the summer but with no CL money.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Isak has a release clause? Then we simply don’t rate him enough do we?

You think there's a difference in price from now and summer for Isak ? Think it's twice his release clause regadless.

This make my argument - if he really is the first target after losing out on Vlahovic, there's more damage done if you wait

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You think there's a difference in price from now and summer for Isak ? Think it's twice his release clause regadless.

This make my argument - if he really is the first target after losing out on Vlahovic, there's more damage done if you wait
Players are always cheaper in the summer than winter

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
We're gonna have a striker Kim Kallstrom like signing on a 6 month loan before going all out for Isak or David in the summer. Its crystal clear. This is why we need to take the Morata rumors seriously

jeremypkw

Juve going for Zakaria, it's mental how many midfielders they have;
Rabiot
Locatelli
McKennie
Arthur
Bentacur
Ramsey

Surely one of them is gettable, every player their improves us.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Which striker would I sign? Isak or David

Would personally just bid big on David and see what happens. Prove their will.

Then try for Isak.

Remember last summer, when we said we wanted to have David signed as an investment for little bucks. Either loan and at least get the money back or have a gem

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Would personally just bid big on David and see what happens. Prove their will.

Then try for Isak.
Lille paid 27 million euros for him and he has 3,5 years in contract.

He's gonna be overpriced for his experience currently. I doubt Arsenal pays enough for what Lille want, especially in January window.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
Lille paid 27 million euros for him and he has 3,5 years in contract.

He's gonna be overpriced for his experience currently. I doubt Arsenal pays enough for what Lille want, especially in January window.
I dont know what Lille wants but 75m maybe enough

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
If we sign Isak in the summer, it's simply stupidity - the release clause will hold there just the same and we lose put on any glimmer of hope for top 4 and a good end to the season.

Yeah if Isak or DCL are going to remain the main targets that we'd have going into the summer anyway then I don't see why you don't go for either of them now when they have the potential to help you get top 4.

If we're unsure on going for them this month then that tells me perhaps we still have doubts on them. Is the list of targets going to change that much in 6 months though? I don't think so.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Sticking point for Isak would be if the reports about him not wanting to move now in January is true. If true however it doesn't seem to be a Vlahovic situation where he prefers another club and doesn't rate Arsenal but simply rather that he doesn't want to move clubs in the middle of the season.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Lads enough with the mentions of David and Isak. We have to wait till the summer for that. For now, it's either Morata or bust

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I dont know what Lille wants but 75m maybe enough
Something like that, but after Pepe, I'm quite sure the club won't put out such money for 1,5 seasons experience player. Unless it is some amazing prospect like Vlahovic.

Plus there are these rumours that he might not be as good as lone striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom