• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2021/22: Race For Top 4

Do you believe we will finish in the top 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Many here forget the last game xhaka/partey played together was vs. top ranked team in PL whom we were dominating until we were robbed by the refs. In all games since, we've operated a makeshift MF, to which all our total lack of offence can be attributed, because we had no one else in MF with sufficient quality to move the ball to our attackers in the middle of the pitch with speed and we were forced into the U-shaped failed offence many of us are familar with from late 2020.

So the games were a free hit / **** planning from Edteta, depending on your opinion of those 2. But so long as those xhaka/partey can regain their December form and don't get hurt, we still have a good shot at Top 4.

Yes we did well against City which did buy Arteta goodwill in my eyes.

Also yes it's true that we've struggled in MF since then but a few things to point out;

1. We knew about AFCON beforehand and inevitably we will go through periods when our first choice MF isn't available, it does not suddenly make those games "freehits". I'm sick to death of that ridiculous phrase, no game is a freehit, we have a squad for a reason. And momentum is important.

Sure I'm not that upset about dropping out of the cups (for me top 4 is the priority) but back to back to back bad performances isn't good.

2. We played Nottingham Forest, Burnley and a Liverpool side without their two best attackers.

Let's even ignore Liverpool because fair enough they are a strong team even without Mo/Mane.

Missing your starting MF isn't an excuse to look so timid and flat against Forest and Burnley.

I do agree that top 4 is still on but we will have to start performing better and I'm not fully convinced that even with Partey and Xhaka we will suddenly perform consistently well for a long period.

We seem to go through patches of good form but can easily throw up absolutely shocking displays and then continue to look terrible.

We will see.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
You feel Wolves away could make or break our season, tbh.

Win and that could kick start our push for Champions League, during our run in.

Lose and we are down to 8th again, ffs.

Pretty much all of our issues since 2016 (losing the title to Leicester, dropping out of the Top 4 and then Top 6) can all be put down to our poor away form (last season without fans doesn't count, imo) and our away form this season is "inconsistent" at best...losing another big away game to Wolves could really damage us, both in terms of league table and psychologically... absolutely need a win, to get some belief that we can do something this season.

I’m sorry Riou but this is just not it.

A poor result against Wolves would dent our aspirations yes, but it’s certainly not such an important game for our season, simply because there are sixteen games to go thereafter.

There are no magical, mystical one off decider games for now. It’s about the hard points scoring, which we will do.

The main point is, are we able to repeat a level of consistency that put us in the top four picture in the first place. Statistically and historically we stand a chance because the games left are ones we back ourselves to win.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I’m sorry Riou but this is just not it.

A poor result against Wolves would dent our aspirations yes, but it’s certainly not such an important game for our season, simply because there are sixteen games to go thereafter.

There are no magical, mystical one off decider games for now. It’s about the hard points scoring, which we will do.

The main point is, are we able to repeat a level of consistency that put us in the top four picture in the first place. Statistically and historically we stand a chance because the games left are ones we back ourselves to win.

Your positive vibes are an inspiration, SA.

If we get Champions League, I will raise my glass to you!

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Your positive vibes are an inspiration, SA.

If we get Champions League, I will raise my glass to you!

We just need to keep fit, stay healthy and watch our discipline. If we can do that, our rhythm will come back.

Im confident in what I'm seeing on the pitch, Arteta and team have us playing structured, tactically aware football. Not perfect of course as it does need our best XI, but good enough to give us a chance if we do have those players.

Dont worry, Im not pulling these good vibes out my arse :)

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
We have lost a few yes. But our best 11 right now is the same team that got us upto 4th spot. The challenge now is fielding that 11 every week and avoiding red cards. We have seen that 11 perform but as soon as 1 of them is injured or out then the system folds.
It’s like we are suggesting we only need to go a few weeks without injuries; it is 17 games, we are likely to have a large number of injuries across that period plus some COVID. Have we ever gone along such a period without picking up any injuries,

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
It’s like we are suggesting we only need to go a few weeks without injuries; it is 17 games, we are likely to have a large number of injuries across that period plus some COVID. Have we ever gone along such a period without picking up any injuries,
Its a dead cert that one our attackers will be booted into the air and injured within the first few mins after the winter break restart. The ref wont book the opposition player and VAR will not be used.

No tears.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Top 4 seems very unlikely, but then it always was unless we landed a top name. I honestly don't know where we'll end up... I think this team has got a 5th place finish in them, but it will need all of the players we have got to perform including the fringe players like Cedric, Pepe, Lokonga etc.

It's not impossible and we know there is quality + some advantages to a tight squad. If we get some form and luck with injuries we could be there or there about's.

Very disappointing transfer window, but at least we are well placed to focus on a couple of top quality signings in CM & CF when the summer comes around. If this team blows it again though then we'll still struggle to attract the best players, especially if Newcastle stay up.

MartiSaka

We just need to keep fit, stay healthy and watch our discipline. If we can do that, our rhythm will come back.

Im confident in what I'm seeing on the pitch, Arteta and team have us playing structured, tactically aware football. Not perfect of course as it does need our best XI, but good enough to give us a chance if we do have those players.

Dont worry, Im not pulling these good vibes out my arse :)
But when has arsenal history ever shown we won't have any injuries or discipline issues of a 3 month period? If it happens it will be the first time ever

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
We really have to get into Europe this season. I really worry about our ability to attract top level players if we don't. We don't have a star at the club at the moment, no x-factor, no excitement.

I hope we can salvage it this summer, but the winter window has been a disaster and we're very short in players. Hope we are not wrecked by injuries (or brainfarts).

gamechannel

We really have to get into Europe this season. I really worry about our ability to attract top level players if we don't. We don't have a star at the club at the moment, no x-factor, no excitement.

I hope we can salvage it this summer, but the winter window has been a disaster and we're very short in players. Hope we are not wrecked by injuries (or brainfarts).
We will get into the Conference League Insha Allah.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
At the start of the season I don't think anyone though we would be battling for top 4 - yet here we are. So now I expect top 4 but we really messed up not getting anyone in during the past window. Some are saying it will be fine as long as no one gets a suspension or injury but those are risks we are taking and praying won't be a factor. Let's see what happens. Honestly, I expect top 4 because Mikel and the rest brought this on themselves so either step up or shut up and get out of our team if you can't do the job!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

So this still works out well for us.

We’re not playing weekend of February 26th because of Liverpool getting to the Caraboa final.

The midweek after is the FA Cup 5th round and Chelsea, Sp**s and Liverpool should all make that which means we’ve got more than a week after the Wolves game until Watford.

The midweek of 8th March is when I’d predict the NLD or Chelsea to be get moved to as Liverpool will be playing Inter then.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's simply unfair how many world class sides we've got to face. The Wolverhampton Globetrotters, Brentford Galacticos, the Watford Invincibles. Ffs, it's not right.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Was a disappointing Jan but people over react.
Still a long way to go. On Balance of play we should have beat Burnley & got a draw against Man City.
Man U have a massively better squad than us simple FACT.
Tottenham are probably a similar quality team to us but have more strength in depth & an elite level manager.
As i have said before they didnt give Conte mega money to manage something they havent for years & finish behind us.

Improvement & Top 6 has always been the realistic aim for us this season.
We should finish 6th imho which is our level at the moment with a young team that is heading in the right direction.

A challenge for top 4 this season should be seen as a bonus.

MartiSaka

This season is a free hit, can’t expect to achieve anything given the challenges of covid, disrupting player influences, Amazon documentaries and having such a young squad. Infect we should be thanking mikhel that we are staying up in the PL.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Was a disappointing Jan but people over react.
Still a long way to go. On Balance of play we should have beat Burnley & got a draw against Man City.
Man U have a massively better squad than us simple FACT.
Tottenham are probably a similar quality team to us but have more strength in depth & an elite level manager.
As i have said before they didnt give Conte mega money to manage something they havent for years & finish behind us.

Improvement & Top 6 has always been the realistic aim for us this season.
We should finish 6th imho which is our level at the moment with a young team that is heading in the right direction.

A challenge for top 4 this season should be seen as a bonus.
So 150 million to improve on 4 points from last season. 65 point got you fourth last season. It looks like 64-65 will do this season

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Check these boots out for size...

If we beat Wolves away, we will get Champions League.
If we draw Wolves away, we will get Europa League.
If we lose Wolves away, we will get Conference League.

...Riou has spoken!

Top Bottom