• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
First the Superbowl with Rams.

Next the Champions League with Arsenal.

Fantastic times are ahead of us!
Ehhh, Colorado Avalanche are actually the best team in the NHL right now so we may have to wait our turn a bit..

Almost all of his major teams have followed similar blueprints, btw. Hire young coaches, build the team smartly, and give them time to develop.

akhil

Ehhh, Colorado Avalanche are actually the best team in the NHL right now so we may have to wait our turn a bit..

Almost all of his major teams have followed similar blueprints, btw. Hire young coaches, build the team smartly, and give them time to develop.

This Rams team is more the old Galacticos philosophy than any long term development plan. They sacrificed their near future unless they can find some gems in free agency.

Football Head

Lord Conspiracy

I've been an Avs fan for years, since before the Kreoenkes took over us.

A few years ago the Avs where probably one of the worst teams in NHL history. Stunk out the place at the bottom, getting hammered by large numbers, but they stuck with the young coach Jared Bednar. I remember going postal on twitter at the team for keeping him on, everyone did, but Bednar has turned the Avs into the most exciting team I've ever seen in ice hockey.

Maybe we (Arteta-outs) do have to have more patience, but Arsenal are far closer to my heart than the Colorado Avalanche. I mean, the Arsenal has made me cry and smile on numerous occasions, so i'm probably more trigger-happy and responsive. But I just can't see Arteta's potential and vision also given his mindset and behaviours.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

This Rams team is more the old Galacticos philosophy than any long term development plan. They sacrificed their near future unless they can find some gems in free agency.
McVay was the youngest head coaching hire in NFL history. He's been to the Super Bowl twice already in 6(?) years and I believe he's only had one losing season. Once the core was built up and solid then they started making moves to benefit them in the very near term. Best part is they got players like Von Miller who's old team is paying the bulk of his contract to play a rental season for them, etc. They make shrewd short term moves like this every season it seems.

Admittedly, it's a bit difficult to compare this to the PL considering over here we have to buy and sell players rather than draft and trade them. But, his successful teams have done similar blueprints once they found the coach they trust and believe in.

akhil

McVay was the youngest head coaching hire in NFL history. He's been to the Super Bowl twice already in 6(?) years and I believe he's only had one losing season. Once the core was built up and solid then they started making moves to benefit them in the very near term. Best part is they got players like Von Miller who's old team is paying the bulk of his contract to play a rental season for them, etc. They make shrewd short term moves like this every season it seems.

Admittedly, it's a bit difficult to compare this to the PL considering over here we have to buy and sell players rather than draft and trade them. But, his successful teams have done similar blueprints once they found the coach they trust and believe in.

The core has been Aaron Donald, Cooper Kupp and Jalen Ramsey. Nobody's really hung around for a while on that team except them.

Von Miller, OBJ, Weddle out of retirement??, Whitworth still going strong at 40. Traded a ton for Stafford as well. There is a lot of talent that they've recruited and kept.

McVay is an excellent coach though. He made Kirk Cousins look like a legit top 10 QB in Washington. Arteta's made us a more diverse and multicultural Stoke.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

Now we are going to have non sense comparatives between NFL and PL and the managers. Two different worlds boy, Rams winning superbowl means nothing to Arsenal. In fact, it means how much effort they put on rams and how forgotten Arsenal has been for years.

Thinking Arteta is going to win PL because he is young like McVay is... Not every manager is a Pep, and being his assistant is a world appart to win the league.

akhil

Now we are going to have non sense comparatives between NFL and PL and the managers. Two different worlds boy, Rams winning superbowl means nothing to Arsenal. In fact, it means how much effort they put on rams and how forgotten Arsenal has been for years.

Thinking Arteta is going to win PL because he is young like McVay is... Not every manager is a Pep, and being his assistant is a world appart to win the league.
They got what they wanted right. Winning the Superbowl in LA after basically commiting like 4 billion dollars in that stadium and surrounding area.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
They got what they wanted right. Winning the Superbowl in LA after basically commiting like 4 billion dollars in that stadium and surrounding area.
How much they committed in Emirates stadium? They winning superbowl makes me a little angry... Shows how they don't care Arsenal. Just an investment in an distant sport for them.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

This is my concern. I think Stan will look at McVay losing that first Super Bowl but bouncing back and think that Arteta just needs more time. With the Spuds and Utd. conspiring to put Mikel in the CL despite his best efforts to bottle it, we're probably looking at him getting a contract extension at the end of the season for him and possibly Edu. The only positive is that I see another summer with a good amount of money made available and if we are in the CL then perhaps that money can be spent on players who are worth it rather than cheap domestic versions of Saliba.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

The core has been Aaron Donald, Cooper Kupp and Jalen Ramsey. Nobody's really hung around for a while on that team except them.

Two of those guys were drafted by the Rams. They had the most drafted players in the league on their own roster this season. They've had the 2nd most draft picks since 2017.

So, most of your post was incorrect, actually. Whitworth was one guy on the offensive line while I could point to 3 important offensive lineman who were drafted by them. They made a move for Von Miller while Aaron Donald, Greg Gaines, Troy Reeder, and Ernest Jones were drafted by them.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Your reading comprehension is seriously lacking..

Also, putting all of that "effort" into building the Rams has a lot less wiggle room than it does with Arsenal. Arsenal are not restricted by a salary cap and a spending floor. However, they do not benefit from a draft. But, I already mentioned this in my 2nd paragraph that you apparently ignored.

Sit this one out, boy.

akhil

Two of those guys were drafted by the Rams. They had the most drafted players in the league on their own roster this season. They've had the 2nd most draft picks since 2017.

So, most of your post was incorrect, actually. Whitworth was one guy on the offensive line while I could point to 3 important offensive lineman who were drafted by them. They made a move for Von Miller while Aaron Donald, Greg Gaines, Troy Reeder, and Ernest Jones were drafted by them.

Most of those guys mentioned in those articles are fillers. When they're rookie contracts are up, I wonder what percentile on the pay scale they'd fall in for their roles. That's a good barometer on how well they've scouted l on day 2 & 3 of the draft. Also I said they've traded their future to get where they are, especially the deals over the past 12 months.

Outside of this year, they've scraped the playoffs except for the 1 year Goff and Gurley had pro bowl seasons. The stars got them over the line. That and the 49ers shooting themselves in the foot with Jimmy.

PS - I'm a 49ers fan and still salty over in the 2nd half of the NFC Championship game.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Were rams lucky in that final drive that got them the win. There was a penalty on an incomplete 3rd down about pass interference on receiver that I still can't see the interference( although I know **** all about NFL) but the commentators were pretty much saying the same thing. They would have had an all or nothing 4th down play without that penalty. Kroenke seems to have transferred all of arsenal's luck with refs to the rams.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
This is my concern. I think Stan will look at McVay losing that first Super Bowl but bouncing back and think that Arteta just needs more time. With the Spuds and Utd. conspiring to put Mikel in the CL despite his best efforts to bottle it, we're probably looking at him getting a contract extension at the end of the season for him and possibly Edu. The only positive is that I see another summer with a good amount of money made available and if we are in the CL then perhaps that money can be spent on players who are worth it rather than cheap domestic versions of Saliba.
That would be hilarious if Stan thinks his NFL strategy just fits seamlessly into European football. But he is an egotistical billionaire so wouldnt put it past him.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
That would be hilarious if Stan thinks his NFL strategy just fits seamlessly into European football. But he is an egotistical billionaire so wouldnt put it past him.
Remember when Josh showed up at our preseason in a Rams t-shirt? They're clueless and I'm positive it's what they think.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom