• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Random Football Stuff

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Messi is such a hypocrite.

Was praising Lewandowski so much after the Ballon D'Or, how much Lewa deserves to win this Ballon D'or and and and.
While that are his votes for the FIFA Best Player.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
On Saturday, I went to watch Gloucester City AFC away to Farsley Celtic, in the National League North. I went on the GCAFC Supporters Coach, leaving Gloucester at 10:00am, we made our way to the M5, joining the M42, then onto the M1 Northbound towards Yorkshire. We stopped off at the Services on route, getting a Costa Coffee.
The weather forcast was for rain in the North of England, and as we were heading up the M1, sure enough, spots of rain began to appear.
We arrived in the County of Yorkshire. Heading towards Farsley, we went past Leeds United's Elland Road ground. Leeds were away to Everton on this day, in a 3:00pm Kick Off. (Premier League Match).PXL_20220212_133427748.jpg
Leeds United's Elland Road ground coming into view.PXL_20220212_133429468.jpgPXL_20220212_133435969.jpg
Side view of the Mainstand. It dwarfs the other side's of the ground. PXL_20220212_133434210.jpg
A ground which if needed, could have the potential to have increased capacity.
The Farsley Celtic, Gloucester City match was a Bottom three relegation tussle. They were bottom, we were 20th. Only one Team goes down this season, as the National League North and South leagues are going from 22 Teams to 24. This was meant to have happened about two seasons ago, but Covid and the seasons ending Null and Void, put a stop to that.
We got to Farsley Celtic, greeted with rain. Gloucester's Current Form is not great, scored 2 goals in the last 9 games, defensively we have improved, getting 3 clean sheets in a row around December.
In the first half, we had the ball around the penalty area, but just couldn't get that final end product of a goal. Farsley were fairly quiet. (Half Time:- Farsley Celtic 0 - 0 Gloucester City).
In the first half, it looked like Gloucester could still play until the following Sunday Afternoon, and still not score.
Onto the Second half, Farsley took a 1 - 0 lead, fellow GCAFC supporters around me were not happy. We were creating some chances, three chances went over the bar. We made some substitutions, two forward players came on. It looked like being one of those days, are we heading towards relegation at the end of the season?
Then around the 85th minute, we scored, 1 - 1. Then in injury time, we scored a second, 2 - 1. (There was around 4 minutes of injury time). The referee blew for Full Time, we had won. (Full Time:- Farsley Celtic 1 - 2 Gloucester City).
Just what we needed, hopefully this result will help give confidence to the Team.
IMG-20220212-WA0007.jpg
Matchday Programme, and I bought a Farsley Celtic keyring from the Clubshop.

TornadoTed

Established Member
On Saturday, I went to watch Gloucester City AFC away to Farsley Celtic, in the National League North. I went on the GCAFC Supporters Coach, leaving Gloucester at 10:00am, we made our way to the M5, joining the M42, then onto the M1 Northbound towards Yorkshire. We stopped off at the Services on route, getting a Costa Coffee.
The weather forcast was for rain in the North of England, and as we were heading up the M1, sure enough, spots of rain began to appear.
We arrived in the County of Yorkshire. Heading towards Farsley, we went past Leeds United's Elland Road ground. Leeds were away to Everton on this day, in a 3:00pm Kick Off. (Premier League Match).View attachment 5857
Leeds United's Elland Road ground coming into view.View attachment 5858View attachment 5859
Side view of the Mainstand. It dwarfs the other side's of the ground. View attachment 5860
A ground which if needed, could have the potential to have increased capacity.
The Farsley Celtic, Gloucester City match was a Bottom three relegation tussle. They were bottom, we were 20th. Only one Team goes down this season, as the National League North and South leagues are going from 22 Teams to 24. This was meant to have happened about two seasons ago, but Covid and the seasons ending Null and Void, put a stop to that.
We got to Farsley Celtic, greeted with rain. Gloucester's Current Form is not great, scored 2 goals in the last 9 games, defensively we have improved, getting 3 clean sheets in a row around December.
In the first half, we had the ball around the penalty area, but just couldn't get that final end product of a goal. Farsley were fairly quiet. (Half Time:- Farsley Celtic 0 - 0 Gloucester City).
In the first half, it looked like Gloucester could still play until the following Sunday Afternoon, and still not score.
Onto the Second half, Farsley took a 1 - 0 lead, fellow GCAFC supporters around me were not happy. We were creating some chances, three chances went over the bar. We made some substitutions, two forward players came on. It looked like being one of those days, are we heading towards relegation at the end of the season?
Then around the 85th minute, we scored, 1 - 1. Then in injury time, we scored a second, 2 - 1. (There was around 4 minutes of injury time). The referee blew for Full Time, we had won. (Full Time:- Farsley Celtic 1 - 2 Gloucester City).
Just what we needed, hopefully this result will help give confidence to the Team.
View attachment 5861
Matchday Programme, and I bought a Farsley Celtic keyring from the Clubshop.
I've been keeping an eye on Gloucesters results since your posts in this thread, big win for you guys that.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Yes, a much needed win considering our form. We have Darlington and Alfreton at Home, next Saturday and Tuesday respectively. Hopefully we can build on this win.
Hereford FC looking good, a good position in the league, when you consider the start that you had at the start of the season. A push for a play off position?

TornadoTed

Established Member
Yes, a much needed win considering our form. We have Darlington and Alfreton at Home, next Saturday and Tuesday respectively. Hopefully we can build on this win.
Hereford FC looking good, a good position in the league, when you consider the start that you had at the start of the season. A push for a play off position?
Yeah we are on a good run of form and only a point off the playoffs now, Josh Gowling is doing a great job. I certainly didn't think we would be in anything but a relegation battle 3 months ago.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Remember these two names, folks, Kylian Mbappé and Jean Kevin Augustin.
They are the two strikers/ forwards for the French U-19 team who just beat Portugal 3-1 today in the semi finals of the Euros. They will play Italy (winner of England 2-1) in the Final Sunday.

They are both with 5 goals in the tournament, Mbappe plays for Monaco and Augustin for PSG. They are terrific. Mbappe particularly is brilliant and I hope Arsenal scouts are watching him, great talent.

Interesting post 6 years down the line! Good call on kylian

carlito'sway

Established Member
Interesting post 6 years down the line! Good call on kylian

Thanks for this. I remember writing about those two, particularly KMB. He was sensational.
Yesterday I mentioned Castello Luke the 19 yr old Lyon central defender, as a future great.
I hope a few years down the road, I will be as prescient about him. ;)

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Anyone watch Sharky Does Sports?

Hosted by an Arsenal fan...a bit mad with it's takes sometimes, but funny too.

They did a "Top strikers since 2000" list...they had R9 in 1st, with Henry in 2nd...feel that's kind of mad, tbh...Thierry is the best CF since 2000, for me.

Euros with France in 2000, Double with Arsenal in 2002, Invicibles in 2004, Champions League and World Cup runner up in 2006...even part of that GOAT Barca side in 2009 (though as a winger, but that still should add something to Titi) with the swagger/allround play/legacy of the man, there was no one better since 2000, imo.

All Ronaldo really had was the 2002 World Cup, and a La Liga with Madrid, he was kinda finished from 2006 on...though if you included the 1998 World Cup and the Barca and Inter seasons either side of that, he would have been ahead of Thierry...but that was past the cut off point, would probably have a few CFs ahead of Ronaldo, in that time frame...don't get me wrong, without the injuries, I would say R9 would have been better than Messi.

Thoughts?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@A__G

A thread on weird YouTube thumbnails, for football videos...

"Zidane smacking Hazard’s arse is an image that 9m people couldn’t resist clicking. People love it."

🤣 🤣 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Andrew Cole Linighan

🟥⬜DIXON 2 🟨🟦DIXON 2

That New Zealand player might have got some tips from ex Gooner Legend Lee Dixon. To be fair to Lee, when he scored at the right end, they were good strikes.

How not to score. ☹️

How to score. 😀

Latest posts+

Top Bottom