• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So looking at the best strikers we could go for:

Scamacca - one of the better options, but won't leave Italy, destined for Inter.

Isak-Having a bad season, but has a lot of tools. Insane buyout. I wouldn't pay more than 40 million for him right now.

David- not good enough.

Gouiri - similar to David. Would struggle in the Prem.

Nunez -Hyped. Also not good enough.

DCL-Good qualities, but literally hasn't looked like scoring since he came back. We should take note. We can't afford to have players who take months to get up and running again.

Abraham- Doing well in a weak league. Still all over the place.

Osihmen-Can't bend his Runs and would frustrate the hell out of people with his erratic shooting.

Nmecha - Good qualities, but similar to Abraham. He is all over the place with his touch and passing.

Broja- would Chelsea sell? Easily the most complete forward on the list.

Schick-He is looking like the best and most realistic option.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
He isn't good enough either. He tries hard, but he just doesn't have the quality to do what he wants to do.
He's a handful, created some chances with cutbacks for his teammates, but he didn't look exceptional. Also has a big temperament, got a stupid yellow and could've been sent off.

Based on this one game I'm not convinced. Could turn it around next game, but still prefer Schick at the moment.

Harry Hunter

After watching the champions league the other day two players that didn’t do well in the prem that i think would have something to prove would be Renato Sanches and Sebastian Haller.

Haller
Martinelli/ESR Ødegaard Saka
Sanches Partey
Tierney Gabriel White/Saliba Tomiyasu
Ramsdale

ChefMan21

Scamacca - one of the better options, but won't leave Italy, destined for Inter.

Isak-Having a bad season, but has a lot of tools. Insane buyout. I wouldn't pay more than 40 million for him right now.

David- not good enough.

DCL-Good qualities, but literally hasn't looked like scoring since he came back. We should take note. We can't afford to have players who take months to get up and running again.

Osihmen-Can't bend his Runs and would frustrate the hell out of people with his erratic shooting.

Nmecha - Good qualities, but similar to Abraham. He is all over the place with his touch and passing.

I think Martinez should go on that list if we secure Champions League football. There is no way we'll want to be dumped out again, can imagine us buying up big. Martinez might not be the primary target but he's an option.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Main targets/1st 11 signings

CF:
Alexander Isak. Not having a great goalscoring season but I think he'd be a great fit. He'll give us what Laca provides with his link up while also adding pace, dribbling, and a bit of x-factor to the mix. We shouldn't really pay the full release clause with how his season is going though imo.

LCM:
Thomas Lemar. A year left on his contract by the end of the season. He's got pace, dribbling, crossing, ability to play between the lines, passing, left footed etc. The perfect LCM/AM in an Arteta 433.

Inverted LB:
Don't know who but someone of the Delph/Zinchenko/Tomi mould. Secure in possession and comfortable with stepping into midfield and progressing the ball.

Go full City mode with 2 AM's, two wide wingers and a CF, with two inverted fullbacks.

Ramsdale

White Gabriel

Tomiyasu Partey New

Saka Ø/ESR Isak Lemar Nelli
Ideally you'd want another winger of the Saka mould in place for Martinelli on the left but it might too much all at once with all the other holes in the squad we need to fill. Ousmane Dembele on a free would be the dream though.
I'm thinking Lisandro Martinez could be a good fit for the inverted LB role. How much do you think he'd go for @Dutch D ?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I'm thinking Lisandro Martinez could be a good fit for the inverted LB role. How much do you think he'd go for @Dutch D ?
Started out as LB at Ajax, but definitely better centrally. I'm a big fan of Martinez, really good on the ball, tenacious, winner's mentality, fast, great passing range. Premier League fans will whine about his height, but I think there are few CB's in the PL better than him. Ajax is bossing it in the CL with two CB's smaller than 1'80. Think he would cost around €40m, to be honest, extended his contract recently until 2025.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He didn’t have the best of games last night but I really think we should target Daniel Podence if we get CL football this summer. Got a feeling once he improves his goal and assists which will eventually happen, he’ll be out of our reach.

The games I’ve seen for Wolves this season, he’s been their main threat. He’s making that A-M favourite Tielemans dance ffs.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
He didn’t have the best of games last night but I really think we should target Daniel Podence if we get CL football this summer. Got a feeling once he improves his goal and assists which will eventually happen, he’ll be out of our reach.

The games I’ve seen for Wolves this season, he’s been their main threat. He’s making that A-M favourite Tielemans dance ffs.
He's a decent winger but he's 26 now, doubt he's improving his output much and he's never got more than 4 goals or 3 assists in his career. Also, people have been complaining about Tielemans defensive contribution as a midfielder but he's like Maldini compared to Podence.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He's a decent winger but he's 26 now, doubt he's improving his output much and he's never got more than 4 goals or 3 assists in his career. Also, people have been complaining about Tielemans defensive contribution as a midfielder but he's like Maldini compared to Podence.

I agree, the Wolves system suits him as it hides his defensive contributions since they’ve got a very system in place, defensively.

Jota is 25 and Podence is 26, so I wouldn’t focus too much on age tbf. For me, I feel he’s currently doing all the right things in terms of being a constant threat but his low G/A tally doesn’t surprise me since Wolves have only scored 24 goals in the PL whilst just in comparison, a team like Liverpool have scored 70 goals.

Like I mentioned before if he somehow manages to improve those stats then he’ll be out of our reach just like when Liverpool snapped up Jota and Diaz. Podence definitely passes my eye test.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I agree, the Wolves system suits him as it hides his defensive contributions since they’ve got a very system in place, defensively.

Jota is 25 and Podence is 26, so I wouldn’t focus too much on age tbf. For me, I feel he’s currently doing all the right things in terms of being a constant threat but his low G/A tally doesn’t surprise me since Wolves have only scored 24 goals in the PL whilst just in comparison, a team like Liverpool have scored 70 goals.

Like I mentioned before if he somehow manages to improve those stats then he’ll be out of our reach just like when Liverpool snapped up Jota and Diaz. Podence definitely passes my eye test.

Agree he's easy on the eye, and a tricky, dangerous player but I think he's also part of the reason that Wolves struggle to score. He's just not that prolific.

Neto would be the one I'd go for - obviously coming back from injury but 5 years younger and has already had a breakout season that surpasses anything that Podence has managed.

Zaza

Strikers- Schick, Joao Felix and Nkunku.
Midfielders - Renato Sanches, Aouar, Ruiz, FDJ and Txhoumeni.

David- not good enough.

Schick is my number one option. Him or we go the false 9 route with Joao Felix or Nkunku. I still think Joao Felix can do a job as a false 9.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Broja, Felix, Bellingham, Tielemans. Bat **** crazy list and never going to happen, but hey this is the wish list.

------------------------Ramsdale/Turner--------------------
Tomi--White/Holding--Gabriel/Saliba---KT/Nuno
------------------------Partey/Sambi---------------------------
------------MO/Tielemans---Bellingham/Xhaka
Saka-------------------Felix/Broja----------Gabi/ESR

That group cements top 4, and gives us the base to challenge for the title imo.

Jack_The_Lad

For the striker postition I'd go for someone like Richarlison who can play on the wings as well and get Sasa Kalajdzic as the second option. Could work well together too I reckon. Loan Balogun for another year.

Top Bottom