• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Ødegaard was signed by Real Madrid as was one of the most exciting young players, and was an FM legend...by the time he was 16.

Don't even think Bruno was alive when he was 16, certainly in a footballing sense...levels to them, tbh.

By the time Ødegaard is Bruno's age, he will be the best playmaker in the league...and our boy won't need to stat pad 15 pens a season, to cover his massive weaknesses as a actual playmaker either.
Bruno ball is/was spamming passes 5'000'000 times, lose the ball on 90% of them and do something with the remaining attempts. That seems to have changed recently, but Bruno has also declined so....

Anyway, point is Bruno has always been overrated as a playmaker, true. At his best (first two years at United) he did it by quantity, not quality.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Bruno ball is/was spamming passes 5'000'000 times, lose the ball on 90% of them and do something with the remaining attempts. That seems to have changed recently, but Bruno has also declined so....

Anyway, point is Bruno has always been overrated as a playmaker, true. At his best (first two years at United) he did it by quantity, not quality.
Bruno spams but the quality of the spam is very high, and this is from somebody who hated on him for a very long time.

A much cleverer player than he is given credit for, also has very good off the ball movement (which is something Ødegaard needs to add to his game) think he scored an open play hattrick this season.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I think it's fortunate that Laca has the armband. It allows those young players to get on with it, and it deflects some of the responsibility away from them.

Next season Laca will most likely not be here, but they'll be ready then.
Well at this stage if Laca is going to leave us at the end of the season then imo we may aswell make a new long term captain. If Ødegaard is Norways captain then we may aswell give him a chance imo. He's going to be a long term player for us aswell I'd say.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Never forget who relentlessly pushed for this signing on these boards all summer long. Taking the fight to the "Saka and Ødegaard can't play together" believers. Taking the fight to the "Maddison is more of a difference maker" lot. Posting compilation after compilation of what he would offer us.

Well...

i won breaking bad GIF

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Never forget who relentlessly pushed for this signing on these boards all summer long. Taking the fight to the "Saka and Ødegaard can't play together" believers. Taking the fight to the "Maddison is more of a difference maker" lot. Posting compilation after compilation of what he would offer us.

Well...

i won breaking bad GIF
That’s fair but you need to improve your gloating, it lacks style. And you disappeared when he was playing poorly.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Excuse you, i've been ever present. Wouldn't say he's had a poor spell this season either.
I don’t agree on either count. But that’s why we disagreed in the first place, when i thought he was playing badly you thought he was playing well. We can both agree he’s playing well now.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
The good Arsenal sides I've watched over the years have always had a Bergkamp, a Fabregas or an Özil type in it. That real clever, creative hub. What I'm starting to see from Ødegaard over this last month or so there is definite shades of that.

Don't want to put to much pressure on the lad as consistent games is still the most important thing for him right now but **** me that was so impressive today.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Amazing footballer something of him remind of Santi when in mood just everywhere in pitch have this beautiful touch and really good with both feets

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

That off the ball movement towards goal is the only thing stopping him from being as good as any no10 out there.

He seems a very intelligent player so I don’t see why he can’t add that to his game.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's been pretty damn good since I called him a ghost a while back. He's really imposing himself and starting to dictate for us.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I’m surprised Real Madrid didn’t try and negotiate a buy-back clause for him. His quality is clear to see. One of the best creators around. He was unplayable in the first half, every time he got the ball it looked like he was gonna make something happen.

Delighted with him. Glad we signed him to a six year deal too.

Top Bottom