• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Any Norwegians gooners here?; bit too early for Arsenal but so impressed by kjetil knutsen. Manages a small club, Bodo/glimt, even by Norwegian standards (7000 seat stadium) with a squad comprised of almost exclusively norwegian players to convincingly win the league twice in a row against the big boys like Molde. Watched a bit of Bodo/glimt in the Europa League and they were fantastic. That 6-1 win against Roma was incredible; their style of play is so attractive. Then whilst still in preseason and having sold 5-6 of their top players, they just convincingly beat Celtic 3-1 at parkhead.

If i was the owner of a lower to mid table PL club, I would be taking a bit of a gamble and bringing him in. Potentially transformative for a club

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Any Norwegians gooners here?; bit too early for Arsenal but so impressed by kjetil knutsen. Manages a small club, Bodo/glimt, even by Norwegian standards (7000 seat stadium) with a squad comprised of almost exclusively norwegian players to convincingly win the league twice in a row against the big boys like Molde. Watched a bit of Bodo/glimt in the Europa League and they were fantastic. That 6-1 win against Roma was incredible; their style of play is so attractive. Then whilst still in preseason and having sold 5-6 of their top players, they just convincingly beat Celtic 3-1 at parkhead.

If i was the owner of a lower to mid table PL club, I would be taking a bit of a gamble and bringing him in. Potentially transformative for a club
The problem so far with any Norwegian coach is that they don't travel well. From Egil Olsen managing Wimbledon to Solbakken managing Wolves, the results are usually lacklustre. Ronny Deila did decently at Celtic, but there was not much competition due to Rangers having gone bust.

Knutsen is very talented, but he has it all to prove in terms of managing abroad. In some ways it's a pity he turned down Rosenborg. He would have had more resources with them.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Seen that united is going for Ten Haag?
Would have preferred they went for Poch.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I like Tite, but he's not built for football outside brazil

Would also mean Willian would probably move back to The Emirates, so that in itself makes it a no go.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Tets is going? IS OUR ARSENAL BACK?

For the haters, that is. The Wenger era associated Edu should not be allowed to remove Arteta.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Imagine handing exciting project and youth talent to Tite after mikel done all hard work at least give it to someone respectable with good club record.

Edu doesn't know anything else other than kia and Brazilians. I'd have edu Hagn instead.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Imagine handing exciting project and youth talent to Tite after mikel done all hard work at least give it to someone respectable with good club record.

Edu doesn't know anything else other than kia and Brazilians. I'd have edu Hagn instead.
Rumour makes no sense, even I wouldn’t get rid of Arteta at this stage there’s been enough progress to see the process through.

The only way I could see this happening is if the PSG or whatever club coming in for Mik rumours are true. In such a case, Edu would have to have a shortlist.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Rumour makes no sense, even I wouldn’t get rid of Arteta at this stage there’s been enough progress to see the process through.

The only way I could see this happening is if the PSG or whatever club coming in for Mik rumours are true. In such a case, Edu would have to have a shortlist.
Maybe he not signing new contract and leave in 2023 that's why there such rumors but even tho i don't want managers like tite or Mancini get this job that's mean destroying everything we did.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arteta has gone through the pain of initial part of the "rebuild". There's no way he doesn't sign a deal, when the club has a load of brilliant young players and a big transfer budget for the summer, especially with CL. Stupid rumour.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Arteta has gone through the pain of initial part of the "rebuild". There's no way he doesn't sign a deal, when the club has a load of brilliant young players and a big transfer budget for the summer, especially with CL. Stupid rumour.
The guy who said it is reliable in Brazil, that's why even Yousif hasn't outright dismissed it lol.

Arteta has just over a year left on his deal, a big club like Arsenal would have a shortlist of guys anyways. Tite being on there would be logical.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The guy who said it is reliable in Brazil, that's why even Yousif hasn't outright dismissed it lol.

Arteta has just over a year left on his deal, a big club like Arsenal would have a shortlist of guys anyways. Tite being on there would be logical.

Don't know much about Tite but it goes against the supposed strategy of the club now no? The Kroenke's are all about building young teams with young coaches, don't see how Tite fits that.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Don't know much about Tite but it goes against the supposed strategy of the club now no? The Kroenke's are all about building young teams with young coaches, don't see how Tite fits that.
Know nothing about Tite either. Not sure the coach has to be young to fit the young theme too, can't say I care too much either way though.

I'd guess Arteta's extension is around the corner personally, although quite telling he's not had a concrete offer already.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I don't want Tite but it does make sense to be looking at back up options just in case PSG or whoever come in for Arteta. Not that I think that's a strong possibility.

Typical Edu to be lining up one of his mates though 😁

Top Bottom