• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The good thing is our targets don’t really seem dependant on how the season ends so no matter where we finish our transfer business won’t be disrupted.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Jude is going to Liverpool or some similar level club.

I think they’re almost capped out money wise.

Similar owner to us and they’ve plowed a lot of money into new signings and extensions recently.

City or Utd I see as likelier.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I was so high on Tielemans but now I have this voice whispering "is he too slow...?" "is he too short...?" "is he too weak... ?"

Think that I'm just finding out hard to let go of the Declan Rice dream signing

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I was so high on Tielemans but now I have this voice whispering "is he too slow...?" "is he too short...?" "is he too weak... ?"

Think that I'm just finding out hard to let go of the Declan Rice dream signing

Ngl he’s looked a bit dead since he’s come back from injury.

Also I don’t think he works in a two. He’s a third midfielder but then I’d see him as a downgrade from Ødegaard.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Similar owner to us and they’ve plowed a lot of money into new signings and extensions recently.

Like I said, similar level club as Liverpool, rather than our level.

United I just can't see him being so stupid especially as they don't have UCL. They would have to give him totally ridiculous wages to attract him to their trainwreck squad.

My point was that I'm 100% sure they try him if we have the money, but also that we don't have a chance for him, he is such a talent.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We're going into next season with Xhaka/Partey/Sambi/Ødegaard as the only central midfield option (I see ESR as a wide player), we definitely could do with two more players there, I'd say a starting LCM and competition for Ødegaard.

Tielemans is extremely technical, knows the league and won't be that expensive. It would be a very solid signing.

drippin

No ESR is Wide player he excellent there no need to try him as 8 but might develop in future
Yes, but how do you see our squad if we buy Gakpo, whose best position is LW, for 40 million, and have Martinelli's best position on LW, and also ESR?

This is what I mean. Currently if we buy Gakpo, it's pretty obvious to me that Arteta plans to use ESR in the new Xhaka role also.

Barry

United I just can't see him being so stupid especially as they don't have UCL. They would have to give him totally ridiculous wages to attract him to their trainwreck squad.
That's exactly what United would do!

Feel like we might have a chance for one of Rice or Bellingham if we're prepared to pay the money this summer (as long as we get 4th).

drippin

That's exactly what United would do!

Feel like me might have a chance for one of Rice or Bellingham if we we're prepared to pay the money this summer (as long as we get 4th).
They likely don't have Europe money, and have a huge squad rebuild to do. I just can't see them having enough money to splash over 100 million for a CMF.

In addition I can't see Bellingham choosing them anyway unless he is a huge United fan. And paying like 300k per week for a 20-year old or so CMF is a **** for wage structure.

Regarding us, I can't see Bellingham choosing us even with UCL. He has takers in the top clubs.

And anyway, I have counted how much money we need to spend, and using over 100 million for CMF, I just can't see we can afford it. Unless Kroenke goes crazy.

Barry

They likely don't have Europe money, and have a huge squad rebuild to do. I just can't see them having enough money to splash over 100 million for a CMF.

In addition I can't see Bellingham choosing them anyway unless he is a huge United fan. And paying like 300k per week for a 20-year old or so CMF is a **** for wage structure.

Regarding us, I can't see Bellingham choosing us even with UCL. He has takers in the top clubs.

And anyway, I have counted how much money we need to spend, and using over 100 million for CMF, I just can't see we can afford it. Unless Kroenke goes crazy.
Just to caveat that I don't think this will happen... But humour me a minute whilst I channel my inner Hairspray;

If we decided to go big on just two players this summer - "Quality over quantity" - then keeping Xhaka, Laca and Pepe gives us decent depth. Go big on a CM and CF

In that case, £100m on a midfielder and £50-70m on a striker is doable considering that we'll also have sales and possibly CL funding.

It's also the best opportunity in absolutely ages for Arsenal to attract top tier talent (if we finish 4th). Barca and Chelsea are financially much weaker than before and have invested heavily recently. Juve are in the same position; Spuds below us and struggling...

There's a finite number of clubs who can financially out-muscle us this summer, who are also looking for a striker/midfielder. Not to say that we'll definitely land our top targets, but we should be well placed.

drippin

Just to caveat that I don't think this will happen... But humour me a minute whilst I channel my inner Hairspray;

If we decided to go big on just two players this summer - "Quality over quantity" - then keeping Xhaka, Laca and Pepe gives us decent depth. Go big on a CM and CF

In that case, £100m on a midfielder and £50-70m on a striker is doable considering that we'll also have sales and possibly CL funding.

It's also the best opportunity in absolutely ages for Arsenal to attract top tier talent (if we finish 4th). Barca and Chelsea are financially much weaker than before and have invested heavily recently. Juve are in the same position; Spuds below us and struggling...

There's a finite number of clubs who can financially out-muscle us this summer, who are also looking for a striker/midfielder. Not to say that we'll definitely land our top targets, but we should be well placed.
It's possible, but we do also need a RB worth of 15-20 million maybe.

Don't we also need a LW if we have UCL? Our squad is pretty thin and we rely on young players already.

I'll make a post about this in the Squad Analysis thread, so you see what I mean. Watch out in the Arsenal Talk area.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If we build on this season then suddenly almost everyone becomes realistic tbh.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If we build on this season then suddenly almost everyone becomes realistic tbh.

Liverpool coming towards the end of a cycle, Chelsea looking really uncertain and Utd looking like nowhere near contending.

Really if we get over the line now, then I think we can make a contending run next year with big signings and some depth buys.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If we invert both full backs Partey won't be his workhorse.

Tierney----Partey---Tomi

That becomes the midfield. If you haven't noticed, Tierney is no where near as high now. He used to be a left winger when we built up with Xhaka dropping into left back. He now tucks in and Xhaka pushes on, allowing Martinelli to hold the width.

We are preparing to have an attack minded lcm. Personally, I want Nkunku, however Tielemans would still be good.
This is over complicating things. Fullbacks are not midfielders nor do they spend most of their time in midfield. We finally stopped using Tierney as wide attacking fullback neglecting his defending and he has gone back to being solid defender and we want to move him back doing silly things. All this because we don’t have another midfielder who can do their midfield job next to Partey

Much easier solution is to get a midfielder who can play next to Partey

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Ngl he’s looked a bit dead since he’s come back from injury.

Also I don’t think he works in a two. He’s a third midfielder but then I’d see him as a downgrade from Ødegaard.
Youri can play in a 2 man midfield, but not really in a defensive role. He's at his best when there is a player next to him who can do the dirty work. Good partner for Partey imo.

Haven't seen him play for Leicester in a while though. But his friendlies with Belgium against Ireland and Burkina Faso were pretty weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom