• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Isak

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
but height does equal to the fact it ain't easy to bully then, even if they are not super strong. Long body is not easy to kick around....still, Isak is not weak

still think he is, and will stay, our top target, unless some unplanned opportunity opens up like Vlahovic was

Yeah fair. I'm just not sure about him at the prices being quoted. If a guy like DCL is available at a significantly lower cost I'd go with him, and bring in another forward (winger/F9).

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Yeah fair. I'm just not sure about him at the prices being quoted. If a guy like DCL is available at a significantly lower cost I'd go with him, and bring in another forward (winger/F9).
of course 90mil won't happen, but we should have learned by now not to bother about random prices media throws around

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I think the timing is wrong to sign Isak this season. He's so out of form compared to last season that he would have to be sold at a massive discount for a buying club up be interested.

And how many of you would be happy buying a striker from the Premier League who had scored just 4 goals all season? That's less than half what Smith-Rowe has scored by the way.

It would be a ridiculous gamble and that's why it won't happen.

Barry

Ramsdale says Hi

Totally different situation. I was one of the posters in here defending Ramsdale - he was actually performing very well - statistically Top 10 in the league with back to back player of the season awards as well.

Isak is not performing well. You can sugar coat it as much as you want with videos of him dribbling, but the hard facts are that he's scoring at a rate of about one goal in 5 games at the moment. Huge risk to bring him in as our only or main CF signing. They are disappointing stats for a winger let alone a CF. He's in a settled team, a league he knows etc. as well.

No doubt he's talented, but this is one to avoid at the moment, I'd rather stick with Laca.

yybecause

Totally different situation. I was one of the posters in here defending Ramsdale - he was actually performing very well - statistically Top 10 in the league with back to back player of the season awards as well.

Isak is not performing well. You can sugar coat it as much as you want with videos of him dribbling, but the hard facts are that he's scoring at a rate of about one goal in 5 games at the moment. Huge risk to bring him in as our only or main CF signing. They are disappointing stats for a winger let alone a CF. He's in a settled team, a league he knows etc. as well.

No doubt he's talented, but this is one to avoid at the moment, I'd rather stick with Laca.

Isak not performing good is your opinion, one I completely disagree with.
him being our only, or main, CF signing is also your own opinion.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Get what you're saying, but height doesn't equal strength. Those two you mentioned are very strong. Look at Saka, not the tallest but strong as an ox, you can't knock him off the ball.
The average footballer is built for endurance and don’t carry much in the way of excess fat or muscle so being taller usually means being heavier which makes it difficult to be pushed around. I think is what he’s saying.

You’ll have exceptions like Saka are Sterling who have no right being as strong as they are but Isak should do fine against most players just because of that extra weight.

Barry

Isak not performing good is your opinion, one I completely disagree with.
him being our only, or main, CF signing is also your own opinion.
Yeah that's fair enough and true. It's a fact that he's not scoring (or assisting) regularly though.

I don't see a club of Arsenal's stature shelling out massive money for a striker who's in one of the biggest goal droughts in European football. If he comes here it'll be after he starts scoring again (imo)

Barry

player of a season for a relegated club, conceding high number of goals. Didn't look promising (for those concentrated on 'stats')
I don't really get what you're saying. The Ramsdale situation is totally different. No one judges a goalkeeper on goals conceded when they are playing for a relegation struggling team. You look at save %, post shots on target etc.

If you're saying that Isak has encouraging underlying stats then fair enough, but they would have to be pretty special. If he was available for £30m then it wouldn't be a problem but don't you think it's more likely that Sociodad want to hang onto him and see if he regains form rather than selling cheap?

yybecause

Yeah that's fair enough and true. It's a fact that he's not scoring (or assisting) regularly though.

I don't see a club of Arsenal's stature shelling out massive money for a striker who's in one of the biggest goal droughts in European football. If he comes here it'll be after he starts scoring again (imo)

I think this is the time to get him (if he is our wish), just as any other wish; best time to get them is when they don't put the numbers up.
Numbers don't guarantee you he would copy that for a new club, it only means the price is at high(est) point.
It's a stupid business to buy players at their best form

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Get what you're saying, but height doesn't equal strength. Those two you mentioned are very strong. Look at Saka, not the tallest but strong as an ox, you can't knock him off the ball.

The whole strength thing is overplayed anyway, being able to hold onto the ball when under pressure is the key thing.
Height doesn’t equal strength fully. But when you 6”4 just by height alone you will get more respect. For example when you have 5”7 striker and a 6”3 see him about to receive the ball, he will approach that situation differently than if he was 6”4

Also Isak is very good at receiving the ball and using his body. And more importantly he will slowly fill out

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think if we'd really wanted him we'd have got the deal done in January. I've kind of doubted how strong our interest is/was in him since then.
No way we could have got him in January as he was not for sale unless his Claus was met. They were really competing for top 4 h then

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
No way we could have got him in January as he was not for sale unless his Claus was met. They were really competing for top 4 h then

As you said there was/is a clause there. If we'd really wanted we'd have met that, we're going to be paying big money whoever we go for anyway, and that would have also gave him 6 months to acclimatise ready for next season.

I don't think we where high enough on him to do that and preferred to wait for other targets who'd be more readily available this summer.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

As you said there was/is a clause there. If we'd really wanted we'd have met that, we're going to be paying big money whoever we go for anyway, and that would have also gave him 6 months to acclimatise ready for next season.

I don't think we where high enough on him to do that and preferred to wait for other targets who'd be more readily available this summer.
We were not in a position to spend 90 million in January with no guarantee having CL football next season.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We were not in a position to spend 90 million in January with no guarantee having CL football next season.

I still think we could if we really wanted to. We're going to be spending big on a forward this summer regardless as to whether we have CL next season or not.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I still think we could if we really wanted to. We're going to be spending big on a forward this summer regardless as to whether we have CL next season or not.
Yeah but 90M is crazy money...not sure we’re spending that on anyone who isn’t a sure thing.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah but 90M is crazy money...not sure we’re spending that on anyone who isn’t a sure thing.

It is yeah but I feel if he we where sure he was our guy we'd have done the deal and a lot of that would've been paid back by securing top 4 in the run in.

I think it's pretty safe to say Vlahovic was the number 1 target. Whoever is next in line will be someone who'd only have been available this summer, who that is I've no clue. I may be totally wrong but I don't think it's Isak.

Top Bottom