• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

smashed

If i was Stan would you let this guy spunk another 200m? No cl means no top players, we need at least one top class plsyer. Anyway top4 was on a plate and hes fvcked it, no top 4 means see you later.
We could end up weaker. Saka etc will be tapped up by more powerful clubs.

Kav

Established Member
He never makes any adjustments in midfield which is often where we see most of the ball.

A more progressive passing or ball carrying player there disrupts the shape of the opposition and allows us to play through, rather than just around them.
He seems to only trust a handful of players. He doesn’t really rotate early unless it’s an injury situation.

I mean he tried to make an injured Partey continue to play. That probably summed it up best.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

At least with the Ole cycle they had periods where they had the best big 6 record or knocked PSG out of the CL.

What is ours? 🥲

skysports-mikel-arteta-arsenal_5055917.jpg
32577236-0-image-a-20_1598821754991.jpg

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Unfortunately we lost three in a row at the beginning of the season. Perhaps one could say we were forewarned but we are fans and hoped it was a blip.

Arteta doesn’t often affect games with his substitutions or tactical adjustments. Which is why I don’t feel comfortable when we are behind in a match.

On the bright side we have Chelsea and Man U up next so we know it can’t get worse right?
I actually forgot about the first three PL games. These free hit posters wipe your memory. Someone has posted it hasn't been done twice since 83/84 so no wonder I couldn't remember. Agree he doesn't affect games and can do even less now that he's decimated the squad. Roll on the end of the season. I'm predicting 10 losses in a row at this rate.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Fair enough. I am a pragmatic person so I don’t expect a club performing around 8th to suddenly be challenging for 3/4. However context is everything that same club was around 5/6 two seasons before. So it’s not exactly a case of lack of capacity it’s more a case of a lack of talent, ideas and leadership.

If we are being honest he should have been fired last year. He’s still here and we are now seeing another poor run of form going. People shouldn’t be surprised.

Can he take us to where we want to go though? I have my doubts.
We’re 8th because we have a **** coach. Bring in a decent coach and we’ll be competing again

Kav

Established Member
I have a slightly different perspective.

It will sound a little crazy but hear me out. How about this:

Arsenal terminate Arteta’s contract at the end of the season. Then hire a new manager and also hire Arteta as a defensive coach. To be fair his defensive record is impressive.

Too crazy?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It'll take a miracle for him to be sacked this year, but tick tock, it's coming. Honestly there's no way he survives next season. We'll not get CL and the patience will disappear soon.

I'm just gonna say it, I've seen nothing to suggest he's capable of taking us to where we want to go. I don't care how much wages he's saved or how young the average age is.
This is where I’ve been for a longggg time.

Auba, Pepe, Willian and co have all been failed auditions for me in terms of being a good attacking coach. Add Douzi, Saliba and a few others as failed auditions on the man management side of things and I’m not sure he’ll ever be the right manager for Arsenal unless he learns/changes quickly.

Naturally it’s unrealistic to expect such drastic change in a short time and the more realistic answer is that a rookie coming in and succeeding at a big club is a fairytale.

I think it’s only a matter of time but because he’s not an absolute bum it’s going to be an extended Ole cycle.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

This is where I’ve been for a longggg time.

Auba, Pepe, Willian and co have all been failed auditions for me in terms of being a good attacking coach. Add Douzi, Saliba and a few others as failed auditions on the man management side of things and I’m not sure he’ll ever be the right manager for Arsenal unless he learns/changes quickly.

Naturally it’s unrealistic to expect such drastic change in a short time and the more realistic answer is that a rookie coming in and succeeding at a big club is a fairytale.

I think it’s only a matter of time but because he’s not an absolute *** it’s going to be an extended Ole cycle.

Willian is dusted, Pepe is dusted, Auba can’t hold a ball. What you expect him to do?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The club are going to lose £100m+ worth of talent before he goes, that’s the most annoying thing. Losing Guendouzi for £10m when he’s probably worth quadruple that now. We all know Saliba is off in the summer for a fee that Marseille will more than treble when they sell him on in 2 years.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I have a slightly different perspective.

It will sound a little crazy but hear me out. How about this:

Arsenal terminate Arteta’s contract at the end of the season. Then hire a new manager and also hire Arteta as a defensive coach. To be fair his defensive record is impressive.

Too crazy?
How about no? Historically we’ve conceded less goals than currently.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom